Polk Audio owners thread - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #51 of 113 Old 05-21-11, 03:50 PM
Shackster

Quote:
SteveB wrote:
No specific question, mostly just comment. Unless you know where I can get a new LSI C under $400 and not have to wait until the end of April.
Hey steve, Polk direct has the lsic at $425. It is a refurb but my experience with them is their refurbs are perfect. I bought a pair of rti a3's and a csi a4, all were absolutely pristine. It's worth checking out and I believe they have a 10 day return policy. The price is shipped to the best of my knowledge. Good luck in your search - Tank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 113 Old 05-21-11, 03:54 PM
Shackster

Quote:
Tankramer wrote:

Hey steve, Polk direct has the lsic at $425. It is a refurb but my experience with them is their refurbs are perfect. I bought a pair of rti a3's and a csi a4, all were absolutely pristine. It's worth checking out and I believe they have a 10 day return policy. The price is shipped to the best of my knowledge. Good luck in your search - Tank
Price is now $379 shipped
post #53 of 113 Old 10-20-11, 10:13 PM
Shackster
jason

I have the lsic center two lsi15's front and two lc80i's surround. Since they have been discontinued I am having a hard time finding some more lc80i or lc80fx's to put in the rear. Maybe I could go with some lsi fx or lsi 7/9's. Any input on what to get for the rears would be appreciated.
post #54 of 113 Old 10-21-11, 10:58 PM

Re: Polk Audio owners thread

I've got a few

RTi A3's CSi A6 DSW Pro 550 & a pair of old R30,s
post #55 of 113 Old 11-18-11, 02:53 PM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

Quote:
Herbchemist wrote: View Post
Yesterday I purchased my first set of real speakers (not counting all of the junk I've owned in the past). I got a great deal of a 1 year old pair set of Polk's.

Front L/R LSi15
Center LSiC
Surround LSi7
Rear Surround: RtiA3

My room is in construction so I figured I'd join you all on HTS and figure out how to put them to use.

I also picked up a Onkyo TX-SR876 AV Receiver to drive a 7.1 system.

Two quick questions:
1. Can anyone point me to a site/post describing which position and angles are optimal for such a set-up
2. I had originally wanted to mount all of my speakers flush with the walls (and/or inside columns). However I fell in love with these speakers and had to have them. Now I am wondering if the rear ports (and bottom ports for the LSi15), require them to be mounted away from the wall. Example: The center LSiC, has two rear ports. How far away from the wall do I need to position it? If my screen wall is 20 inches from the actual front wall, and my LSiC is 8 inches deep, can I mount it flush with the screen, leaving 12 inches of space behind, and still expect a good sound?

Scott
For the LSiC it is actually designed to be mounted flush against a wall, Polk calls it a power port which is some type of diffuser that is designed to control the air moving out the back of the speaker. The air moves out the back port, hits the diffuser and is spread to the sides which allows flush mounting against a wall.
For regular rear ported speakers which fire directly out the back you do have to leave space behind them or it will change the sound of the speaker.
post #56 of 113 Old 11-20-11, 07:16 AM
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System
Big Polk fan here ... Owner of rtia3's, csia6, fxia4, rti4, rm6750, and monitor 30's.

Have to add, customer service is top notch. And it's a Baltimore based company which is cool!!!

Sweet Polk!
post #57 of 113 Old 11-20-11, 08:36 AM
Senior Shackster

My System
Polk owners unite! I own
- RTi 10 x four( front channels, surrounds)
- LSi c
I got a super deal on them about 4 months ago brand new in the boxes, and the center was a demo model that had hardly been played. (that was a steal too- paid $250!!!)
I love them all, but that center is killer...
post #58 of 113 Old 01-11-12, 02:00 PM

This is my first post here and I guess this thread is fitting. I just purchased a pair of RTi 12's and a RTi A6 center.

This was a complete impulse purchase as I always build my own. However as times change and responsibilities mount, I don't have the time to build anymore. So the combination of boxing day prices and great reviews landed me here.

Before I hooked them up to my home theater I bridged my Crown amp to see how much damage a single RTi 12 could do. Apparently it handle a solid 1000 watts without any signs if stress. Impressive for 7" drivers!

After setting them up with my home theater I was impressed with the overall sound. As the rumors say, bi-amping Polks is a must. They are perhaps the least efficient speakers I have ever used. But they can push lots of air with a big enough engine behind them. After hearing what they can do I have put my subwoofer plans on hold.

Movies are awesome and music ain't bad either
post #59 of 113 Old 01-11-12, 08:12 PM
HTS Senior Moderator
HTS Reviewer

2 channel view

My System

Welcome to HTS, Flatline.

Thanks for sharing!

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." - Bill Hicks
post #60 of 113 Old 02-07-12, 10:30 PM
Ballistic

My System

New to the site just saying hey to the Polk owners... I Love my Polks I currently have a pair of SDA SRS , SDA 2b , SDA CRS , SDA CRS+ , Monitor series 5 , Monitor series 2 and, Mini Monitors.

Last edited by Ballistic Air; 02-07-12 at 11:10 PM.