Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Hitachi 57swx20b getting OVERFLOW message

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  lcaillo 
#1 ·
My dad gave me this TV becuase he could not get the red to converge. Plus he had been eye a really nice flat-screen.
I found the kit to use to correct this. I replaced the 2 IC with the 150's and the 6 suppled transistors. When going into Service Only mode all the colors are bowed. I ran the Magic Focus, fron within Service Only mode, and I am getting an OVERFLOW message.
After that I can get to the grid for convergence. The best that I can do still leaves the screen very wavey.
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or what else could be wrong with the set?

Thank you very much for any input.

Greg

#2 ·
You probably have lost the power to the ICs. Look for open pico fuses in the power supply.

I you have not done so read the first 10 posts of the sticky for convergence repairs very carefully.

Your post will be moved to the Hitachi forum to maintain forum organization so that others can more easily find the information that they need.

#3 ·
My service manual has no reference to a pico. I don't really know any thing about a TV as far as that goes too. The TV has a Tuner board, a Power Supply board and a Deflection board. I assume your talking about the Power Supply board. Is that correct? And if you could be any more specific I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you very much for what you have told me.

Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.