Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

VerticalScope Purchases Home Theater Shack

30K views 79 replies 31 participants last post by  NBPk402 
#1 ·
VerticalScope Purchases Home Theater Shack

In April 2006 when John and I decided to embark on this journey of creating the most respected forum on the Internet, we had no idea it would have succeeded so remarkably well. There is one thing for certain; we could not have made it as far as we have without the absolute finest and most extraordinary members and staff any forum could ever ask for. While it is unfortunate for John and I that we must announce this day that Home Theater Shack, LLC has been sold to VerticalScope, we do not count this as an unfortunate event for the members of Home Theater Shack. Rest assured you will all continue to enjoy the respect and friendliness that is common to HTS. The fine folks at VerticalScope have promised us that they will continue to allow the administrators and moderators of the site to run the forum as it is, so you should notice very little change overall. The no-nonsense attitude, as well as the Zero Tolerance Forum Rules will remain. We know you will continue to support the staff in upholding the moral and ethical standards of the forum. You will still see the same familiar faces around the forum for the most part with the majority of our admin and moderators. John will continue to offer REW for download at HTS, and he will continue to support the REW Forum as a member of the staff. As for me… I will be moving on to other ventures in the industry (more later). That does not mean I am alienating my friends at HTS, or that I will be a stranger, but it does mean that I will be participating less, and I will no longer be on staff here at HTS. John and I thank you all for making this forum what it is today… the BEST forum on the Internet. We thank you all and wish you all the very best.

Please join us in welcoming VerticalScope as the new owner. We hope you will give them your support, as they respect you and this forum, and how you have built it up to be what it is today.

Best Regards,
John and Sonnie

See less See more
#2 ·
Greetings!

My name is Phil and I will be taking over the webmaster duties on HTS for Sonnie. There is little about the site that will change, your mods are all still here and the site will still look and feel as it always has. I am open to questions and of course any suggestions you think you want to mention that will make your experience on HTS more enjoyable.

#3 ·
Wow Sonnie, I wish you all the best in your new endeavors and that we will of course be seeing you around. I welcome the new owners VerticalScope and hope they do keep things growing for the better.

Welcome Phil :wave:

#4 ·
Sonnie, I am so glad you and John will still be a part of this forum. I want to wish you all the luck in the world with your future plans. It is because of You and John's hard work that this forum is what it is today. I would like to welcome Phil and VerticalScope to HTS and I hope that they will continue to keep this forum as respected as it has become. Thank you so much for making this the best forum on the web. Good luck....:T

#10 ·
Sonnie,
While I agree that we have a truly remarkable community of users and moderators, it is impossible to overstate the significance of your vision and presence. Having been around since the early days, I have seen how your passion for excellence, moral and ethical bearing, and the importance you place on how people treat each other have made all of us better people. That is high praise for a discussion forum centered on an entertainment hobby, but it is completely accurate.

I count you as a friend and hope that moving forward the platform that you have left us respects the lessons that you taught us. Most important among them is that we can engage in discourse in a civil manner, even vigorously debate a topic, without doing harm to one another. Count the time you have spent building this community as a success that will always be appreciated.

Be well, my friend, and be in touch.

#12 ·
John and I thank you all for making this forum what it is today… the BEST forum on the Internet. We thank you all and wish you all the very best.
Thank you, Sonnie and John, I appreciate all you have done to make Home Theater Shack an informative and FUN place to be. Best of luck on your new venture, Sonnie. I consider you a friend and am grateful for the opportunities and kindnesses you have shown me. And thank you, John, for continuing to support REW.

Greetings!

My name is Phil and I will be taking over the webmaster duties on HTS for Sonnie. There is little about the site that will change, your mods are all still here and the site will still look and feel as it always has. I am open to questions and of course any suggestions you think you want to mention that will make your experience on HTS more enjoyable.
Welcome, Phil. I look forward to working with you, and am glad to hear the values that have made this such a great place to be, will remain. I wish VerticalScope and our discussion board continued prosperity!

#14 ·
I'll just keep it short and sweet... I want to welcome Phil, and Vertiscope as the new owners of the HTS, and I also want to wish Sonnie the best in his new endeavors. :wave:

#23 · (Edited)
Well, first off I'm a bit shocked!!! I have come to feel like Sonnie...you...are a friend. A respected friend. A friend that shares my sence of morality & views. I will truely miss you & what you have brought to this forum. I wish you all the very best in your new endeavors. That's from the heart. So keep in touch!

In keeping with the true HTS tradition...I would like to welcome the new admin (name?). :wave: It will be interesting to see how things will continue/evolve. We have a great group of members here that should be able to accomodate any new avenues that might ensue.

It would be nice to hear a few things about you, so we can get to know each other. That is one of the things that has made this site so special...kinda like a family.

#25 ·
Well, first off I'm a bit shocked!!! I have come to feel like Sonnie...you...are a friend. A respected friend. A friend that shares my sence of morality & views. I will truely miss you & what you have brougth to this forum. I wish you all the very best in your new endevors. That's from the heart. So keep in touch!

In keeping with the true HTS tradition...I would like to welcome the new admin (name?). :wave: It will be interesting to see how things will continue/evolve. We have a great group of members here that should be able to accomodate any new avenues that might ensue.

It would be nice to hear a few things about you, so we can get to know each other. That is one of the things that has made this site so special...kinda like a family.
36 years old, live in Toronto Canada. I have lived here almost all my life. I spent about 8 months living in the California Baja Sur, Mexico in a city called La Paz. I am engaged to a wonderful woman from New York and if all goes right will be married by the fall. (We are all tied up with immigration lawyers at the moment). Before working for VS I have been a Wedding and Portrait Photographer, a content manager for a company that ran a hand full of online magazines, a print broker/designer and used to volunteer teaching kids and adults how to ride unicycles. Drink way too much coffee, love craft beer, Mexican food, have a lot of tattoos and want a bigger TV...

If you have questions please post them up. :)

#26 ·
Other than the unicycle riding and tattoos we have a lot in common. Maybe you can teach Mechman how to ride a unicycle while playing hockey. I will by the GoPro to donate to the project. :)

#27 ·
Thanks everyone for the very kind words... they are much appreciated.

Now that would be really funny... just seeing mech on a unicycle.

36 years old, live in Toronto Canada. I have lived here almost all my life. I spent about 8 months living in the California Baja Sur, Mexico in a city called La Paz. I am engaged to a wonderful woman from New York and if all goes right will be married by the fall. (We are all tied up with immigration lawyers at the moment). Before working for VS I have been a Wedding and Portrait Photographer, a content manager for a company that ran a hand full of online magazines, a print broker/designer and used to volunteer teaching kids and adults how to ride unicycles. Drink way too much coffee, love craft beer, Mexican food, have a lot of tattoos and want a bigger TV...

If you have questions please post them up. :)
My wife can ride a unicycle (or use to could 30 years ago)... she is a photographer of sorts (but not near as much as when we first got married)... I drink way too much coffee too, but never acquired a taste for beer, will probably at Mexican tonight cause we love it so much... my wife and I have been talking about getting a tattoo (a parlor right down the road from us and got a friend who tattoos)... and I got way too many big TVs!

Good stuff to know Philip... you sound like a good ole home boy, as we call them down here in the south, with a hint of geek built-in.

#30 ·
Thanks Sonnie and John for providing the Forum/site to us geeks so that we can set up our systems without all the drama that we would have had to wade through in order to get good info.. You have really done a service to me, I am very grateful. This is the best Audio site that I know of and I think it will continue to be. Good luck in your new ventures.

#31 ·
Phil wroted:

If you have questions please post them up.
I think we all drink too much coffee! Comes with getting :eek:lddude:. I would like to hear a bit about your personal interest in HT/2 channel. Do you have any gear your fond of or looking forward to getting one day? Seems like we are always dreaming of something new or better.

I'm also interested in if the speaker evals will continue. They were fun & seemed to garner a good bit of interest. I know I was looking forward to an upcoming bookshelf speaker evaluation. Don't know how this would work now that Ceader Creek Cinema is out of the equation...hoping there is some way to keep them going. Anyway, I imagine you have your hands full getting used to everything. Feel free to ask us questions also! Again, welcome aboard.

#36 ·
Phil wroted:

I think we all drink too much coffee! Comes with getting :eek:lddude:. I would like to hear a bit about your personal interest in HT/2 channel. Do you have any gear your fond of or looking forward to getting one day? Seems like we are always dreaming of something new or better.

I'm also interested in if the speaker evals will continue. They were fun & seemed to garner a good bit of interest. I know I was looking forward to an upcoming bookshelf speaker evaluation. Don't know how this would work now that Ceader Creek Cinema is out of the equation...hoping there is some way to keep them going. Anyway, I imagine you have your hands full getting used to everything. Feel free to ask us questions also! Again, welcome aboard.
Speaker Evals are on my to do list to get ironed out so they will be able to continue. I am almost sure this is the plan but it involves more than just me.

#40 ·
Just want to wish Sonnie well on his new endeavor and thank him for playing such a major role in creating this great forum. I hope and expect that the core of what makes HTS great and unique will remain, and be expanded upon going forward.

Thanks Sonnie, and good luck. Don't be a stranger around here :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.