Polk Audio owners thread - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
Home Theater Shack Forums
Audio General, Inc.: Great deals on projectors, screens and electronics. Underwood HiFi - Excellent discounts on some awesome name brands. Power Sound Audio designs, develops, and assembles high quality loudspeakers and subwoofers for home theater environments. Visual Apex: The most competitive pricing for home theater projectors... and built on customer satisfaction! SVSound Creative Sound Solutions: Loudspeaker kits and components for subwoofers, midwoofers, woofers and full range speakers! XTZ Sound Marantz Standout Design OPPO Digital - Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer Chane Music & Cinema Madisound Value Electronics: A trusted retailer and custom installer that specializes in whole-house audio, home theater, Plasma, LCD, LED, HDTVs, Blu-ray and more. Genelec: Active Speakers and Speaker Systems

Like Us on facebookREW
Go Back   Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com > Manufactured Speakers | Subwoofers > Home Audio Speakers
Forgot Password?
Donations Reviews Vendors

Reply     Post New Thread
Views: 25867 - Replies: 112  
Old 03-11-08, 01:00 PM   #31
Shackster

Ron
Since: Oct 2007
San Jose, CA
Re: Polk Audio owners thread

I'm running SDA 1Cs, CS400i and SDA-CRS+ w/ M5jrs back surrounds on my combo rig. They need a bit of horsepower to make them sing, but are incredible music and HT speakers. I'm also a big fan of the RTAs, early Monitors and LS series. I've auditioned the RTis and the new A series, RTs and LSis...pretty much every Polk speaker I've heard has something going for it.

The difference between the big boys, 1.2s and 2.3s, vs. the medium sized 1Cs is simply scale. In most rooms, the 1Cs are every bit as good.

Forum Rules Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-08, 01:13 AM   #32
Senior Shackster

Steve
Since: Oct 2006
Atlanta, GA

I got in on the deal at Fry's and got set of LSI 15 that are my fronts. I wish I had gone ahead and gotten a LSI C because I can't find one anywhere now. I have one on order but it's now sounding like it will be the end of April before any are available. Then when budget allows I'll get a pair of LSIF/X.

I'm glad this thread was started here. Club Polk doesn't seem to offer that much info.

Old 03-13-08, 01:08 PM   #33
Shackster

Ron
San Jose, CA

Quote:
SteveB wrote: View Post
I got in on the deal at Fry's and got set of LSI 15 that are my fronts. I wish I had gone ahead and gotten a LSI C because I can't find one anywhere now. I have one on order but it's now sounding like it will be the end of April before any are available. Then when budget allows I'll get a pair of LSIF/X.

I'm glad this thread was started here. Club Polk doesn't seem to offer that much info.
There are tons of LSi threads over the last 5 years regarding this line on CP. It's the most respected speaker of the current lineup with hundreds of member owners. What specifically is your question?

Old 03-13-08, 05:22 PM   #34
Senior Shackster

Steve
Since: Oct 2006
Atlanta, GA

No specific question, mostly just comment. Unless you know where I can get a new LSI C under $400 and not have to wait until the end of April.

Old 03-13-08, 06:05 PM   #35
Shackster

Ron
San Jose, CA

Quote:
SteveB wrote: View Post
No specific question, mostly just comment. Unless you know where I can get a new LSI C under $400 and not have to wait until the end of April.
You might get lucky on ebay or craigslist, but if you join and participate over on Club Polk, you'll find that hookups happen all the time...not necessarily when you're looking for it. It's important to participate, just like here. If you just want to score, you'll get some grief. Asking questions will get you tons of answers.

Old 04-07-08, 11:09 AM   #36

Eric
Since: Apr 2008
South Carolina

I’m running Polk SRS SDA 2.3TL’s for my fronts, SDA 2B’s for the rears, and an M5jr for the center channel. I’m very impressed with most of Polk’s speakers (I own 7 pairs) but not with their subwoofers. Instead, I’m running an M&K MX-90 sub with dual 12” woofers in a push-pull configuration and a 300w amp.

The TL version of the SDA line has the updated tweeters that removed the harshness of the earlier line. My 2.3TL’s date 1991 and since, I’ve replaced all the drivers and completely rebuilt the crossovers with Soniccraft caps and mills resistors. I’ve also updated the 2B’s and M5jr’s with the new tweeter and rebuilt the crossovers accordingly.

The sound is very impressive! Just ask my neighbors…

Old 04-07-08, 02:33 PM   #37
Senior Shackster

Mike
Since: Apr 2008
Columbia SC
My System

nice to see a Polk owners thread here, I have a pair of LSi9's and a LSiC and love them.

Old 04-07-08, 02:53 PM   #38
Shackster

Mike
Since: Jun 2006
Winnipeg

FYI.....Many Lsi owners have not been happy with the LsiC to be honest. I had it before and felt like it was kind of flat, and veiled sounding. Many people prefer an Lsi 9 as a center channel. Something you may want to research a little more...maybe you can find a single somewhere, split with somebody, or go 6.1.

Regards,
Mike

Old 04-07-08, 03:02 PM   #39
Senior Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Bob_99
Since: May 2006
New Hampshire

Quote:
MikeL wrote: View Post
FYI.....Many Lsi owners have not been happy with the LsiC to be honest. I had it before and felt like it was kind of flat, and veiled sounding. Many people prefer an Lsi 9 as a center channel. Something you may want to research a little more...maybe you can find a single somewhere, split with somebody, or go 6.1.

Regards,
Mike
I have the Lsi C and have been happy with it, although for me, if it's audible, it's good . I'll have to try and find an Lsi 9 and try that to see if I can notice a difference.

Bob

"There is always hope, even if it is just a fool's hope."

Old 05-17-08, 08:12 AM   #40
Shimey
Inactive

Well figured I'd come and join the Polk Owner Thread...Since I picked up mine when they were on clearance/sale and I'm a happy camper.

Front: Rti 8
Center: Csi 3
Surrounds: Fxi A4
Sub: eD A3-300
Reciever: Onk 705

To me this setup sounds and works amazing for games and movies..It was an amazing investmet

Reply     Post New Thread     Back to Top of Page

Musicians Friend: Your one stop shop for microphones, mic amps and Behringer products.   Cmple   Monoprice Electronics   Amazon   Velodyne Check out the Woot product for today!

Onkyo   GIK Acoustics: Home audio acoustics at its best... especially when you have help from the owners right here at the Shack!  Check out their very affordable acoustic panels!   Nyrius   Aperion Audio   Axiom Audio  Parts Express: Excellent Source for DIY Speaker and Subwoofer Projects!

« Home Theater Shack > Manufactured Speakers | Subwoofers > Home Audio Speakers »

« Previous Thread   Next Thread »