REW v5.01 Beta 10 Released - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 26 Old 12-15-12, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System
REW v5.01 Beta 10 Released

REW v5.01 Beta 10 Released

Beta 10 changes are as follows (uploaded 12/15/12):
  • On Windows REW automatically detects the MiniDSP UMIK-1 USB mic, offers to use it for measurement and prompts to load the cal file.
    If the USB mic is selected sample rate is set to the preferred value for the mic (48k), capture volume control is set to 0.1 (for no gain), the Mic/Meter settings are set to mic input, use of other channel as a timing ref is turned off and the SPL readings are calibrated for the mic sensitivity.
  • Improved the waterfall controls to provide better control over appearance and frequency resolution and allow waterfalls to be used for examination of driver and cabinet resonances on full range measurements (see the Waterfall graph help in REW for details). Changes are:
    • Added a control to the waterfall plot to select the number of slices, up to 100 (previously fixed at 31)
    • Added controls to the waterfall and spectral decay plots to select the rise time of the left hand window
    • Added frequency and time axis markings to the floor of the waterfall plot
    • Added a control for the smoothing applied to waterfall and spectral decay plots
    • Added a control to the waterfall and spectral decay plots to operate in "CSD" mode, with the right hand end of the window remaining fixed rather than the whole window sliding along the impulse response.
  • Added a check box to show the modal frequencies for a room on a measurement, requires room dimensions to be entered via the EQ window
  • Added a control to the Impulse graph to shift the impulse by a time corresponding to an entered distance
  • When the impulse graph t=0 offset samples control is adjusted the time and distance offset controls update to show the equivalent values
  • Disable antialiasing when scrolling graphs to provide faster response to the controls
  • Disable antialiasing when adjusting waterfall x/y/z/slice sliders to provide faster response to the controls
  • Changed the input type selection in Mic/Meter preferences to clarify when the C weighted SPL meter should be selected
  • Added a file menu entry to export distortion data as text
  • Added CEA-2010 Tone Burst to the signal generator, to measure results use the RTA with FFT Length 65536 for 44.1k or 48k, 131072 for 88.2k or 96k, Rectangular window
  • For DSP-30 increased Q resolution to 0.01, max filters to 20
  • SPL calibration takes into account adjustments of input volume control (if accessible, i.e. input selected in REW, Java sound driver, running Windows)
  • Bug Fix: Changing ETC smoothing was still not working in locales using comma as decimal delimiter
  • Bug Fix: RT60 calc could reset an applied IR filter
  • Bug Fix: Square wave signal generator did not operate at sample rates above 48kHz
  • Bug Fix: Phase wraps in excess phase trace were not drawn dashed
  • Bug Fix: RTA one octave and half octave centre frequencies were wrong
  • Bug Fix: Filter selection check boxes on EQ filters panel were partially obscured

Click here for access to the download files.

Enjoy!

This is an announcement thread only. For help with REW, please use the REW Forum. Thanks!

Cedar Creek Cinema

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 12-16-12, 11:31 PM
Elite Shackster
Mike

My System
Re: REW v5.01 Beta 10 Released

Hey Sonnie,

If I am posting in the wrong area then feel free to let me know.

With the MiniDSP UMIK-1 USB mic would a outboard USB sound card still be needed to output the test tones or would the output from most internal sound cards be just fine?

I am chomping at the bit to order a USB mic to make using REW about as easy as possible.
post #3 of 26 Old 12-17-12, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

Unfortunately I do not know the answer to that question. You might ask in this thread and maybe John or someone that knows more about sound cards can answer. I think I will need my USB sound card for the output signal on my laptop, but I am not absolutely sure and not sure about other computers.

Cedar Creek Cinema

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #4 of 26 Old 12-17-12, 12:18 AM
Elite Shackster
Mike

My System

I will go ahead and ask there.

Thanks Sonnie.
post #5 of 26 Old 12-17-12, 10:01 AM
Shackster
kennypc

great
post #6 of 26 Old 12-20-12, 03:53 AM
Shackster

This is my first post. I just wanted to thank you for making this great program and let us use it for free. Thanks!
post #7 of 26 Old 12-31-12, 12:18 PM
Shackster
Audioguy

On this new version, if I use HDMI output for the test signal, can I tell it what channel I want to use? Also, do I need to tell REW to use HDMI for the output? If this can be done, this would be VERY very cool.
post #8 of 26 Old 12-31-12, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

Quote:
Audioguy wrote: View Post
On this new version, if I use HDMI output for the test signal, can I tell it what channel I want to use?
I don't think so, but it may depend on what sound card you have. John will probably know for sure. I have the AMD HDMI Output in my Sound/Playback devices configured for 5.1, but I don't think the REW sweep is sending a 5.1 signal so my AVR does not read it. The only way I get output from my subwoofers is to set my mains to small and set my crossover to 80Hz, redirecting that bass to the subwoofers.

Quote:
Audioguy wrote: View Post
Also, do I need to tell REW to use HDMI for the output? If this can be done, this would be VERY very cool.
Yes... you do tell REW to use your HDMI output in the REW Preferences Output Devices.

John is working on a few things to help us with this... and it is nice to be able to use nothing more than an HDMI cable to get the output sweep to the AVR. No more worries with external USB sound cards.

Cedar Creek Cinema

post #9 of 26 Old 12-31-12, 10:52 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

bigbadbill

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
John is working on a few things to help us with this... and it is nice to be able to use nothing more than an HDMI cable to get the output sweep to the AVR. No more worries with external USB sound cards.
That is great news for laptop owners!

Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

DIY completed:
http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...-shelf.html
post #10 of 26 Old 01-01-13, 01:32 PM
Shackster
Dan

Download not working...

Happy New Year