Will the screen size of 10 inches make a difference? - Page 7 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #61 of 105 Old 11-14-11, 12:29 PM
Senior Shackster
Kalani

My System
Re: Will 10 Inches Make a Difference?

Quote:
Osage_Winter wrote: View Post
Well, there are always the 70 and 80" Sharp LCDs, plus the 85" Panasonic plasmas I was just told about, which retail for about 16 grand or something like that...as well as the 73-92" Mitsubishi DLP rear projection sets...unless you were just talking about plasma/LCD...
Just talking about Plasma/LCD.

The 70" and 80" Sharp LCDs (non-Elite) are decidedly lower end models, and were never in the running for me.

The 85" Panny plasma would be great, but I'd rather have a new car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 105 Old 11-14-11, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Banned!

Re: Will 10 Inches Make a Difference?

Quote:
KalaniP wrote: View Post
Just talking about Plasma/LCD.

The 70" and 80" Sharp LCDs (non-Elite) are decidedly lower end models, and were never in the running for me.
I've heard nothing but great things about the Sharps from actual owners who have just set them up; in fact, one guy who used to run a 70" SXRD said he cannot believe the step up in performance and image quality he got by going with the 70" Sharp...

I am almost positive he bought the non-Elite as well...

Quote:
The 85" Panny plasma would be great, but I'd rather have a new car.
Yeah, no kidding...

What about that 20,000 dollar Sony LCD? What is it they're smoking over there?
post #63 of 105 Old 09-01-12, 04:16 AM
Senior Shackster

I have a 70" sharp and I love it! The picture quality is amazin! I can't stop raving about this tv! My friend has a 65" and he notices the difference in size!
post #64 of 105 Old 09-05-12, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Banned!

Re: Will the screen size of 10 inches make a difference?

Quote:
bxbigpipi wrote: View Post
I have a 70" sharp and I love it! The picture quality is amazin! I can't stop raving about this tv! My friend has a 65" and he notices the difference in size!
Hey again bxb...

Thanks for your feedback; I was looking at the 80" Sharp at Fry's on Labor Day when I went to pick up a couple of Infinity Primus towers for my two channel system (on sale for $99 a piece -- couldn't pass it up) and it was a monster; they had it on display on a fake wall with two rows of seating, but the salesman said it was a blowout model that didn't have the Quattron technology in it, so it was on a massive sale.

I just don't think we can swing that 80" screen in our living room...

Do you think I will definitely notice a difference going from the 50" rear projection set I have now to the 70" Sharp? Do you think that will be "enough" to satisfy at 12 feet?
post #65 of 105 Old 09-05-12, 08:33 PM
Senior Shackster

Hey Osage I definitely think you will notice the difference in size!! I've heard quite a few owners love their 80 inch. They say once they get it home and adjust it to their liking it's amazing!! I think you should go for it if you can and let us know what you think.
post #66 of 105 Old 09-05-12, 08:34 PM
Senior Shackster

Sorry 70"
post #67 of 105 Old 09-05-12, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Banned!

Thanks for your opinion.
post #68 of 105 Old 09-05-12, 10:23 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

My System

Bigger is always better as long as you have a HD signal. Once you go big there is no going back!

tia,
Ron

My Home Theater
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360A/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (2) Intel NUCs, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Panamorph UH-480 Anamorphic lens, (2) Crest Audio 2208, Yamaha XM-4080, Yamaha P7000s, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88.
My Go Big or Go Home Theater Construction Thread
post #69 of 105 Old 09-06-12, 12:17 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Quote:
Osage_Winter wrote: View Post
Hey again bxb...

Do you think I will definitely notice a difference going from the 50" rear projection set I have now to the 70" Sharp? Do you think that will be "enough" to satisfy at 12 feet?

Why not just upgrade to a 100" screen for your projector......a lot larger than 80" TV and less expensive upgrade.
post #70 of 105 Old 09-06-12, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Banned!

Quote:
ellisr63 wrote: View Post
Bigger is always better as long as you have a HD signal. Once you go big there is no going back!
I realize that, but I'm specifically concerned with seeing a difference between 50 and 70 inches.