Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Hitachi 56 inch projectin tv

7K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  ljryjj 
#1 ·
I have an Hitachi 56 inch Projection tv model#57F500A. The other day I turned it on and the power indicator on the front came on but no picture. I also noticed that I can turn it on with the remote but it will not turn it back off. I looked at the power board and one of the green led's did not light up. I read a forum that mentioned this same problem and the person changed a 3000ma pico fuse,E907,that fixed the problem. I checked E907 and it is open. My question is, if I replace the pico fuse will this fix my problem or do I possibly have a problem with a chip.

#6 ·
I finally got around to checking C707 and it is open. Can you tell me how to determine what the value of the capacitor is. It is labeled B - 222K - KCK. I went to a local electronics shop and the man said I would need a service manual to determine the value of the capacitor. He also said that he did not know what a pico fuse was and that he did'nt think it was a fuse because it had an orange band on one end. He said that indicated polarity, which is usually associated with a diode. Just wanted to make sure I'm looking at the right components.

#10 ·
This is not the value of the cap that I recall having a problem with in Hitachis. It is a 1000 or 820pF cap with a voltage rating of 2kV. It may be numbered differently in this model or may not be a common issue with this one.

Regardless, the set will require skilled troubleshooting. This may require equioment beyond a DMM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.