Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Hitachi Convergence problem

6K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  lcaillo 
#1 ·
Hi Icaillo, I seem to be having the same problem as Caleb82 in this thread http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/hitachi/13631-hitachi-61swx10b-convergence-problems.html.

I have the same model TV and I also get the green 5 in the bottom right when trying to run Magic focus.

I have pulled the board out of the TV in preperation of this project. When examining the board I noticed that one of the resistors was touching the other RK58 and RK59. I bent it a little so that they are no longer touching but on RK58 inbetween the 2 middle lines it looks like it may be burned. It is a grey color instead of the normal green.

If thats the case should I just try replacing the resistor in question and see if that works? I hoping this means I dont have to replace the IC's :)

You the man!

Thanks,

#3 ·
Your posts were moved to the proper forum to maintain organization and make the info easier for others to find. Please post the model number so that I can change the title of the thread.

Always start a new thread and include all of the specifics for your problem rather than referring to someone else's thread. I do not recall his model, nor do I have the time to go look it up, and others should not have to.

Read the first ten posts of the convergence thread where you posted very carefully. If the resistors are damaged you almost certainly have a bad IC. Get the right Hitachi kit for your set and replace the ICs and the resistors that are heat stressed or open.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/for.../5600-crt-based-rptv-convergence-repairs.html

#9 ·
Can you adjust it? If you can then you need to just adjust and store the data. I would have replaced the damaged resistor. You need to read through the convergence repair sticky very carefully.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.