2017 TV Shootout Evaluation event will be in NYC, July 12 and July 13, 2017 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

5Likes
  • 1 Post By Lumen
  • 1 Post By Robert Zohn
  • 1 Post By the_rookie
  • 1 Post By JimShaw
  • 1 Post By JimShaw

post #1 of 10 Old 03-01-17, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

Arrow 2017 TV Shootout Evaluation event will be in NYC, July 12 and July 13, 2017

We're holding our 2017 TV Shootout TM evaluation event in conjunction with CE Week NY on 7/12 - 13, 2017.

Joel Silver of ISF and Kevin Miller of ISF TV will be running the event this year along with Matt and Jeff Murray of AV Pro Store.

Joel and Kevin made a significant change to the event this year. They are inviting a top professional team of judges as the panel of experts to vote on the attributes of picture quality to determine "Who makes the world's best TV?" So the evaluation event will be judged by professional colorists, contrast graders, and video engineers.

Another change this year is my personal VIP invite list gets full access to the CE Week show floor, the private press room, special access to all private press events before the show opens to the public, the TV Shootout event and all of CE Week's full calendar of special events all at no charge. Value Electronics invited guests will be pre-registered and issued an all access badge.

Members of HTS can email me at rzohn@valueelectronics.com to be included in our exclusive VIP advance registration.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
, Authorized Factory Direct dealers for LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Elite, Denon, Marantz, Krell, OPPO, Sonance, Definitive Technology, Artison, Leon Speaker Systems & more

Personal equipment:
Video: 2 theaters, Sony's VPL-VW5000ES, 2nd theater, JVC RS66
Family room LG 65" G6 OLED, Gym KRP-500M, Bedroom 65" B6 OLEED, Living room Panasonic 65" VX300
Audio receivers: Pioneer Elite, SC-09; Denon, AVR-7200WA, Marantz SR7011
Pre-pro: Marantz AV8802A w/7&5 ch amps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-02-17, 11:36 AM
HTS Moderator

Lou

My System
Re: 2017 TV Shootout Evaluation event will be in NYC, July 12 and July 13, 2017

It will be fascinating to get feedback from such distinguished professionals. And what a generous offer to an exciting event! I'm assuming there are a limited number of passes available, so I'll try to finalize plans soon. May I ask which models Value Electronics will be entering in the shootout, or is that a surprise?
Robert Zohn likes this.

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #3 of 10 Old 03-02-17, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

Lou, hope you can join us! If you are planning on attending just email me and I'll put you on the VIP list so you will be preregistered with your all access complementary badge ready for p/u at the registration desk.

The event is limited to the flagship models. Here's the preliminary list of contestants:

Sony 65 A1E OLED TV
Sony 65 Z9D LCD/LED
LG 65 W7 or G7 OLED TV
LG 65 SJ9500 LCD/Nano LED
Samsung 65 Q9 LCD/QLED

Not sure if Joel and Kevin will include a Vizio or Hisense or any other 2nd tier brand. I leave it up to them.

This year the professional panel of experts votes will be used to determine the ranking and winner of the evaluation event. I'll suggest we give ballots to all attendees so they can fill them out as the judges are voting and use the information to see how they compare.

Very exciting year for our 2017 TV Shootout!
hristoslav2 likes this.

, Authorized Factory Direct dealers for LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Elite, Denon, Marantz, Krell, OPPO, Sonance, Definitive Technology, Artison, Leon Speaker Systems & more

Personal equipment:
Family room LG 65" G6 OLED, Gym KRP-500M, Bedroom 65" B6 OLEED, Living room Panasonic 65" VX300

post #4 of 10 Old 03-13-17, 05:53 PM
Senior Shackster

Brock

Cant wait to see the results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Robert Zohn likes this.

1x Onkyo TX-SR876(Receiver)
1x Panasonic TH46PZ80U (TV)
1x Polk Audio CSi5 (Center Speaker)
2x Polk Audio RTi12 (Tower Speakers)
2x Polk Audio Rti6 (Surround Speakers)
1x SVS PC-13 Ultra (Subwoofer)
XBox One with 5tB External HDD
Sony Playstation2, Nintendo Gamecube, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo N64, Sega Dreamcast.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-23-17, 04:29 PM
Senior Shackster

Robert

I was just thinking about the Shootout this year and decided to do a search on HTS and there was this thread. Excellent!

Really looking forward to it. Are you going to stream live this year??

Hey, my Samsung JS9500 is getting tired. Looking forward to seeing what lands on top.

Last edited by JimShaw; 03-23-17 at 04:43 PM.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-23-17, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

Yes, I'm looking into several streaming choices for our 2017 TV Shootout. I love the line-up models this year.

Personal equipment:
post #7 of 10 Old 03-23-17, 11:41 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
Robert Zohn wrote: View Post
Yes, I'm looking into several streaming choices for our 2017 TV Shootout. I love the line-up models this year.

So do I

Going to be fun to watch. So much new tech this year
Robert Zohn likes this.
post #8 of 10 Old 06-09-17, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

Here's the first in a series of press releases on the 2017 TV Shootout.

Personal equipment:
post #9 of 10 Old 06-09-17, 10:29 AM
Senior Shackster

Robert

It is going to be interesting to see how well the Vizio P65E1 holds up against such top notch competition

Robert Zohn likes this.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-17-17, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

Nice article in DealerScope magazine with some more information on our 2017 TV Shootout event at CE Week NY.

Personal equipment: