The SVS SB-2000 and PB-2000 Subwoofer Giveaway Winners - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #51 of 74 Old 06-14-14, 10:15 PM
Senior Shackster
Bryan

Re: The SVS SB-2000 and PB-2000 Subwoofer Giveaway Winners

Quote:
tonyvdb wrote: View Post
Oops lol
But my question still stands in the sence of are your current subs not able to go below 28hz that seems so high.
My pair of subs are 12" with two 10" passive radiators. Like ported subs, of course, the PR are tuned for a specific frequency, and the output of the sub rolls off quickly beyond that tune. My in-room response falls off quickly below the upper 20s Hz.

Other than the ID companies and a few better-known subwoofer manufacturers (Velodyne, Paradigm, JL Audio come to mind), it seems a lot of speaker companies that make subwoofers think that going much below 30 Hz is either unnecessary or too expensive to sell. I suppose for the majority of sub owners, it is quite sufficient. But those of us who frequent forums are not average (more like obsessed ) and we're usually interested in pushing the limits and getting the best performance possible.

My system is quite competent until that roll-off occurs, and then that's it. I am looking to replace the whole thing for various reasons, but one of them is low frequency extension. The trick has been selling my current system. It is unique in many ways, and quite expensive, and from a company not very well known, so it is a hard sell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 74 Old 06-14-14, 10:37 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
tonyvdb wrote: View Post
Oh your gonna love your new sub, you will be amazed what it can do!
Yes I do! It's a little champ, I have to say. It's finished in a good way and my wife hasn't even seen it yet! It came yesterday, and I told my kids not to say anything til she sees it. She was not exactly doin backflips when I said I won. "So where you gonna put that?" I said in the right front. She said "ugh". If she can't even see it, then I surely don't have to worry like when I brought in the 2nd PC! I do feel sorry for her sometimes.
post #53 of 74 Old 06-14-14, 10:42 PM
Senior Shackster
Bryan

Quote:
willis7469 wrote: View Post
Yes I do! It's a little champ, I have to say. It's finished in a good way and my wife hasn't even seen it yet! It came yesterday, and I told my kids not to say anything til she sees it. She was not exactly doin backflips when I said I won. "So where you gonna put that?" I said in the right front. She said "ugh". If she can't even see it, then I surely don't have to worry like when I brought in the 2nd PC! I do feel sorry for her sometimes.
You mean your wife isn't as enthusiastic about it as you are!?

My wife hopes I will sell it haha. Not in the near future that's for sure.
post #54 of 74 Old 06-14-14, 10:49 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Lol! Nope. Trying not to complain, but still letting me know, at the same time. I also have a large drum kit in my house!
post #55 of 74 Old 06-14-14, 10:56 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
Lol! Nope. Trying not to complain, but still letting me know, at the same time. I also have a large drum kit in my house!
:-)
Attached Thumbnails
The SVS SB-2000 and PB-2000 Subwoofer Giveaway Winners-image-2072666842.jpg  

post #56 of 74 Old 06-14-14, 11:04 PM
Senior Shackster
Bryan

Yowsa double kick drums and everything. Which does your wife dislike the most -- the drums or the home theater? Drums are probably louder ...
post #57 of 74 Old 06-14-14, 11:05 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
bkeeler10 wrote: View Post
You mean your wife isn't as enthusiastic about it as you are!? My wife hopes I will sell it haha. Not in the near future that's for sure.
Mine knows I'll never sell it. But I do have a friend who could really use an upgrade. I considered letting him break it in. ...maybe indefinitely. But maybe not!
post #58 of 74 Old 06-14-14, 11:26 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Hey, did you guys know this stuff wasn't just for subwoofers?
Attached Thumbnails
The SVS SB-2000 and PB-2000 Subwoofer Giveaway Winners-image-1968555574.jpg  

post #59 of 74 Old 06-14-14, 11:28 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
bkeeler10 wrote: View Post
Yowsa double kick drums and everything. Which does your wife dislike the most -- the drums or the home theater? Drums are probably louder ...
Drums are much louder, and carry outside a lot more too! Surprisingly, she likes the theater less.
post #60 of 74 Old 06-15-14, 09:38 AM
Senior Shackster

Donnie

My System
Send a message via Yahoo to hyghwayman
Re: The SVS SB-2000 and PB-2000 Subwoofer Giveaway Winners

Quote:
Yes I do! It's a little champ, I have to say. It's finished in a good way and my wife hasn't even seen it yet! It came yesterday, and I told my kids not to say anything til she sees it. She was not exactly doin backflips when I said I won. "So where you gonna put that?" I said in the right front. She said "ugh".
LoL, my wife when I told her I had won a SVS sub "O' GREAT now the neighbors will hear us" I said no dear, they will feels us