Intelligent Variable Contrast
RGBY+Y Pixel Color Technology
Precision Color Plus Pixel Technology
Gen-Ten LCD / UV2A Brightness
FluidMotion Smoothness
Full Array LED Backlighting
Local LED Dimming

Kevin Miller's Review.
"The PRO-60X5FD, a full array LED backlit LCD panel with Local Dimming Technology, produces superior blacks to the vaunted reference Pioneer Elite panels, and is definitely one of the best performing most color accurate flat panel displays available today."

This is my 1st post so I'm unable to list any URL's but I just thought I'd post a few pointers to get the conversation going. If you find any new news or professional reviews on this display please post it here. Additionally if you own the Elite or plan on getting one I'd love to here what you have to say, thanks.

CNET Settings:

Below you'll find the settings we found best for viewing the Sharp Elite PRO-60X5FD in a dim room via the HDMI input at 1080p/24 resolution. Your settings may vary depending on source, room conditions, and personal preference. Check out the Picture settings and calibration FAQ for more information.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9996461-1.html

--Picture Settings menu

AV MODE: MOVIE THX
Intelligent Variable Contrast: Local Dimming On
OPC: Off
Backlight: +1
Contrast: +32
Brightness: +1
Color: 0
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

--Advanced sub-menu

C.M.S. -Hue
R: 0
Y: +3
G: +4
C: +2
B: -3
M: +3

C.M.S. -Saturation
R: +3
Y: -2
G: -1
C: +1
B: +1
M: 0

C.M.S. -Value
R: +2
Y: +2
G: 0
C: -12
B: +3
M: -2

Color Temp sub-menu:
Color Temp: Low [grayed out when 10 Point is "On]

[10 Point Setting Off]
R Gain (LO): +1
G Gain (LO): -5
B Gain (LO): -3
R Gain (HI): +2
G Gain (HI): -4
B Gain (HI): -4

[10 Point Setting On]
Position +1: R Gain +2, G Gain 0, B Gain 0
Position +2: R Gain 0, G Gain -4, B Gain -3
Position +3: R Gain 0, G Gain -5, B Gain -5
Position +4: R Gain 0, G Gain -3, B Gain -2
Position +5: R Gain 0, G Gain -4, B Gain -4
Position +6: R Gain 0, G Gain -3, B Gain -5
Position +7: R Gain -2, G Gain -5, B Gain -5
Position +8: R Gain -1, G Gain -6, B Gain -6
Position +9: R Gain 0, G Gain -5, B Gain +5
Position +10: R Gain 0, G Gain 0, B Gain -1

Motion Enhancement: 120Hz Low
Quad Pixel Plus: Off
Active Contrast: Off
Gamma Adjustment: 0
Film Mode: Off
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Monochrome: Off
Range of OPC: [any]

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Radtech51, nice to see you here! I just posted more photos of the new Elite PRO-xxX5FD on our FaceBook page

I now this new TV very well so fire away with any questions.

Enjoy!

-Robert

#3 ·
For anyone wondering, Pioneer licensed the 'Elite' tag to Sharp for high end flat panel displays.

Robert - Welcome to HTS. :T While I've never had contact with you, I've bumped into you over at dbstalk.

#4 ·
Hi mechman, correct ^^. And thanks for the nice welcome to HTS.

And may I add that Pioneer's Kuro pdp and the video processing development engineers and management in Japan worked side-by-side with Sharp's top product engineers to create this new display. The only goal was to build the world's best LCD/LED TV.

-Robert

#5 · (Edited)
Hi Robert! It's so good to see you again my friend, very awesome! I'm super excited about this Elite and I can't Waite to see it in action for myself. I'm sure I will be blown away with the visual quality, from what I've been reading and from what everyone has been posting about this Elite it's the real thing!

I just saw you put up some more pictures nice! :)

#6 ·
Ok so here come some questions buddy.

1. Do you think the RGB+Y really works well in these new Elite's? I know Pioneer helped work with Sharp to make that technology work specifically with the new Elite's. Do you notice it brings out the yellow and gold tones more in the picture? And do you think this will be a new game changer to the industry in picture quality because of it?

2. I been reading some posts about the glare on these new Elite's, do you think it's anything to be concerned about beyond the current displays out there right now? People do love to exaggerate things I know and any minor false found is blown way out of proportion especially in this case.

3. Can you tell us buddy how the Elite stands out in your store among the other displays next to it?

4. Have you wall mounted your PRO-705XFD yet? ;p

#7 ·
Radtech51, all good questions. I have not liked the fourth yellow pixel in the past, but I believe it has been redesigned so we'll know more when we test and evaluate the TV at out shoot-out. Also the yellow pixel can be by-passed in the THX and ISF day and ISF night modes.

All LCD panels have had glossy screens since 2009. So unfortunately, one of the advantages of LCD over plasma is no longer in their favor. Reflection is an issue with all pdp and LCD screens and this year's Elite is no worse or better than most other panels.

I would like to wait for the shoot-out to answer the image quality differences among all of the TVs we have set-up for the shoot-out. Their are so many pq attributes that it would be difficult to give you a simple answer on your very important question.

Yes, our 70" Elite is wall mounted and is so beautiful on the wall that everyone who visits our store is in shock and awe.

-Robert

#8 ·
Hey Radtech51 thanks for the link that led me here ! I talked myself in and out of this set so many times already it's not funny. I need to keep getting all the info I can. Looks like this is the place to get it.

Robert, great seeing you here! Did you know there's a manhunt going on, on another site ? Seems there's quite a few people looking for you!!!! lol

#10 ·
Sure thing! It's great to have you here buddy, so when is your Elite set to arrive? :)

#9 ·
Thanks for that information my friend! I just can't Waite to finally see this beauty in person for the first time. I just had a few more questions so here they go.

1. Allot of people are asking about the response time for video gaming. Have you had a chance to try out a Playstation, X-Box or Computer gaming on the new Elite to see how it works out? I'd be curious myself to see how it works as a computer monitor, so any feedback on this or any numbers you could get would be great.

2. You mintioned the Yellow pixel can be by-passed in THX ISF-Day and Night modes. Did Kevin M. disable the Yellow sub-pixel when he calibrated the Elite?

3. While in your store on display which picture mode do you have it set to? Please not Torch mode like Magnolia Video does lol. Oh and do you find most people when they enter your store run straight for the Elite? :)

#11 ·
I have the wife about 80% sold . I am and have been looking at a November time frame from the get go. I have been a day one buyer many times already, on items such as BD, HD DVD, 3D, and 70 inch LED LCD. This time I just want to sit back just a little bit. When your'e talking this much money, I want to make sure it's all it's says it is.

#15 ·
Hi! Welcome abord more the better, it's my hope that others will join us as well. My delivery date is set for Sept 8th. and each day feels like an eternity. Lol

#17 ·
Thanks Rad for the pointer to HTS. Glad to see some familiar names here :)

Robert, thanks much for posting additional photos on your Facebook. Could you also take some pictures of the 3D glasses included? I've seen the illustrations in the Owner's Manual but I'm wondering what they look like IRL.

Thanks!

#19 ·
I was wondering why CNET makes no reference to the Elite? I know Chad said he's looking forward to getting his hands on one though. :)

#20 ·
Thanks davisd, Radtech51, PARDON ME, rockaway1836, and Chris for joining HTS! Great to see you all here.

-Robert

#23 ·
Howdy JClam and Hi Resolution, thanks for joining me here. Welcome to HTS!

-Robert

#25 ·
Yes, ^^ and a great suite of Internet applications.

I have all of the spec's on my home page and a link to the .pdf data sheet and the new Elite web site.

-Robert

#27 ·
Thank you so much for info fellas! I am new to this A/V thing and am curious about this new tv since I have read such great things about the pioneer's. So do you guys think it wise to buy into the first of these new sharp elite's to come out, or would it be wise to wait a couple years until they have the bugs worked out?

#37 · (Edited)
I pre-ordered my PRO-705XFD as soon as Magnolia Video would let me. :) But that's just me, there is certainly nothing wrong with waiting if you don't need the Elite right away and wish to waite. Now as far as waiting a couple of years before you select a Tv there might be a problem with that since there is literally a new line-up of TV's each year, and this is a very fast moving and competitive industry to boot. So as a result you might be trapped into the I'll Waite until this better version comes out etc, etc, etc. It's an endless waiting trap for the better Tv.
So end result is if you have the money and are ready for a new top notch TV that will likely be crowned the best display dispaly of 2011! Then the decision to go with the Elite becomes an easy one, hope this helps you some. :sn:

#39 ·
:eek:lddude: Ok so this might be off-topic but it was good news for Sharp so I couldn't resist posting it. This will undoubtably help Sharp's cash flow anyway. And who knows this might even open up some new opportunities for our new Elite's, maybe a new widget at least? :ponder:

Apple again rumored to invest $1B in Sharp plant for iPhone, iPad LCDs.

A rumor that Apple is planning to invest $1 billion in a new Sharp factory for building screens for its iPhone and iPad products has resurfaced, just days after a separate report claimed that the next-generation iPad has been delayed in part because of production constraints from the supplier.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...t_1b_in_sharp_plant_for_iphone_ipad_lcds.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.