Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Room Analysis and Help. Pics included

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bpape 
#1 ·
Hey guys, Im pretty new on this forum. But i was referred over from another forum saying that you have have better analysis on help with my room.

Im just trying to figure out if acoustic paneling will increase my audio quality drastically , and if i can put them just on my back wall or not? if not how should I do this.

My room dimensions are 15 x 17 x 8. I have a huge window in the back of the room. And I have a 6 feet entryway going into the room.

Thanks... pics below :)

See less See more
#2 ·
That's a beautiful room! The first picture looks spooky--in a very cool way.

Can you rotate the layout of your room 90 degrees so that each speaker is seeing a more symmetrical set of boundaries and reflection?

My general room advice looks like this:
http://dtmblabber.blogspot.com/2010/12/room-treatment-advice-quick-and-dirty.html

Have you made any graphs? If not, I'd pick up REW, a mic, and an audio interface to really fix your specific problem areas, but my general advice will still stand for starters. Without data, that's were I'd start.

Dan

#5 ·
Yes but it depends on what you want to invest.
1. The easiest, imho, is to buy XTZ.
2. Omnimic is almost as easy and has more functions.
Both of these of these are complete systems.
3. REW is freeware and it is quite powerful. It requires you to buy a mic and preamp to go with it.
There are many others, of course.

#7 ·
You'll want to pay attention to frequency response and how changing seating/sub/speaker positions impact things - as well as the decay time/watefalls to see how the overall decay time balance is - though doesn't sound like you're going to be doing a ton of treatment to likely get it down to where it should be. It will at least allow you to see potential modal problems vs others.

Bryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.