Hitachi P50S601 blue LED flashes 3 times - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 2 Old 04-11-11, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Shackster
roadrashgixer

Hitachi P50S601 blue LED flashes 3 times

My Hitachi Plasma is having the same issue that I have been reading about in other posts.
The two capacitors on the power supply are bulged at the top. I just ordered two replacements and will swap them when they arrive.
I was reading on how to diagnose the issue. I pulled the upper and lower SDR boards and it powered up without the blue LED flashing. I put the upper in only and it acted up and the blue LED flashed 3 times. I pulled out the upper board and installed the lower SDR board. It powered up with no problems. So, it would seem to me that the upper board is having the problem. There are no obvious burned or heated areas on either board. It appears to be as good as the lower one.
Can anyone give me their opinion on this? Do you think my conclusion is correct?

A second question I'd like a comment on. A couple of months ago, a single vertical line appeared in the screen, just off center to the right side. It only appears when there are bright colors, like yellow and orange in that area of the screen. Darker pictures are no problem. The line is not visible for those.
Is this something I'm probably stuck with? Or could it be one of the cables I was reading about? I have read that if the SDR board cables are not in quite right, lines will appear on the screen.

Thanks a bunch!
Chad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-12-11, 06:46 AM
Senior Shackster
Jason

Re: Hitachi P50S601 blue LED flashes 3 times

Quote:
roadrashgixer wrote: View Post
My Hitachi Plasma is having the same issue that I have been reading about in other posts.
The two capacitors on the power supply are bulged at the top. I just ordered two replacements and will swap them when they arrive.
I was reading on how to diagnose the issue. I pulled the upper and lower SDR boards and it powered up without the blue LED flashing. I put the upper in only and it acted up and the blue LED flashed 3 times. I pulled out the upper board and installed the lower SDR board. It powered up with no problems. So, it would seem to me that the upper board is having the problem. There are no obvious burned or heated areas on either board. It appears to be as good as the lower one.
Can anyone give me their opinion on this? Do you think my conclusion is correct?

A second question I'd like a comment on. A couple of months ago, a single vertical line appeared in the screen, just off center to the right side. It only appears when there are bright colors, like yellow and orange in that area of the screen. Darker pictures are no problem. The line is not visible for those.
Is this something I'm probably stuck with? Or could it be one of the cables I was reading about? I have read that if the SDR board cables are not in quite right, lines will appear on the screen.

Thanks a bunch!
Chad
I answered your question in my post as well as showed you a link telling you how to test the buffers on the sdr board. As for your line I am not sure what thats is from. It could even be from the puffy caps or something and the wrong voltage going out. You will have to wait and see if it goes away.

The lines from the sdr cables not being tight go accross the screen and if you look at my post you will see what it will do. I have a photo without a cable hooked to it so you see gray and lines.