Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

hitachi 65xwx20b

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  lcaillo 
#1 ·
hello,

i am new to the tv repair problems. i have read your posts about convergence. i have a hitachi 65xwx20b that has a problem with the green color. on the hitachi the green is not adjustable and only the red and blue are. both the red and the blue will adjust but the green is way off. i will try to post a photo. does the convergence ic's also cover the green tube?

thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs

i know that there are 2 of the stk ic's. does each ic control one color each? i have had a hard time finding the kit x480306. some are out of stock and others no longer carry the item. i called hitachi and got a number for parts but they told me the stk 394-160e was discontinued. do you know if this correct? if so, is there a replacement ic?

thanks

pat.

#3 ·
Re: CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs

The two IC's each handle three of the six alignment channels. Two for each primary gun. You could just replace the one chip that handles the two green channels, but it's better to replace them both while you're at it, since the problem could be caused by dried up heatsink compound. They're not that expensive, and you don't want to go in again in a few months to fix it a second time. Good luck.

#5 ·
Your posts have been moved to a new thread in the Hitachi forum to maintain forum organization.

Please read the first ten posts of the convergence sticky very carefully. Many of the Hitachi sets have specific kits that they provide that use updated ICs and the correct resistors. The newest version IC, if available in a kit for your set is likely a 394 series chip that is more efficient. The part numbers for the kits are provided by model number in the sticky.

#6 ·
hello,

the kit for my tv is the x480306, but i am having a hard time finding it in stock at places. i was told the chip stk 394-160e is no longer available. is there a known replacement that i can use? steve 757 says i can use 392-150 chips, but that is the old chip which was replaced by the 394-160e. can you tell by the photo that i have a convergence problem? the green is the issue and it is not adjustable in the hitachi model 65xwx20b.

thanks

#7 ·
The pdf for the kit is in the sticky. It lists the resistors for your set. You can get any of the other kits that you can find to get the ICs, then sub in any resistors that are different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.