Welcome Chase Home Theater as a New Sponsor - Chase Giveaway - Page 9 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
Home Theater Shack Forums
Audio General, Inc.: Great deals on projectors, screens and electronics. Underwood HiFi - Excellent discounts on some awesome name brands. Power Sound Audio designs, develops, and assembles high quality loudspeakers and subwoofers for home theater environments. Visual Apex: The most competitive pricing for home theater projectors... and built on customer satisfaction! SVSound Creative Sound Solutions: Loudspeaker kits and components for subwoofers, midwoofers, woofers and full range speakers! XTZ Sound Marantz Standout Design OPPO Digital - Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer Chane Music & Cinema Madisound Value Electronics: A trusted retailer and custom installer that specializes in whole-house audio, home theater, Plasma, LCD, LED, HDTVs, Blu-ray and more. Genelec: Active Speakers and Speaker Systems

Like Us on facebookREW
Go Back   Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com > General Shack Area > Forum Announcements | News
Forgot Password?
Donations Reviews Vendors

Reply     Post New Thread
Views: 12675 - Replies: 126  
Old 02-25-12, 04:54 PM   #81
Senior Shackster
Silver Supporter

Greg
Since: Nov 2010
Farmingdale, Maine
My System
Re: Welcome Chase Home Theater as a New Sponsor - Chase Giveaway

CraigSub,

You know men, for those who cannot make the trek..., like me in Maine. Have you considered a conference call on Skype, with an open computer microphone and camera. Those reviewing from a distance over the net, the music may loose fidelity and impact but to watch the proceedings, hear comments, watch body language and see the subs in action..., the opportunity is priceless.

But, what is a GTG anyway? Is it like a shoot-out only better. You know I could get a few interested people together here. You may even sell a few pieces of gear.

Can you let me know..., us know...

Now I'm excited..., I won't sleep for a week in anticipation of this event.

We believe everything we tell ourselves..., don't we??

Forum Rules Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-12, 07:33 PM   #82
Shackster

Weed
Since: Dec 2011
Tempe, AZ
My System

Wow

Old 02-25-12, 07:36 PM   #83
Chase Home Theater

craigsub
Since: Sep 2006
Erie, Pa.

Quote:
Gregr wrote: View Post
CraigSub,

You know men, for those who cannot make the trek..., like me in Maine. Have you considered a conference call on Skype, with an open computer microphone and camera. Those reviewing from a distance over the net, the music may loose fidelity and impact but to watch the proceedings, hear comments, watch body language and see the subs in action..., the opportunity is priceless.

But, what is a GTG anyway? Is it like a shoot-out only better. You know I could get a few interested people together here. You may even sell a few pieces of gear.

Can you let me know..., us know...

Now I'm excited..., I won't sleep for a week in anticipation of this event.
A GTG is more for fun than work. The Skype idea is interesting. Thanks for the idea! Of course, we would have to behave.

Old 02-26-12, 12:19 AM   #84
HTS Moderator

Joe
Since: Oct 2011
Madison, WI
My System

Quote:
craigsub wrote: View Post
A GTG is more for fun than work. The Skype idea is interesting. Thanks for the idea! Of course, we would have to behave.
For the GTG, how many people are you allowing to attend? I may just make the drive......

Old 02-26-12, 06:48 AM   #85
Chase Home Theater

craigsub
Erie, Pa.

For something in late April, we can accomodate 40 people here. We can actually have three theater setups going at once, although two of them might interfere with each other.

Theater 1 is appx. 25x24 with a 106 inch projections system
Theater 2 is appx. 27x25 with a 65 inch Panasonic plasma
Theater 3 is appx. 44x14.5, also with a 65 in Panasonic plasma

Old 02-26-12, 09:15 AM   #86
Senior Shackster

PHIL
Since: May 2007
SHERMAN, TX

Are those rooms bedrooms??? LOL I jest.
As I saw those room size numbers:
I was thinking that with 3 different sized rooms, using the same equipment, you could demonstrate the differences in power, equalization, and speaker placement required to achieve a particular desired result in rooms of varying sizes.
Thinking further, I thought a dissassembly and reassembly of a subwoofer or a main with an explanation of all of it's component parts would be a useful and interesting demonstration.
And thirdly if there is 3 differing signal sources, amps or AVRs, and EQs to compare, that too would make for an interesting GTG.
And of course, between your company and those masses attending, you would be offering "Special" pricing on Chase Home Theater products for those who will be mightily impressed with the demo and take some units home with them, purchased direct from the company CEO with his own REAL signature (autograph) affixed!
Now THAT"S the way to make Home Theater Shack members feel "special".

Old 02-26-12, 11:50 AM   #87
Shackster

Chad
Since: Feb 2010
Silverdale, Wa
My System

As I'm not super technical about all this I sure wish somethig like this would happen in Washington. I think I have spent more time reading forums on here then talking to wife but love learning about new products.

Old 02-26-12, 12:53 PM   #88
Chase Home Theater

craigsub
Erie, Pa.

Quote:
ISLAND1000 wrote: View Post
Are those rooms bedrooms??? LOL I jest.
As I saw those room size numbers:
I was thinking that with 3 different sized rooms, using the same equipment, you could demonstrate the differences in power, equalization, and speaker placement required to achieve a particular desired result in rooms of varying sizes.
Thinking further, I thought a dissassembly and reassembly of a subwoofer or a main with an explanation of all of it's component parts would be a useful and interesting demonstration.
And thirdly if there is 3 differing signal sources, amps or AVRs, and EQs to compare, that too would make for an interesting GTG.
And of course, between your company and those masses attending, you would be offering "Special" pricing on Chase Home Theater products for those who will be mightily impressed with the demo and take some units home with them, purchased direct from the company CEO with his own REAL signature (autograph) affixed!
Now THAT"S the way to make Home Theater Shack members feel "special".
So ... if I am reading this correctly ... I need to give a discount to people willing to look at my ugly signature on our products?

Sorry - I could not resist.

Seriously - there are some good ideas here. If things work out, we will have quite the display of products. We also are going to put the onus of the Skype on our 18 and 20 year olds. They have wanted it, and now the old man has no choice.

And I hope my humour doesn't offend anyone. We take the products seriously, in terms of delivering a lot for your dollar. We don't take ourselves too seriously. This business should be fun, especially for our customers.

Old 02-26-12, 01:20 PM   #89
Senior Shackster

PHIL
Since: May 2007
SHERMAN, TX

I note that you have been on the audio "websites" for some years and have made a huge contribution to the education of hundreds of other enthusiasts with your participation through the forums etc. I like your brand of internet activity.
And now here you are in the midst of building a business model which offers products in the very area of your own long term interests and expertise via the internet. That's a great human interest story and a true American enterprise one of which you should be very proud. I wish you good luck and fortune. I just might make the trip to Erie to hear your story.
Phil

Old 02-27-12, 01:35 AM   #90
Shackster

Since: Oct 2011
My System

Maybe a review this week? I'm waiting for review to be done so we can get the give away going. I really need more woofage

Reply     Post New Thread     Back to Top of Page

Musicians Friend: Your one stop shop for microphones, mic amps and Behringer products.   Cmple   Monoprice Electronics   Amazon   Velodyne Check out the Woot product for today!

Onkyo   GIK Acoustics: Home audio acoustics at its best... especially when you have help from the owners right here at the Shack!  Check out their very affordable acoustic panels!   Nyrius   Aperion Audio   Axiom Audio  Parts Express: Excellent Source for DIY Speaker and Subwoofer Projects!

« Home Theater Shack > General Shack Area > Forum Announcements | News »

« Previous Thread   Next Thread »