Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Time To Decide ...

Tags
decide time
1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  patroadrunner 
#1 ·
Well I just have gotten the green lite to buy a tv for our bedroom from the wife ! I want to buy a 42/43 inch thing is I love plasmas and she wants wi fi ready but money's kinda tight for us as we all are feeling the pinch I like the 43 ss but it's not wi fi anyone have any suggestions they will be greatly appreciated ! Thanks , Pat .

#5 ·
Hello,
LCD's have come a long way. However, the only LCD's that impress me are those with full LED Backlighting (full array) with Local Dimming. Unfortunately, these are by far the most expensive. I honestly prefer CCFL Backlighting to Edge LED Backlighting due to uniformity issues with Edge LED's.

If on a budget, I truly do think Plasmas are where its at. Best Buy has an outstanding deal on the Panasonic TC-P50UT50 which is bundles with a free 250gb Xbox 360 for $899. This is a 50 inch Plasma with 3D and even offers Viera Link and you can easily sell the Xbox to offset the purchase price of the TV.
Cheers,
JJ

#6 ·
I can vouch for Panasonic plasmas, especially the 2012 models. I bought an ST50 model and it is amazing. The UT is one level down but I've still seen some pretty good reviews for it.

#7 ·
Well went to pc rich looked around saw the Sammy 43e450 and the panny tcp52x5 both nice and in my budget and I only really have 45 inch wall to play with or else I have to reconfigure bedroom which can be done which I'm considering also see that the e450 comes in a 51 inch.... Ugh more deciding!!!! But no wifi ....

#9 ·
If you can purchase it today, Best Buy has a killer deal on the Panasonic TC-P50UT50 for $849 and comes with a free 250gb Xbox 360. This is the more expensive Xbox model and you can easily sell it to offset the price. Also, the UT50 just needs the optional WiFi Dongle and you are all set for WiFi. Only the VT/GT/ST Models come with WiFi out of the box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.