Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

2017 TV Shootout Evaluation event will be in NYC, July 12 and July 13, 2017

7K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  JimShaw 
#1 ·
We're holding our 2017 TV Shootout TM evaluation event in conjunction with CE Week NY on 7/12 - 13, 2017.

Joel Silver of ISF and Kevin Miller of ISF TV will be running the event this year along with Matt and Jeff Murray of AV Pro Store.

Joel and Kevin made a significant change to the event this year. They are inviting a top professional team of judges as the panel of experts to vote on the attributes of picture quality to determine "Who makes the world's best TV?" So the evaluation event will be judged by professional colorists, contrast graders, and video engineers.

Another change this year is my personal VIP invite list gets full access to the CE Week show floor, the private press room, special access to all private press events before the show opens to the public, the TV Shootout event and all of CE Week's full calendar of special events all at no charge. Value Electronics invited guests will be pre-registered and issued an all access badge.

Members of HTS can email me at rzohn@valueelectronics.com to be included in our exclusive VIP advance registration.

#2 ·
It will be fascinating to get feedback from such distinguished professionals. And what a generous offer to an exciting event! I'm assuming there are a limited number of passes available, so I'll try to finalize plans soon. May I ask which models Value Electronics will be entering in the shootout, or is that a surprise?

#3 ·
Lou, hope you can join us! If you are planning on attending just email me and I'll put you on the VIP list so you will be preregistered with your all access complementary badge ready for p/u at the registration desk.

The event is limited to the flagship models. Here's the preliminary list of contestants:

Sony 65” A1E OLED TV
Sony 65” Z9D LCD/LED
LG 65” W7 or G7 OLED TV
LG 65” SJ9500 LCD/Nano LED
Samsung 65” Q9 LCD/QLED

Not sure if Joel and Kevin will include a Vizio or Hisense or any other 2nd tier brand. I leave it up to them.

This year the professional panel of experts votes will be used to determine the ranking and winner of the evaluation event. I'll suggest we give ballots to all attendees so they can fill them out as the judges are voting and use the information to see how they compare.

Very exciting year for our 2017 TV Shootout!

Reactions: hristoslav2
#4 ·
Cant wait to see the results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Robert Zohn
#6 ·
Yes, I'm looking into several streaming choices for our 2017 TV Shootout. I love the line-up models this year.

#8 ·
#10 ·
#11 ·
So any update to how it went?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 · (Edited)
Where would someone find the report and results ? I would like to see the final rankings and scores of each display. I have typed in A 2017 Television Shootout, and several different ways. I am coming up with nothing in print.
I must not be doing something right.I can get 2016, 2015, and so on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.