Welcome Chane Music & Cinema as a New Sponsor - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 22 Old 10-13-13, 04:01 PM
Senior Shackster
Bud

My System
Re: Welcome Chane Music & Cinema as a New Sponsor

I only have experience with Craig Chase. If the combined company can improve on Chase it will be impressive. The current m1's are nice speakers. The subs do not dissapoint either
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 10-13-13, 08:29 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

Wow! What a great combination. Can't wait to see where they go with this.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #13 of 22 Old 10-14-13, 06:41 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

I'm interested to see where the new company goes and what sort of products they'll be offering (or improvements to existing product). The PRO-10 & SHO-10 seemed like a great bang for the buck if you weren't too concerned with looks, and the Arx and Dana line have always been attractive to me. The Chase subs also seem very capable, although they aren't that pretty either
post #14 of 22 Old 10-15-13, 07:16 PM
Senior Shackster

craigsub

Greetings everyone - and thanks for the kind words AND for the gentle hints about our Chase products needing improvements in the looks department.

Some updates:

1. Jon Lane and our IT guy are working hard on the new website. We hoped to have it ready for Sunday, the 20th, but it looks more like an early November debut. This website is closer to Jon's TAI site in feel than our Chase site - which is a GOOD thing. It will be even better than Jon's original site, and it is shaping up nicely.

2. We are still closing out all the old Chase Subwoofers - including VS-18.1's at $600, SS-18.1's at $425 and SS-18.2's at $800. Our toll free number is 800-664-9485 if anyone has questions.

3. I have been spending countless hours on the new Chane branded subwoofers. They will take the lineup we have now and offer improved performance, better cabinetry and will still be amazing values. For an example - I have two prototypes coming next week for the replacement for the VS-18.1. This prototype pair with our MQ-600 power amplifier will be in the $2300 range and will be capable of delivering 122 dB at 2 meters outdoors at 16 Hz.

We also have a new sealed subwoofer with the new 18 ... look for a variety of subwoofer packages WITH AMP AND 18 INCH DRIVER starting at $700 and going all the way to $5000. The $5000 package will be something quite spectacular.

4. Jon is working hard on a couple of new speakers in the ARX lineup. Having had the opportunity to live with the A-1's and A-5's for the past few months, I have grown to LOVE these speakers. All the current models will stay in the line up, with the new A2RX-C and A3RX-C shipping to us as I type this.

5. The first run of SHO/PRO-10 replacements have shipped to us - we should be seeing them arrive at the warehouse in early November. The look is a major step up from the SHO-10's, and the sound is still amazing people when they see the size of these speakers.

Here is the front/back snapshot of a production model:

post #15 of 22 Old 10-17-13, 03:44 AM
Nec
Shackster

Solid and nice
post #16 of 22 Old 10-18-13, 09:20 PM
HTS Reviewer

Quote:
craigsub wrote: View Post
Greetings everyone - and thanks for the kind words AND for the gentle hints about our Chase products needing improvements in the looks department.

Some updates...
It's great to hear things are moving along nicely. Very excited to see what's in store from Chane in the coming months!
post #17 of 22 Old 10-19-13, 11:03 AM
Senior Shackster

DG

My System

My only problem Craig is that you are going to make me spend more money with you. I guess I have more rooms to fill with Chane goodness...

20% bettter, Right direction

My Mancave build thread
post #18 of 22 Old 10-26-13, 07:56 AM
Senior Shackster

craigsub

Good morning, guys .. A quick update:

Two samples of the new Vented 18 inch subwoofer are on a truck, heading to our place. They should arrive on Tuesday. There will be a serious beat down placed on these units, then we will move into production.

The current Vented 18 - the VS-18.1 that Dale tested two years ago - is on closeout for $600 per unit as a passive sub.

The target pricing on the new subwoofer is $895. Yes, I will get pictures when I can, and will also be posting more detailed CEA-2010 numbers on the new sub.

When production units arrive here in January, look for Peter Loeser to get either some of our new sealed modules or the vented ones for testing.
post #19 of 22 Old 10-26-13, 10:10 AM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System

That's great news Craig.

Now it's Jons' turn for his update!!! Some teasers please !!!
post #20 of 22 Old 10-26-13, 06:47 PM
Senior Shackster

craigsub

Jon has been working overtime with the webmaster to get Chane Music and Cinema's website up and running. It's making him quite grouchy, too.