VerticalScope Purchases Home Theater Shack - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 77 Old 04-25-14, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Re: VerticalScope Purchases Home Theater Shack

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcomes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 77 Old 04-25-14, 01:42 PM
Senior Shackster

I honestly have no idea who or what VerticalScope is but as long as the forums are still around and everybody is still cool beans, it's all good.

Welcome to the new owners
post #23 of 77 Old 04-25-14, 03:12 PM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System

Well, first off I'm a bit shocked!!! I have come to feel like Sonnie...you...are a friend. A respected friend. A friend that shares my sence of morality & views. I will truely miss you & what you have brought to this forum. I wish you all the very best in your new endeavors. That's from the heart. So keep in touch!

In keeping with the true HTS tradition...I would like to welcome the new admin (name?). It will be interesting to see how things will continue/evolve. We have a great group of members here that should be able to accomodate any new avenues that might ensue.

It would be nice to hear a few things about you, so we can get to know each other. That is one of the things that has made this site so special...kinda like a family.

Last edited by Tonto; 04-25-14 at 08:40 PM.
post #24 of 77 Old 04-25-14, 03:59 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

Quote:
mechman wrote: View Post
That crazy cajun has a way with words don't he?!?!
Ain't you rot bout dat, cher!

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #25 of 77 Old 04-25-14, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Tonto wrote: View Post
Well, first off I'm a bit shocked!!! I have come to feel like Sonnie...you...are a friend. A respected friend. A friend that shares my sence of morality & views. I will truely miss you & what you have brougth to this forum. I wish you all the very best in your new endevors. That's from the heart. So keep in touch!

In keeping with the true HTS tradition...I would like to welcome the new admin (name?). It will be interesting to see how things will continue/evolve. We have a great group of members here that should be able to accomodate any new avenues that might ensue.

It would be nice to hear a few things about you, so we can get to know each other. That is one of the things that has made this site so special...kinda like a family.
36 years old, live in Toronto Canada. I have lived here almost all my life. I spent about 8 months living in the California Baja Sur, Mexico in a city called La Paz. I am engaged to a wonderful woman from New York and if all goes right will be married by the fall. (We are all tied up with immigration lawyers at the moment). Before working for VS I have been a Wedding and Portrait Photographer, a content manager for a company that ran a hand full of online magazines, a print broker/designer and used to volunteer teaching kids and adults how to ride unicycles. Drink way too much coffee, love craft beer, Mexican food, have a lot of tattoos and want a bigger TV...

If you have questions please post them up.
post #26 of 77 Old 04-25-14, 07:02 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

Other than the unicycle riding and tattoos we have a lot in common. Maybe you can teach Mechman how to ride a unicycle while playing hockey. I will by the GoPro to donate to the project.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #27 of 77 Old 04-25-14, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

Thanks everyone for the very kind words... they are much appreciated.

Quote:
lcaillo wrote: View Post
Other than the unicycle riding and tattoos we have a lot in common. Maybe you can teach Mechman how to ride a unicycle while playing hockey. I will by the GoPro to donate to the project.
Now that would be really funny... just seeing mech on a unicycle.

Quote:
newtechadmin wrote: View Post
36 years old, live in Toronto Canada. I have lived here almost all my life. I spent about 8 months living in the California Baja Sur, Mexico in a city called La Paz. I am engaged to a wonderful woman from New York and if all goes right will be married by the fall. (We are all tied up with immigration lawyers at the moment). Before working for VS I have been a Wedding and Portrait Photographer, a content manager for a company that ran a hand full of online magazines, a print broker/designer and used to volunteer teaching kids and adults how to ride unicycles. Drink way too much coffee, love craft beer, Mexican food, have a lot of tattoos and want a bigger TV...

My wife can ride a unicycle (or use to could 30 years ago)... she is a photographer of sorts (but not near as much as when we first got married)... I drink way too much coffee too, but never acquired a taste for beer, will probably at Mexican tonight cause we love it so much... my wife and I have been talking about getting a tattoo (a parlor right down the road from us and got a friend who tattoos)... and I got way too many big TVs!

Good stuff to know Philip... you sound like a good ole home boy, as we call them down here in the south, with a hint of geek built-in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #28 of 77 Old 04-26-14, 08:54 PM
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System

Been there. Done that.

Video was destroyed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #29 of 77 Old 04-26-14, 09:47 PM
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

Thumbs up Re: VerticalScope Purchases Home Theater Shack

Quote:
newtechadmin wrote: View Post

Did I hear a bigger TV is in your future. jk.

Hope you will have some free time to stop by our showroom when you are in NY.

All the best in your new career and marriage to a great NY lady!!

-Robert

, Authorized Factory Direct dealers for LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Elite, Denon, Marantz, Krell, OPPO, Sonance, Definitive Technology, Artison, Leon Speaker Systems & more

Personal equipment:
Video: 2 theaters, Sony's VPL-VW5000ES, 2nd theater, JVC RS66
Family room LG 65" G6 OLED, Gym KRP-500M, Bedroom 65" B6 OLEED, Living room Panasonic 65" VX300
Audio receivers: Pioneer Elite, SC-09; Denon, AVR-7200WA, Marantz SR7011
Pre-pro: Marantz AV8802A w/7&5 ch amps
post #30 of 77 Old 04-27-14, 04:36 AM
Senior Shackster
Bud

My System

Thanks Sonnie and John for providing the Forum/site to us geeks so that we can set up our systems without all the drama that we would have had to wade through in order to get good info.. You have really done a service to me, I am very grateful. This is the best Audio site that I know of and I think it will continue to be. Good luck in your new ventures.