Mitsubishi RPTV? - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 12 Old 04-18-09, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
the colors

Mitsubishi RPTV?

I just bought a 65inch rptv 120hz refresh rate and 3D ready 1080p with DLP. So does anyone have one of these and what do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-20-09, 06:45 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Re: Mitsubishi RPTV?

Moving to Displays Forum...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

post #3 of 12 Old 04-20-09, 09:26 AM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

Quote:
the colors wrote: View Post
I just bought a 65inch rptv 120hz refresh rate and 3D ready 1080p with DLP. So does anyone have one of these and what do you think?
You might want to post the model number. That dsecription could be one of many sets. Also, if you have a specific question or issue, you are more likely to get a good answer if your post and thread title are more targetted.

In general, the Mitsubishi DLP sets are a good value in terms of picture quality and size for the price.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #4 of 12 Old 04-20-09, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
the colors

Thanks for the direction guys. The model # is WD-65737 and I was wondering how the bulb life is aprox. I have been building a movie room for the past 4years, kids keep draining my money.lol
post #5 of 12 Old 04-20-09, 10:33 AM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Are you sure about that model or is it a very new one? I am not aware of it, specifically. Most of the clients for a dealer that I service have typically averaged about 6-7000 hours on Mits RP lamps. I can vary greatly, however, with any lamp based product.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-20-09, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
the colors

Yup that is the correct model# and is a new unit. They made some changes with the lamp problems of past units so I have read,so I hope it lasts a bit. I think my set up will be the smallest here but the construction aspect the largest for what I had to do. The room is aprox 13x13. Love the site for all the ideas!
post #7 of 12 Old 04-20-09, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
the colors

Another question I have is about in wall speakers not high dollar ones but with good sound and a layout. Should I have to enclose them in the wall like a box because the basement walls are off the foundation about a foot so in wall speakers would need to be enclosed? Also could you give a link to a good speaker company that has them,thanks.
post #8 of 12 Old 04-20-09, 10:59 AM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

I service lots of Mitsubishi and work part time for a dealer that sells lots, and I am not aware of any problems with lamps at all. What problems have you heard of and where?

post #9 of 12 Old 04-20-09, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
the colors

When I googled the tv I went to costumer reports and most said of the lamp not on this model but past one,some even saying they are lemons.Well I hope this wont be a problem.
post #10 of 12 Old 08-22-09, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
the colors

Well its been a while and just wanted to say I did not get that tv and now am going after a 55 samsung led set much much better quality.