Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Jamo Studio 170 modification

18K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sasha 
#1 ·
This my old set of Jamo Studio 170 speakers, but after upgrading from stereo amplifier to 5.1 and option on new Onkyo TX-SR605 receiver to run bi-wiring front speakers decided to modify my old speakers:
First modification port moved from back panel on to front panel by doing this i can move speakers closer to wall.
Second modification painted inside with "Quiet Kote" Sound damping spray.
Third modification changed speakers connection for bi-wiring
Next step will be modification to standard crossovers, at the moment woofer is connected without any crossover and mid and tweeter only try 6db/oct crossover and than maybe replacing tweeters to ribbon.
Any recommendations?
Regards,
Sasha.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sasha,
Looks really nice. It would appear that the next Speakers you get should be a DIY Kit where you will have a great deal more latitude when it comes to design decisions.
Cheers,
JJ

#3 ·
Thank you JJ,
This will project for the future to build DIY speakers. First will try to build subwoofer, I have couple of Cerwin Vega HED 12-4 left over from car installation but first need to find a suitable amplifier for this project.
Best regards.
Sasha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.