Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Recessed ceiling speakers, energy efficiency

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  katialylla2006 
#1 · (Edited)
When I am looking to have music playing throughout the house (small house) and also wanting to make sure that I can stay at a fairly low price (Thinking POLK MC80's) should I consider buying some 'caps' for the speakers to prevent any conditioned air from leaking out through the speaker? Or are these speakers in general considered air tight once installed in the hole?

Edit: Basically just looking for confirmation that speakers mounted - as in...an 8" hole is cut in the ceiling's air barrier (i.e. Drywall) - are not compromising the energy efficiency by much.

#3 · (Edited)
Frankly speaking, it will depend on the electricity and on the consumption, but not as much as it will depend on the stability of work on your supplier. My old supplier burned my amplifier because of the power surges caused by the unstable work of the power station. It was their fault and I could not even have my compensation. The burned amplifier was an old fashion Pioneer, very good one. From that moment I understood I have to change my supplier or it will burn the rest. I found the usave.co.uk service on the internet. It seemed to me to be a good service as the feedback was really good, but more important was the easiness of that service. I had to introduce my postal code and to choose the available supplier in my area. The rest was made by them, very easy. So I advise you to take care about your supplier, this is very important

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.