ElitePRO-60X5FD and PRO-70X5FD Discussion Thread - Page 43 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #421 of 2664 Old 09-19-11, 08:00 PM
Elite Shackster

Mr. Rabbit

Retail is a funny thing. There is usually one guy who knows their stuff. You just have to find then.

When I used to work in the store I used to get so annoyed by having to answer more questions from my co-workers then customers. But sure enough once I started working for geek squad they found another AV nut to take my place. Now I have exactly one maybe two people to speak to about issues I run into in the field who can actually help me.

Good luck to you sir.

Last edited by rab-byte; 09-19-11 at 08:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 2664 Old 09-20-11, 12:12 AM
Senior Shackster
Suzook

Re: ElitePRO-60X5FD and PRO-70X5FD Discussion Thread

it is a funny thing but at $8000 they should have a much more well informed group of people. As I was watching some reference material (which was a pain to get them to play it in the first place) several other customers came over and were in awe. I actually did the selling for gods sake. Anyways when the rep came over people were asking how much and of course the 8k hit them in the face. His response, yeah its got good black levels but that's it. If you want the real deal, buy the VT30 here.

ugh its times like these I thank god for shops like VE who can show us all how its supposed to be done !!!!
post #423 of 2664 Old 09-20-11, 12:49 AM
Elite Shackster

Mr. Rabbit

That's the kind of story that makes my blood boil!!! I'm sorry you had such an experience (and I know it's not the only story like that).

I've been working with one of my companion stores here in NOLA trying to get them up to speed about audio and the finer points of system design.

...sorry to hijack thus thread but I just feel very strongly about how my company is reflected.
post #424 of 2664 Old 09-20-11, 01:55 AM
Senior Shackster
Jim

Quote:
aleicgrant wrote: View Post
I had the pleasure of FINALLY seeing this set today at Best Buy. I can CLEARLY see why Robert at VE and others are so excited. Shame that BB hasnt done much to train their people to showcase this set.
....and I just had the mispleasure of viewing a poorly done demo of the Elite. Tried to improve the picture with the remote and it still was way off even in THX mode. Then I tried to view the VT30 and it was even worst. Probably movie mode but it was dark and yellowish. They claimed that they didn't have the remote for the remote for the Panny even though there was the Panasonic displays just outside of the Magnolia part of the store where surely there must have been some Panasonic remotes.

This was at the Magnolia inside the Best Buy in North Atlanta. Unfortunately, this is the only place in 3 states that I have been able to find an Elite display. I'm very tempted to write the people in charge and ask them to do a surprise inspection of that Magnolia to see for themselves how poorly the displays are setup. I can't see why anyone would buy a high end display based on how these sets were setup.

Guess I'll have to look some more for a decent display of the Elite.
post #425 of 2664 Old 09-20-11, 09:11 AM

Quote:
JimP wrote: View Post
....and I just had the mispleasure of viewing a poorly done demo of the Elite...

This was at the Magnolia inside the Best Buy in North Atlanta...

Guess I'll have to look some more for a decent display of the Elite.
Was this the store near Perimeter Mall? I was planning to go there this weekend because they are supposed to be the only place that has both the 60 & 70 on display ?!? I am from Columbus so this is considered a fairly long trek for me just to see a TV. Hope you are talking about a different Magnolia.
post #426 of 2664 Old 09-20-11, 09:39 AM
Senior Shackster
Jim

Tom,

As far as I can tell, this is the only Magnolia in Georgia.

Located inside Best Buy
1201 Hammond Drive
Atlanta, GA 30346
(770) 391-4732

Here is the Magnolia store locator.

http://magnoliaav.com/stores
post #427 of 2664 Old 09-20-11, 12:25 PM
Senior Shackster

John

My System

While attending a wedding on the 9th, I stopped into Frys (the one near Lawrenceville, Ga) hoping to catch a glimpse of the new Elites, but they didn't have one. I guess they not authorized, because they have just about every other display.
That place had to be the biggest electronics store I'd ever been in. Glad they don't have one up here or I'd be bankrupt.

Last edited by dsskid; 09-20-11 at 12:32 PM.
post #428 of 2664 Old 09-20-11, 03:58 PM
Scottyb06

When checking out the display and finding that its current settings are not to your liking, I would recommend resetting the settings via the remote and then making changes that way. It is not uncommon for people (including customers) to 'tweak' the video performance of displays in a bad way. In the few Magnolias that I've visited, the remote was located in the Elite box behind the 70".
post #429 of 2664 Old 09-20-11, 04:22 PM

Thanks JimP

I thought that there was one in Peachtre City, and I have been in that Best Buy store and remember that they had some high end stuff but can't remember for sure if it was a Magnolia. Haven't been able to reach them by phone so my plan was to see the one up by Perimeter Mall. Hate to hear that they don't know what they are doing. I'm planning to give it a try this weekend anyway, cause we will be very close and I just can't pass up the chance !
post #430 of 2664 Old 09-20-11, 06:04 PM
Elite Shackster

Mr. Rabbit

I'm headed to calibrate my store's display now. I'll post results