Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Room Done-Thanx to all that helped!

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  mayhem13 
#1 ·
Hey guys, finally received the accuscreens 100" in matte white gain 1.1 and all is up and running. Currently setting the borders and gonna tape it off and paint it BW sometime this weekend after i pick up a Wagner. Adding some pix

Furniture Screen Room Flat panel display Display device

Screen Display device Computer monitor accessory Room Electronic device

See less See more
#6 ·
Did you mount the screen with anchors or are they into a joist? I'm trying to conquer a similar install. I tried anchors last week, but, one snapped as I tried to drill it in... I was just too tired to keep going.

I've got the same deal, pull down over a 50" plasma. Looks great!

#8 · (Edited)
I used the scissor style of anchors and matched up with hooks of the same thread pitch, some fender washers and nuts-worked like a charm. The nice thing about those anchors is they spead open inside the open cavity between the studs and have more surface area for better load rating...about 60 lbs each....since i'll be tugging on the screen to get it down better to be safe.
As for the Cabinets they're from Ikea believe it or not. I use high strenght construction adhesive whenever i put Ikea stuff together. You won't believe how much it helps keep that pressboard stuff together. The IR remote works flawlessly through the frosted glass.
Thanks for the comments. Oh by the way the projector is a Mitsu HC1500. At 13ft viewing distance 720p is spectacular in film mode !!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.