Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

RCA DLP power light on but no picture or sound

7K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  lcaillo 
#1 ·
I turned my TV on the other day and the power light just stayed on. There was no sound, picture, or even a hint that it was going to do something. It is a RCA HD50LPW62A. I had never had a problem with this set before. But the LED light on the power switch is not blinking or anything. I am at a loss.

#5 ·
http://www.shopjimmy.com/rca
On Samsung DLP TVs after you turn on the power there will be a fairly loud click, that is the ballast that fires the lamp, assuming (big assumption) that RCA works the same ... Are you hearing that loud click?
Again assuming that is the way the RCA works if there is no click the ballast is probably shot.
If you do hear the click but the lamp is not lit the bulb probably burned out.

I am not a TV repair tech so these are just guesses, Googling for Samsung DLP repair procedures gets lots of hits ... Can't hurt to try for the RCA.

#7 ·
These RCAs were a different beast. They had lots of light engine failures and IIRC they would not run at all when the main board could not communicate with the light engine. This made them very hard to troubleshoot, combined with the design, extremely difficult.

#9 ·
No, don't disregard it, just put all of the info together and check it out as much as possible to inform the best guess for how to proceed. We are all just guessing without being there to troubleshoot and without good service data on the set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.