Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Onkyo TX-SR603x Getting Hot

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  eugovector 
#1 ·
This is post number 1.5 for me. I unknowingly posted this in the Welcome section, oops!

I've got some limited raw electronics background. Bought an Onkyo TX-SR603x for pennies on craigslist because I was having an ambitious moment of "I can fix anything", ha! Seller said it works fine for about a day then all sound from speakers will stop all of a sudden. After a little while, turning the system back on, the speakers work fine again except for a shorter period of time. I hooked this receiver up to some small sony satellite speakers in my workshop (only using Front Left, Front Right, and Center channels), hooked up my portable dvd player and proceeded to watch a movie on my retro 19". Worked fine through the first movie but halfway through the second I heard a small pop and that was it, no more sound. The next day I turned it on and after 30 minutes it crapped out again.

Any ideas? Can anyone think of how to pinpoint the problem? Thanks for your time!!

#3 ·
Thanks man. Do you think this would be isolated to the circuit board controlling the speakers? Also, do you know if there is normally one power supply that handles all channels? Capacitors....one for each channel? I guess I really just don't know much about electronic circuits. Thanks for any help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.