Toshiba 65UL610U - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 83 Old 09-14-11, 07:19 PM
Shackster

Re: Toshiba 65UL610U

mechman,

Thank you!
post #13 of 83 Old 09-14-11, 08:10 PM
Shackster
Matt Marceau

This is looking to be the local dimming shootout of the ages!

I can't imagine there will be 512 dimming zones, as was the case with the ZL1, but seeing how well the Elite has performed, that may not be necessary.

This set could be the dark horse of the shootout.
post #14 of 83 Old 09-14-11, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

Don't blame me for the larger # of LCD/LED full array back-lit displays vs. the amount of pdps. I just get all of the flagship flat panels that are worthy of making the cut to be included in our annual shoot-out event.

Looks like we'll have 4 pdps and 5 LCD/LED back-lit displays participating in the shoot-out evaluation. I only consider the flagship models that pass a rigid pre-shoot-out evaluation and this year we have more panel than any other year.

It is what it is and I must tell you I am a true plasma-head, but this is the very first time I actually like some of the LCDs.

Enjoy!

-Robert

Value Electronics, Authorized Factory Direct dealers for LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Elite, Denon, Marantz, Krell, OPPO, Sonance, Definitive Technology, Artison, Leon Speaker Systems & more

Personal equipment:
Video: 2 theaters, Sony's VPL-VW5000ES, 2nd theater, JVC RS66
Family room LG 65" G6 OLED, Gym KRP-500M, Bedroom 65" B6 OLEED, Living room Panasonic 65" VX300
Audio receivers: Pioneer Elite, SC-09; Denon, AVR-7200WA, Marantz SR7011
Pre-pro: Marantz AV8802A w/7&5 ch amps
post #15 of 83 Old 09-14-11, 08:49 PM
Shackster
Matt Marceau

Actually, what I meant was, I'm more excited than ever for the shootout because of this. I think the picture performance of these displays will be the best it's ever been this year. I'm surprised that Samsung is the only company not going with a local dimming flagship.

It'll be good to know who is top of the line in lcd. This is the direction the market is heading and we're lucky to have one place where enthusiasts can see what the top of the line displays can really do!
post #16 of 83 Old 09-15-11, 09:29 AM
Senior Shackster

Hi guys,

Yeah, I'm with gmarceau on this: the shootout is looking better and better on account of all these last-minute arrivals. It's always a more interesting event when we see more fierce competition in it.

Bama29, thanks much for that very informative link on the Cevo; so long as the local dimming hardware and software are good, I'll predict we can expect good things from Toshiba this time around.

Yours,

David
post #17 of 83 Old 09-15-11, 12:39 PM
Shackster

Hey David,

You are welcome. The more I read about this years sets the more excited I get.

Michael
post #18 of 83 Old 09-16-11, 09:55 AM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
Bama29 wrote: View Post
Hey David,

You are welcome. The more I read about this years sets the more excited I get.

Michael
Yeah, I was bitterly disappointed last year when Toshiba's Cell TV was canceled for North America. Japan got this awesome TV that had many hearts a-flutter, and we never even got to see one in action. My fingers are crossed for this year.

Yours,

David
post #19 of 83 Old 09-22-11, 04:14 PM
Shackster

Quote:
Robert Zohn wrote: View Post
This new 2011 mid-year introduction looks very interesting. With Toshiba’s very powerful proprietary CEVO integrated video processing and 480Hz frame rate the specs on this new display make it eligible to be entered into our flat panel HDTV shoot-out.

So we'll compare and evaluate this new entry against the world's best displays on 10/8/11 at our shoot-out event.

I'll put up the .pdf data sheet on my site by tomorrow morning.

-Robert

Hey Robert, I just looked at toshibas website and this television is not on it, in any of the 3 sizes of the television, And i was just over at the avs forums and theres a person over there claiming, and i quote

"Ok so like i said i found it odd that this tv was pulled from toshibas website a few months ago before this television was ever released and now they are showing up for sale.. and according to toshiba this is not bein manufactured for the usa at this time..

So i called connss retail store and they said that this tv had been discontinued and they bought the majority of thee remaining inventory for this television from toshiba to sell.."

So Robert i was wondering if you can give us any info on this statement as i was interested in the 55 inch version of this television

Thanks
post #20 of 83 Old 09-22-11, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

PARDON ME, here's the scoop.... Yes Toshiba is selling this mid-year 2011 intro TV. The UL610U is Toshiba's flagship series. Toshiba starting shipping all sizes on August 20th and it will stay in the line for at least one year till the successor comes out. The older inventory may not have all of the upgraded hardware so be sure to get inventory that was built in August.

This beautiful TV is scheduled to be in our shoot-out event. I'll put the official USA .pdf data sheet on my web site in a few hours.

I should be able to answer any technical questions on this TV as I am good friends with many Toshiba folks in the know. So fire away, but first ask the members of the other sites to join HTS so they can speak with me directly.

-Robert

Value Electronics, Authorized Factory Direct dealers for LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Elite, Denon, Marantz, Krell, OPPO, Sonance, Definitive Technology, Artison, Leon Speaker Systems & more

Personal equipment:
Video: 2 theaters, Sony's VPL-VW5000ES, 2nd theater, JVC RS66
Family room LG 65" G6 OLED, Gym KRP-500M, Bedroom 65" B6 OLEED, Living room Panasonic 65" VX300
Audio receivers: Pioneer Elite, SC-09; Denon, AVR-7200WA, Marantz SR7011
Pre-pro: Marantz AV8802A w/7&5 ch amps