Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

connecting sub to tv

Tags
connecting
2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Kal Rubinson 
#1 ·
i have purchased Sony - 10" 100-Watt Powered Subwoofer Model: SAW2500 | SKU: 8417527
and have bought a y cable so that i can connect the sub wire to my audio jacks on my tv.. on the back of the sub i have ports for speakrs i have plugged two of them in however i am not getting sound out of the speakers and am only getting sound from the sub.. can anyone please suggest what i should do .. if i need to purchase an amp what is the cheapest amp i can go with.. thanks for your help

#2 ·
You cannot set it up that way. Using the Y cable (with RCA connectors?) will supply a low (line level) voltage to drive the sub and, btw, combine the left and right channels. However, the sub's amp is a single channel and will only amplify the signal for the sub. The speaker output terminals will only work if you connect an amplifier's speaker outputs to the subs speaker input terminals. You need a stereo amp to drive those speakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.