Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Streem Speakers ??

Tags
streem
27K views 94 replies 24 participants last post by  tonyvdb 
#1 ·
I was on ebay Saturday afternoon & came across these speakers, checked seller feedback & it
came back good, so I decided to do a little more digging via Google.
I came up with the website I read all the customer reviews & COULD NOT
find one negative comment any where relating to price, quality, sound & customer service. Now, I
don't if the reviews were made up by professional review ? writers or not, but to say the least, I'm
intrigued & impressed by what I saw & read. These speakers can be 1 of 2 things, either a very
well orchestrated scam, or a very good product from a young & upcoming company; myself, I'm
choosing to belive a very good product.
I'm wondering & asking if anyone here at the forum has used these speakers or has any
additional info or comments they may want to share.
The system I've got my eyes on that I really like is the HT335.
All comments welcome & appreciated.

Thanks,
Alfred agpintexas

See less See more
#55 ·
Have you heard Klipsch RF-5s, or are the Klipsches you're referring to from the Synergy line or a cheaper Reference line? I can hear David Gilmore missing notes in every solo with the RF-5s, and that is something NO other speaker I've ever heard can do (oh sweet, sweet clarity :daydream: ) and yet they can hit louder than 120db before even starting to distort. If $200 Streems can even stay in the same ballpark as $1,500 Klipsh powerhouses then I'll be absolutely blown away, though what it really looks like from the AudioReview.com is that most of the buyers come from lower-end gear, and Streem is the next step up so they're very impressed (as they should be with a price that low)

We shall see :T

#57 ·
Can't say I've heard the 82s, but they are definitely a good set of speakers at any rate. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how these things do before saying much more, hopefully they're everything you say they are; I certainly like seeing an underdog company pull off something big! As of right now I'm looking at the BP-200 bookshelves, at a cost of $350 for both of them. I wish they'd sell the towers separate from the rest of the 5.1 systems they come with (ok, they do, but with just about no money cut from the price so you're only losing out) because I'd prolly take some towers over the bookshelves at that price, but anything higher and I'd stop being so happy-go-lucky about stepping out on a limb with my money :coocoo:

#59 ·
Most towers don't even have the punch of the RF-5s; It's really hard to beat 99db sensitivity coupled with a 150 watt RMS rating. These things get LOUD. Like, ear-bleeding, love-hate loud, and they still don't distort even slightly :D I'm not looking for a theater-quality setup though, as I'm in love with my Klipsches and use them for movie stuff and loud music, I just want something with a quality build to hook up to my computer and TV for music at night and better TV sound.

It seems like you don't like horn speakers in general by the sound of it (which of course eliminates Klipsch from your diet from the get-go :p), but I love horns because I'm 35% deaf and the horn tweeters are easier for me to hear with any sort of clarity. You either love em or ya hate em, no matter how well made they are. I'm intrigued by these Streems though, so curiosity is bringing my hand over to the credit card :D

#60 ·
Yeah I don't care for the horned tweeters like you said they're ear bleeders lol. They do get a piercing pitch at higher volumes and I like a little smoother sound. Not at all saying Klipsch doesn't make a nice speaker they really do but for the money they want I'll go in a different direction. 99dB is really impressive though these are 88 for the rears and 90 for the towers and I'm running 150 watts through them as well. But again for the money they are incredible. I like them more and more everyday. I've been listening to music for 3 days straight now and I usually only really listened to music once a week or so lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

#61 ·
Wellll I hate to be a buzzkiller, but I just got a sweet deal on some RF-3s, and I've been waiting for some to use as surrounds for a while so I had to get em. I still plan on grabbing those Streems down the road, but I'll need to save up for a bit.. I'll keep you posted anyway

#63 ·
I still believe there "white van" quality. But to each their own.
If someone is willing to ship me some for free I will personally do a test of them using REW and post the results but something tells me thats not going to happen.

#65 ·
I highly doupt they sound better then the Polks or Infinity's. Did you try any other speakers in your room at home or are the streams the only ones. Demoing speakers in a big box store is not a great way to audition speakers and thats probably why you think the streams sound so good is you have nothing to compare them to other than what you hear in the store.

#66 ·
My neighbor has a set of Infinity with the same layout and a friend has Polk. Thus me wanting one or the other and sorry they agree the Streem kill them both. For those that haven't heard them stop putting in your two cents because look around anybody that has says only good things about them. I compared speakers for a year before I bought these so yes I compared them in many different layouts and these sound twice as good as the Polk and Infinity setups for under $5000.

#67 ·
An $800 speaker system sounds twice as good as speaker systems that cost up to $5000? I guess everyone will be buying Streem speakers from now on. I know I will! :rubeyes:

#68 ·
I'd say $5000 is when you really get to the better sounding speakers. Sorry for any confusion but yes they sound better than anything for less then that. I'll never buy another brand as long as they stay the way they are. Lower pricing better quality I mean why would you pay more for less.

#69 ·
I'd say $5000 is when you really get to the better sounding speakers. Sorry for any confusion but yes they sound better than anything for less then that.
I will just bite my tongue here and say no more.:scratch:

#70 ·
I don't understand why people that haven't heard these yet think they have to degrade them. If you have no input when people ask for it then just don't say anything beyond beware or something to that effect. And Tony I'm not trying to be rude but there are some of us that really do research before buying something then people throw out well you don't know what you're talking about.

#71 ·
I think you need to look for some reviews of these speakers from Secrets, Home theater review or another reputable site. I have found no such reviews (Stream has been around for a few years). A good sign that these are good quality and a great buy, why have we not heard more about them.

#73 ·
Secondly I found reviews from 2004 just by googling them.
I said reputable site, anybody can write a review and post it, Half of them are probably fakes and from people who dont have any idea what a good speaker sounds like. I want to see real world numbers and bench tests.
But lets not get into this any farther, you believe you got a great deal and you like how they sound and in the end thats what really matters.

#75 ·
Just be careful with statements that they compare to speakers that cost up to $5000. That is absolutely unfounded and will get you some unwanted comments. By making a statement like that your saying that you dont know much about speakers in general.

#76 ·
Well statements basically calling everyone else ignorant just makes you look like an but hey like you said to each their own. I really don't see why if you haven't heard them why you have to put them down. If you want to test them see if someone in your area has a set you can listen to. Your right nobody is going to send you a set because like a online company we don't know you so that'd be an enormous risk not to mention more money as they are extremely heavy I'd hate to see the bill to send these anywhere. I'd guess $100 bare minimum.

#77 ·
You will have a great time with those Klipsch's. I have them for surrounds, and like them. Have fun, Dennis

#78 ·
Thanks, I quite agree :D I'm posting from my theater room as we speak haha, I can't seem to leave no matter how hard I try (I also can't seem to cause any distortion no matter how hard I try.. amazing! I haven't heard quality sound this loud... ever??)

And on topic, I still do intend to guinea pig myself with some Streem BP-200s when I have the extra cash, but for the moment I definitely have no regrets about spending a total of $1,060 for two RF-5 towers, 2 RF-3 towers, and a RC-3ii center channel :T

#80 ·
I too was curious about Streem Speakers when I stumbled on them by accident while researching possible speakers to match to my Denon receiver. I found this site in my search and took the time to read pretty much every post. There are a lot true statements made about the company, such as there are no professional reviews on the product (at least that I could find) and no side by side technical comparisons. Is that a reason to avoid them...I don't think so. It is a reason to be cautious, perhaps.

Here are a few things that aren't mentioned in the posts. Streem is a real brink and motar company that operates out of St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada (on the contact page there is a 1 800 number and their address). They have been in business for about 10 years best I can tell (will confirm on my visit). They also sell on eBay under the name Station Street. Something to note and maybe to dispell the "white van" comments, they have made over 5,179 eBay transactions (selling only their product and a few misc items such as cables and connectors) and have a 100 percent satifisfation rating. Also, they do not sell their products through traditional retail outlets so they eliminate the retail markup. Ever wonder how much CC or BB pays for Polk Audio, Boston Acoustics or Klipsch at wholesale prices? Me too!

I am no audio expert but I have a good ear and throughout my 57 years on the planet have owned Tannoy, B &W and JBL speakers all great if not somewhat over priced. So I will take a visit to their showroom and see what they have to offer and report back. Instincts tell me that I will be pleasantly surprised.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.