Something awesome just happened!!!! - Home Theater Forum and Systems -

post #1 of 14 Old 08-19-13, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
My System
Something awesome just happened!!!!

So about 10 weeks ago my 55" Panasonic st50 started to develop some type of coloration problems. It had some green hues that seemed to emanate from the sides of the screen towards the center. I put in a phone call to Panasonic and tv was thankfully still under warranty. A licensed dealer from a company came and picked up the tv and left me with a loaner which was awful! It was hard to put up with for a movie let alone several weeks! I ended up bringing my tv out of my bedroom and putting the loaner in the bedroom just so i could have a decent set to watch again with my system. Good thing was that as long as the repair shop had my tv in their possession Panasonic would have to cover it even though the warranty was going to expire in 2 weeks from the time the problem started.

I never mentioned my tv having an issue on the this site cause I was not sure how everything would transpire so I just kept quiet about it until the problem was resolved. After 10 weeks of not having a tv worth watching and numerous phone calls to the repair shop, who was simply waiting on Panasonic to find out what to do, I was called last week and told they are giving me a brand new tv. Cool! So I get called today and they say the tv came in finally and if I would be home in an hour to accept delivery and get it all setup. "Of course!" So when the guy arrives with the tv I notice its not the exact same tv. The repair guy then says to me that Panasonic upgraded my tv because of my patience and the inconvenience of the lengthy process. Awesome! So what did I get in exchange for my ST50?

Panasonic TC-P55VT60!!!!!

Not only did they give me the newer model but they jumped me up two levels in quality! Thats a $1000+ upgrade! I couldn't believe it! Awesome!!!!

Sorry for the long post but I'm excited and now can't wait to get back home from work to see how good this tv is!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 14 Old 08-19-13, 05:21 PM
Elite Shackster
My System
Re: Something awesome just happened!!!!

Onkyo TX-NR809 HT receiver
HPS-4000,SR-70, John Allen, Klipsch Heresy, Speakers for L.C.R.
QSC GX-5 power amp for L+R mains
Chase Home Theater PRO-10's for surrounds
Behringer EP 4000 pro amp for the Danley DTS-10 tapped horn sub
Oppo BDP-93 universal BD player
Toshiba HD XA2 HD dvd player
Sony VW-VPLPRO1 1080p PJ
Cinema White 1.0 gain 106" fixed frame screen
Dish network with 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey
post #3 of 14 Old 08-19-13, 05:21 PM
Elite Shackster

That's good news, it's nice to hear that Panasonic came through in a big way.
post #4 of 14 Old 08-19-13, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
My System
Mike P. wrote: View Post
That's good news, it's nice to hear that Panasonic came through in a big way.
Yeah no kidding cause I had heard a few years ago about a problem with one specific line of plasmas from Panasonic and they were not to willing to warranty a lot of people's TV's. Not sure if it was internet hype or what. Needless to say I was a bit worried about how this was all gonna go down but it really worked out. Good on Panasonic for coming through for me though. I appreciate it!
post #5 of 14 Old 08-19-13, 07:26 PM
Elite Shackster
My System

Wow, the VT60! thats an impressive upgrade to say the least. Good on Panasonic for there customer service

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #6 of 14 Old 08-19-13, 07:58 PM
Elite Shackster
My System
That's great for you, and for them to take care of a customer in such a way can really inspire brand loyalty. And great free press on HTS never hurts!
post #7 of 14 Old 08-19-13, 09:00 PM
Senior Shackster
Wow! I've never heard of any company doing such a thing, that amazing and says a lot for there customer service and care.
post #8 of 14 Old 08-19-13, 10:22 PM
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator
I'm a redneck!
My System

Very nice indeed... how lucky can you be?

Cedar Creek Cinema

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #9 of 14 Old 08-19-13, 11:34 PM
Elite Shackster

Now, this is the proper way to treat a customer by any company by fixing the issue right away or helping the customer with an upgrade. A lot better then some others who will not even talk to you on the phone..

Glad things worked out for you!
post #10 of 14 Old 08-19-13, 11:54 PM
Senior Shackster
My System

That's a great customer service gesture on panasoncs part,I'm sure they're counting on you being a loyal future customer and you telling at least five people that you were completely satisfied,glad to hear they took care of you.

awesome , happened

Quick Reply

Register Now

Confirm Password
Email Address
Confirm Email Address
Random Question
Random Question #2

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address

Activation requires you reply to an email we will send you after you register... if you do not reply to this email, you will not be able to view certain areas of the forum or certain images... nor will you be able download software.

See our banned email list here: Banned Email List

We DO NOT respond to spamcop, boxtrapper and spamblocker emails... please add @hometheatershack DOT com to your whitelist prior to registering or you will get nowhere on your registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page