Will the screen size of 10 inches make a difference? - Page 7 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
Home Theater Shack Forums
Audio General, Inc.: Great deals on projectors, screens and electronics. Underwood HiFi - Excellent discounts on some awesome name brands. Power Sound Audio designs, develops, and assembles high quality loudspeakers and subwoofers for home theater environments. Visual Apex: The most competitive pricing for home theater projectors... and built on customer satisfaction! SVSound Creative Sound Solutions: Loudspeaker kits and components for subwoofers, midwoofers, woofers and full range speakers! XTZ Sound Marantz Standout Design OPPO Digital - Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer Chane Music & Cinema Madisound Value Electronics: A trusted retailer and custom installer that specializes in whole-house audio, home theater, Plasma, LCD, LED, HDTVs, Blu-ray and more. Genelec: Active Speakers and Speaker Systems

Like Us on facebookREW
Go Back   Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com > Home Theater - Audio / Video > HDTV | Video Displays | Processors
Forgot Password?
Donations Reviews Vendors

Reply     Post New Thread
Views: 6965 - Replies: 104  
Old 11-14-11, 12:29 PM   #61
Senior Shackster

Kalani
Since: Dec 2008
Studio City, CA, USA
My System
Re: Will 10 Inches Make a Difference?

Quote:
Osage_Winter wrote: View Post
Well, there are always the 70 and 80" Sharp LCDs, plus the 85" Panasonic plasmas I was just told about, which retail for about 16 grand or something like that...as well as the 73-92" Mitsubishi DLP rear projection sets...unless you were just talking about plasma/LCD...
Just talking about Plasma/LCD.

The 70" and 80" Sharp LCDs (non-Elite) are decidedly lower end models, and were never in the running for me.

The 85" Panny plasma would be great, but I'd rather have a new car.

Forum Rules Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-11, 04:42 PM   #62
Banned!

Since: Apr 2010
I started this thread.
Re: Will 10 Inches Make a Difference?

Quote:
KalaniP wrote: View Post
Just talking about Plasma/LCD.

The 70" and 80" Sharp LCDs (non-Elite) are decidedly lower end models, and were never in the running for me.
I've heard nothing but great things about the Sharps from actual owners who have just set them up; in fact, one guy who used to run a 70" SXRD said he cannot believe the step up in performance and image quality he got by going with the 70" Sharp...

I am almost positive he bought the non-Elite as well...

Quote:
The 85" Panny plasma would be great, but I'd rather have a new car.
Yeah, no kidding...

What about that 20,000 dollar Sony LCD? What is it they're smoking over there?

Old 09-01-12, 04:16 AM   #63
Senior Shackster

Since: Feb 2012

I have a 70" sharp and I love it! The picture quality is amazin! I can't stop raving about this tv! My friend has a 65" and he notices the difference in size!

Old 09-05-12, 06:47 PM   #64
Banned!

I started this thread.
Re: Will the screen size of 10 inches make a difference?

Quote:
bxbigpipi wrote: View Post
I have a 70" sharp and I love it! The picture quality is amazin! I can't stop raving about this tv! My friend has a 65" and he notices the difference in size!
Hey again bxb...

Thanks for your feedback; I was looking at the 80" Sharp at Fry's on Labor Day when I went to pick up a couple of Infinity Primus towers for my two channel system (on sale for $99 a piece -- couldn't pass it up) and it was a monster; they had it on display on a fake wall with two rows of seating, but the salesman said it was a blowout model that didn't have the Quattron technology in it, so it was on a massive sale.

I just don't think we can swing that 80" screen in our living room...

Do you think I will definitely notice a difference going from the 50" rear projection set I have now to the 70" Sharp? Do you think that will be "enough" to satisfy at 12 feet?

Old 09-05-12, 08:33 PM   #65
Senior Shackster

Hey Osage I definitely think you will notice the difference in size!! I've heard quite a few owners love their 80 inch. They say once they get it home and adjust it to their liking it's amazing!! I think you should go for it if you can and let us know what you think.

Old 09-05-12, 08:34 PM   #66
Senior Shackster

Sorry 70"

Old 09-05-12, 08:53 PM   #67
Banned!

I started this thread.

Thanks for your opinion.

Old 09-05-12, 10:23 PM   #68
HTS Moderator

In the Home Theater
My System

Bigger is always better as long as you have a HD signal. Once you go big there is no going back!

tia,
Ron

My Home Theater
3 JBL 2360 horns with EV DH1A drivers, and 1/4 pie bass bins, 4 Klipsch Heresy Industrial HIPs, 2 Klipsch KP3002s, 2 Danley SUPER SPUD subs, Yamaha P7000S, Denon 4520, Panasonic AE8000, and a Seymour AT 195" diagonal Scope screen.
My Go Big or Go Home Theater Construction Thread

FS:Jamestown 134" screen http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...tml#post889081

Old 09-06-12, 12:17 PM   #69
Senior Shackster
Gold Supporter

Since: Mar 2012
Auburn, WA
My System

Quote:
Osage_Winter wrote: View Post
Hey again bxb...

Do you think I will definitely notice a difference going from the 50" rear projection set I have now to the 70" Sharp? Do you think that will be "enough" to satisfy at 12 feet?

Why not just upgrade to a 100" screen for your projector......a lot larger than 80" TV and less expensive upgrade.

Old 09-06-12, 06:03 PM   #70
Banned!

I started this thread.

Quote:
ellisr63 wrote: View Post
Bigger is always better as long as you have a HD signal. Once you go big there is no going back!
I realize that, but I'm specifically concerned with seeing a difference between 50 and 70 inches.

Reply     Post New Thread     Back to Top of Page

Musicians Friend: Your one stop shop for microphones, mic amps and Behringer products.   Cmple   Monoprice Electronics   Amazon   Velodyne Check out the Woot product for today!

Onkyo   GIK Acoustics: Home audio acoustics at its best... especially when you have help from the owners right here at the Shack!  Check out their very affordable acoustic panels!   Nyrius   Aperion Audio   Axiom Audio  Parts Express: Excellent Source for DIY Speaker and Subwoofer Projects!

« Home Theater Shack > Home Theater - Audio / Video > HDTV | Video Displays | Processors »

« Previous Thread   Next Thread »