Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Help with Screen

Tags
screen
5K views 34 replies 5 participants last post by  custard 
#1 ·
Hello Rch here from denmark , the plan is to make a screen about 100* , Sanyo PLV-Z2000 connected to a Sharp BD-HP20S blurayplayer with 1.3 supra hdmi cable , the plan is to shoot the picture from a distance of about 6 meters wich projects a picture around 100* , im unsure on wich path of screen projection would be best to take been looking through the forum alot seem to be pretty big jungle esp with geting the mats wich are needed also because they most likely wont have the same brands here in denmark as in the states and if you dont know anything about the mats needed then it can be a problem finding something similar , so i hope you can help me abit along with some advice :help:

#6 ·
Welcome to the Shack rch! First off, 6 meters is roughly 20 feet. That's a long throw! Have you checked out the projector calculator over at PJCentral? You might want to check that out or your pj's manual to see if this is possible. And then there's the question of the foot lamberts. Black Widow might be a bit too dark for this. :scratch: You may need to stick around for the lighter Black Widows.

If I entered everything correctly over at PJCentral (I've been known not to before! ;) ), with a 20 foot throw your screen size options are 154-200". And your foot lamberts are around 9. For a 100" screen the throw needs to be around 10-13 feet.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
thank you for the warm welcome mech , atleast now i got my zoom issues solved so i can make a very huge picture amazing what a tiny little lever can do that`s attached to a zoom lense , allright well the room is about 7 meters on the long throw and i will be able to place the projector pretty much anywhere in the room , i have read that for this particular projector the best way is to place it on a table or something similar it has lense shift so its no problem moving the picture where its supposed to be projected without any big quality losses

#10 ·
Biggest problem is for me to find the right paint , denmark is abit special we dont have the Dulux wich is refered to most of what we have here is some stand alone danish brand no one else has ever heard of , they need to move some walmarts from the states to here :foottap:

#16 ·
I doubt matching by eye would be accurate enough, but who knows, if they have enough experience maybe it can be done.

Many paint sellers have devices called spectrophotometers that measure the color of things. They can be as small as a computer mouse, or much larger machines that are built into a paint station that measures colors and also dispenses tint.

It wouldn't hurt to ask around. :)

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dyrup , Flora, Bondex , Gori , Flûgger , Pinotex , thats most of the big brands we have then theres some very small pretty unknown , im not sure how it is in the rest of the world but here they tend to make up their own brands and not sell any other brands , proberly would have been easier if i had lived in copenhagen instead of this little town i live in hehe , it woulden surprise me if they dont have NCS paints custard not even several of the hospitals here use different parameters for looking at bloodwork and it can take 2 weeks or more to send a piece of paper 20 kilometers hehe got abit sidetracked there , ill ask around if ncs paint is anything they know about , however tomorrow ill try and take that color code with me and see if its anything they can mix

#18 ·
well i got the S0907-y70r mixed in a sadolin store they had the color in the computer so it took me about 5 minutes to get hehe :boxer: , however its geting more more difficult to get the AAA because the site i thought had it doesent have it , looks like its not very common here tried to get other water based alu paint at the store but they only have it where its very toxic components

#19 ·
right now im not sure how to get my hands on AAA or anything similar isent something they use here apparently , how would you guys paint with black widow directly on to a wall with wallpaper on it? take the wall paper off and paint directly on wall or get a board of some sort and paint on that and hang it on the wall , im unsure what would give best result :dumbcrazy:

#21 ·
this is from a store i well tried to ordered from was hard to find any place that actually wants to sell their goods , but anyways when i went to checkout and had to pay and type all the card info in etc , i got a warning that my card wasent accepted however i still got a email with order number and wich goods ive ordered as you can see , so now ill have to wait and see what happends with this order before i try and order somewhere else

Order number: XXXXXX
Order date: Tue Sep 02 16:18:50 2008
code Item product Qty Price Total

CTX-4101-04 2316 Auto-Air Aluminium Base Fine (120ml) 2 GBP 7.45 GBP 14.90

Sub Total: GBP 14.90
Shipping Cost: GBP 7.95
Grand total: GBP 22.85

#28 ·
well i managed to find one place where i can order from they only take payment in advanced tho through bankaccount payment but that will have to do , tired of looking around for that AAA , I have new front speakers arriving soon a 32 lcd tv and a mediecenter so im starting to want the projector screen to be completed soon :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.