ValueElectronics HDTV Shoot-out Evaluation Event - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 29 Old 08-17-11, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

ValueElectronics HDTV Shoot-out Evaluation Event

ValueElectronics HDTV Shoot-out Evaluation Event

On September 17-18, 2011 we will host our 7th annual HDTV shoot-out. This year’s flagship competitive offering of flat panel displays from every major manufacturer will be on display and we will reward one manufacturer the honor of “King of HDTV” based on comparison and evaluation from TV experts and audience members.

Kevin Miller is our master calibrator and keynote speaker. Kevin is an ISF charter member/instructor, professional reviewer, and industry consultant. Professional calibrators D-Nice and Ed Johnson will assist Kevin with the calibrations and will have presentation contributions. Other surprise speakers that are industry leaders and display development engineers will also participate. The event will have a live audience carefully selected from the motion picture and TV Broadcast industries as well as serious a/v enthusiasts and the press. The event will also be webcast live and available on our YouTube page.

Our shoot-out is the only industry wide evaluation that includes every major premium manufacturer's HDTV. We are opening up the attendance to the press, professional TV Broadcasters and the motion picture industry executives and I would love to have members of HTS attend in person or watch the live webcast and post in the moderated live chat section.

We look forward to your participation. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.

Best regards,

-Robert

www.valueelectronics.com

Value Electronics, Authorized Factory Direct dealers for LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Elite, Denon, Marantz, Krell, OPPO, Sonance, Definitive Technology, Artison, Leon Speaker Systems & more

Personal equipment:
Video: 2 theaters, Sony's VPL-VW5000ES, 2nd theater, JVC RS66
Family room LG 65" G6 OLED, Gym KRP-500M, Bedroom 65" B6 OLEED, Living room Panasonic 65" VX300
Audio receivers: Pioneer Elite, SC-09; Denon, AVR-7200WA, Marantz SR7011
Pre-pro: Marantz AV8802A w/7&5 ch amps

Last edited by Robert Zohn; 08-17-11 at 08:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 08-18-11, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

Thumbs up Re: ValueElectronics HDTV Shoot-out Evaluation Event

Twice Magazine, the CE industries leading trade publication has published an article about our shoot-out event. Take a look here.

-Robert

Value Electronics, Authorized Factory Direct dealers for LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Elite, Denon, Marantz, Krell, OPPO, Sonance, Definitive Technology, Artison, Leon Speaker Systems & more

Personal equipment:
Family room LG 65" G6 OLED, Gym KRP-500M, Bedroom 65" B6 OLEED, Living room Panasonic 65" VX300
post #3 of 29 Old 08-18-11, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

Re: ValueElectronics HDTV Shoot-out Evaluation Event

The industry coverage continues.... Big Picture Big Sound just published a very nice article on our shoot-out event. You can read it here.

-Robert

Personal equipment:
post #4 of 29 Old 08-19-11, 01:50 PM
Senior Shackster
Suzook

I actually get the print version of Twice and glad to see you featured
post #5 of 29 Old 08-19-11, 06:19 PM
Senior Shackster

I just watched the whole 2010 Event! Truly extraodinary! Marketing meets measurements! The value of this type of challenge is incredible! It should be a standard for all manufacturers!

Good luck to all! Thank you for providing the opportunity for everyone!!!
post #6 of 29 Old 08-19-11, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

Thank you Aleic and AVoldMan.

The manufacturers do respect what we are doing and participate with their top presenters who we allocate 10 minuets to each so they can talk about their flagship product's features and benefits. The rest of the 5+ hours are spent on our expert panelists teaching, analogizing and evaluating the 4 attributes of pq on each panel and how they compare to each other.

No sales talk, just the technology and teaching how to read the SMPTE and other test patterns and signals we generate across the 7 or 8 top 2011 displays.

This year we have a couple of special VIP industry engineering and development leaders presenting.

I hope we will have HTS members attending and hopefully much of the membership, mods and admins participating in the live webcast and moderation we have set-up for those who can't attend in person.

Registration is now open and available on our home page.

-Robert

Personal equipment:
post #7 of 29 Old 08-20-11, 12:39 PM
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System
post #8 of 29 Old 08-20-11, 12:41 PM
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System
post #9 of 29 Old 08-20-11, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

Hi mechman, very glad you will be participating in our live webcast and moderated live chat.

The Event will be Saturday, September 17th beginning at 7 PM EST and Sunday, September at 1 PM EST. The event will start on time so please tune in timely so you don't miss any part. I'll be saying hello to all of my forum friends.

I just signed up for the fastest pipeline directly to the web so we're broadcasting in 720p 60fps.

Advance registration is not required for the live webcast, but if you want to chat live you will be registering with a user name.

-Robert

Personal equipment:
post #10 of 29 Old 08-20-11, 02:52 PM
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System

Ok I misunderstood my calendar. I thought the 17th was a Friday. I'll try to check in on Saturday but I will probably be in and out a bit. Same goes for Sunday.