Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Value Electronics' 9th annual Shootout event

36K views 164 replies 31 participants last post by  B- one 
#1 ·
Our 2013 Flat Panel HDTV Shootout evaluation event will be held in our new store at 35 Popham Rd, Scarsdale, NY as follows:

Day one, 6:00 PM EST, Friday, May 10th and Day two, 6:00 PM EST, Saturday, May 11th 2013.

We'll have up to 70 individuals attending and participating so if you are interested please send me an email with the subject "can I have a seat at VE's 2013 Shootout." The event will also be webcast live in HD and moderated by our staff. Select questions and comments will be passed to our panel of experts for reply.

Our Shootout has proven to be a ‘must attend’ event among true HD enthusiasts and industry leaders, and this year the Shootout has continued to gain in popularity so you can expect to see many of the top industry VIPs participating. With the great advancements of LED and PDP technologies, this will be a great year for flat panel displays.

Many big announcements and surprises are planned so if you are not attending in person be sure to mark your calendar so you can participate online with our HD webcast.

Enjoy!

-Robert

See less See more
#36 ·
Re: Value Electronics 9th annual Shootout event

lgroveman, as of this moment Sonys 4k UHD XBR-65X900A will be included. We have not made a final decision if the participants will be permitted to vote on any of the UDH models, but they will be there for reference.

-Robert

#37 ·
Re: Value Electronics 9th annual Shootout event

I just listed the displays that will be competing in our Flat Panel Shootout. Take a look.

-Robert

#40 ·
We just launched our Youtube trailer for the upcoming Flat Panel Shootout.

Take a look. And if you like what you see sign up to attend and help us choose the 2013 "King of HDTV"

Enjoy!

-Robert

#41 ·
Just curious, I don't see any Sharp products listed in the shootout. Did they not make the cut?

#42 ·
Sorry some things can't be disclosed at this time. Wait for the Flat Panel Shootout announcement.

-Robert

#43 ·
Thanks for the update Robert. Will wait for the shootout to see who wins! :)

#45 ·
Well with just 7 days to the Flat Panel evaluation we just received our two 65" ZT60s this afternoon. I actually met the plane from Tijuana Mexico on the JFK tarmac to load the precious cargo into our waiting company van.

Of course, I immediately started the break-in slides so we can have as many hours on these displays as possible before our panel of expert calibrators do their magic.

http://tc-p65zt60.com/images/albums/NewAlbum_62fe7/tn_1200_389da36e866c3e4e12102417b333db87.JPG.png

http://tc-p65zt60.com/images/albums/NewAlbum_62fe7/tn_1200_389da36e866c3e4e12102417b333db87.JPG.png

http://tc-p65zt60.com/images/albums/NewAlbum_62fe7/tn_1200_de88a183cdf5823088c328953020b327.JPG.png

Let the games begin...

-Robert

#46 ·
Well with just 7 days to the Flat Panel evaluation we just received our two 65" ZT60s this afternoon. I actually met the plane from Tijuana Mexico on the JFK tarmac to load the precious cargo into our waiting company van.

Of course, I immediately started the break-in slides so we can have as many hours on these displays as possible before our panel of expert calibrators do their magic.

http://tc-p65zt60.com/images/albums/NewAlbum_62fe7/tn_1200_de88a183cdf5823088c328953020b327.JPG.png

Let the games begin...

-Robert
Looking forward to it, when is Kevin calibrating the panel?

#47 ·
All of the Shootout panels will be calibrated by D-Nice, David Mackenzie, Ed Johnson and Kevin Miller. It's a group effort to be sure we get the best possible calibration possible.

D-Nice is the lead calibrator on the VT60 and ZT60. We're calibrating the ZT60 last so it gets as many hours on it as possible.

-Robert

#49 ·
Bring your Amex. :)

-Robert

#53 ·
Correct gents, I always recommend Amex or Gold VISA cards as you get an additional 1 year warranty.

With Samsung when you buy from an authorized dealer and register online at www.samsung.com you get an additional 3 months warranty so you end up with 2 years 3 months in-home warranty on all parts and labor at no charge!

-Robert

#54 ·
David Mackenzie arrived and just took this picture in our store.

-Robert

#58 ·
Thanks for the info. :)

Yes, we're including Sony's XBR-65X900A 4k HDTV in our 2013 Flat Panel HDTV Shootout evaluation.

You can tune into our live HD webcast at 6pm EST here.

-Robert
Thanks for answering. I read that about the XBR, that'll be interesting. Sorry, I should have been more clear, I was wondering about the W900A and if it was still coming out. The reply above answers my question...Unless you happen to know more about it? :sn:

I've been scared to death that the XBR8 I have will develop the black/vertical line problem I've seen posted all over the avsforum owner's thread.

#59 ·
Twice magazine and Dealerscope cover our Flat Panel HDTV Shootout evaluation and the editors are attending the event.

Good reading!

-Robert

#60 ·
#63 ·
Isn't this the discussion thread for the shootout?

Getting excited about the shootout. This seems to be a banner year for HDTVs with great reviews of the Panny and Sammy plasmas coming out very recently, including by David MacKenzie who will be at the shootout. David also reviewed the Samsung F8000 LED-LCD and it seems to be a terrific TV also. I will be watching as much as possible tonight, and attending tomorrow.

I can't wait to see what the final mystery TV is - could Robert have gotten one of the OLED panels from LG or Samsung? They have been promising them since last year, and I understand they finally starting selling a few in Korea - maybe Robert is the first in the US to get one????? Or could it be a new announcement of the next Elite model by Sharp? Are they out of that business or are they coming out with a new model two years after they had such fanfare for their first model Elites? Oh wait, I bet it is one of the W900 series LED-LCD from Sony - their top of the line 1080p TV - would be a great comparison to the X900A Ultra HD. Oh, the anticipation. Only a few more hours.

#65 ·
I am interested in seeing how one of these do..

Sony XBR-65X900A

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
Panasonic TC-P65VT60

Samsung PN64F8500
Samsung UN60F8000

Can't wait to see how they perform head to head. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.