Toshiba 65UL610U - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
Home Theater Shack Forums
OPPO Digital - Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer Chane Music & Cinema Madisound Parts Express: Excellent Source for DIY Speaker and Subwoofer Projects! Musicians Friend: Your one stop shop for microphones, mic amps and Behringer products. Value Electronics: A trusted retailer and custom installer that specializes in whole-house audio, home theater, Plasma, LCD, LED, HDTVs, Blu-ray and more. Genelec: Active Speakers and Speaker Systems Audio General, Inc.: Great deals on projectors, screens and electronics. Underwood HiFi - Excellent discounts on some awesome name brands. Power Sound Audio designs, develops, and assembles high quality loudspeakers and subwoofers for home theater environments. Visual Apex: The most competitive pricing for home theater projectors... and built on customer satisfaction! SVSound Newegg: The perfect solution for all your HTPC and media server build needs! Creative Sound Solutions: Loudspeaker kits and components for subwoofers, midwoofers, woofers and full range speakers! XTZ Sound Marantz Standout Design

Like Us on facebookREW
Go Back   Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com > Home Theater - Audio / Video > HDTV | Video Displays | Processors
Forgot Password?
Donations Reviews Vendors

Reply     Post New Thread
Views: 11260 - Replies: 82  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-11, 07:19 PM   #12
Shackster

Since: Sep 2011
SE Alabama, USA
Re: Toshiba 65UL610U

mechman,

Thank you!

Forum Rules Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-11, 08:10 PM   #13
Shackster

Matt Marceau
New York, NY

This is looking to be the local dimming shootout of the ages!

I can't imagine there will be 512 dimming zones, as was the case with the ZL1, but seeing how well the Elite has performed, that may not be necessary.

This set could be the dark horse of the shootout.

Old 09-14-11, 08:19 PM   #14
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider
Since: Aug 2011
Scarsdale, NY
I started this thread.

Don't blame me for the larger # of LCD/LED full array back-lit displays vs. the amount of pdps. I just get all of the flagship flat panels that are worthy of making the cut to be included in our annual shoot-out event.

Looks like we'll have 4 pdps and 5 LCD/LED back-lit displays participating in the shoot-out evaluation. I only consider the flagship models that pass a rigid pre-shoot-out evaluation and this year we have more panel than any other year.

It is what it is and I must tell you I am a true plasma-head, but this is the very first time I actually like some of the LCDs.

Enjoy!

-Robert

Value Electronics, Authorized and Factory Direct dealers for LG, Samsung, Sony, Sharp, Pioneer, Elite, Denon, Marantz, Definitive Technology, Artison and Leon Speaker Systems & more

Personal home theater equipment list:
Video: 2 theaters, Multi format theater Sony's VPL-VW600ES, 2nd theater, JVC RS66
Family room Samsung 64" F8500, Gym KRP-500M, Bedroom TC-P65VT60, Living room 65" VX300
Audio receivers: 2 Pioneer Elites, SC-79, SC-09; Denon, AVR-4520, Marantz SR7008
Pre-pro: Marantz AV8801

Old 09-14-11, 08:49 PM   #15
Shackster

Matt Marceau
New York, NY

Actually, what I meant was, I'm more excited than ever for the shootout because of this. I think the picture performance of these displays will be the best it's ever been this year. I'm surprised that Samsung is the only company not going with a local dimming flagship.

It'll be good to know who is top of the line in lcd. This is the direction the market is heading and we're lucky to have one place where enthusiasts can see what the top of the line displays can really do!

Old 09-15-11, 09:29 AM   #16
Senior Shackster

Since: Jan 2011

Hi guys,

Yeah, I'm with gmarceau on this: the shootout is looking better and better on account of all these last-minute arrivals. It's always a more interesting event when we see more fierce competition in it.

Bama29, thanks much for that very informative link on the Cevo; so long as the local dimming hardware and software are good, I'll predict we can expect good things from Toshiba this time around.

Yours,

David

Old 09-15-11, 12:39 PM   #17
Shackster

SE Alabama, USA

Hey David,

You are welcome. The more I read about this years sets the more excited I get.

Michael

Old 09-16-11, 09:55 AM   #18
Senior Shackster

Since: Jan 2011

Quote:
Bama29 wrote: View Post
Hey David,

You are welcome. The more I read about this years sets the more excited I get.

Michael
Yeah, I was bitterly disappointed last year when Toshiba's Cell TV was canceled for North America. Japan got this awesome TV that had many hearts a-flutter, and we never even got to see one in action. My fingers are crossed for this year.

Yours,

David

Old 09-22-11, 04:14 PM   #19
Shackster

Quote:
Robert Zohn wrote: View Post
This new 2011 mid-year introduction looks very interesting. With Toshiba’s very powerful proprietary CEVO integrated video processing and 480Hz frame rate the specs on this new display make it eligible to be entered into our flat panel HDTV shoot-out.

So we'll compare and evaluate this new entry against the world's best displays on 10/8/11 at our shoot-out event.

I'll put up the .pdf data sheet on my site by tomorrow morning.

-Robert

Hey Robert, I just looked at toshibas website and this television is not on it, in any of the 3 sizes of the television, And i was just over at the avs forums and theres a person over there claiming, and i quote

"Ok so like i said i found it odd that this tv was pulled from toshibas website a few months ago before this television was ever released and now they are showing up for sale.. and according to toshiba this is not bein manufactured for the usa at this time..

So i called connss retail store and they said that this tv had been discontinued and they bought the majority of thee remaining inventory for this television from toshiba to sell.."

So Robert i was wondering if you can give us any info on this statement as i was interested in the 55 inch version of this television

Thanks

Old 09-22-11, 04:42 PM   #20
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider
Scarsdale, NY
I started this thread.

PARDON ME, here's the scoop.... Yes Toshiba is selling this mid-year 2011 intro TV. The UL610U is Toshiba's flagship series. Toshiba starting shipping all sizes on August 20th and it will stay in the line for at least one year till the successor comes out. The older inventory may not have all of the upgraded hardware so be sure to get inventory that was built in August.

This beautiful TV is scheduled to be in our shoot-out event. I'll put the official USA .pdf data sheet on my web site in a few hours.

I should be able to answer any technical questions on this TV as I am good friends with many Toshiba folks in the know. So fire away, but first ask the members of the other sites to join HTS so they can speak with me directly.

-Robert

Value Electronics, Authorized and Factory Direct dealers for LG, Samsung, Sony, Sharp, Pioneer, Elite, Denon, Marantz, Definitive Technology, Artison and Leon Speaker Systems & more

Personal home theater equipment list:
Video: 2 theaters, Multi format theater Sony's VPL-VW600ES, 2nd theater, JVC RS66
Family room Samsung 64" F8500, Gym KRP-500M, Bedroom TC-P65VT60, Living room 65" VX300
Audio receivers: 2 Pioneer Elites, SC-79, SC-09; Denon, AVR-4520, Marantz SR7008
Pre-pro: Marantz AV8801

Reply     Post New Thread     Back to Top of Page

Musicians Friend: Your one stop shop for microphones, mic amps and Behringer products.   Cmple   Monoprice Electronics   Amazon   Velodyne Check out the Woot product for today!

Onkyo   GIK Acoustics: Home audio acoustics at its best... especially when you have help from the owners right here at the Shack!  Check out their very affordable acoustic panels!   Nyrius   Aperion Audio   Axiom Audio  Parts Express: Excellent Source for DIY Speaker and Subwoofer Projects!

« Home Theater Shack > Home Theater - Audio / Video > HDTV | Video Displays | Processors »

« Previous Thread   Next Thread »