Paradigm New Monitor series 7 - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
Home Theater Shack Forums
Marantz OPPO Digital - Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer Chane Music & Cinema Madisound Parts Express: Excellent Source for DIY Speaker and Subwoofer Projects! Musicians Friend: Your one stop shop for microphones, mic amps and Behringer products. Value Electronics: A trusted retailer and custom installer that specializes in whole-house audio, home theater, Plasma, LCD, LED, HDTVs, Blu-ray and more. Genelec: Active Speakers and Speaker Systems Audio General, Inc.: Great deals on projectors, screens and electronics. Underwood HiFi - Excellent discounts on some awesome name brands. Power Sound Audio designs, develops, and assembles high quality loudspeakers and subwoofers for home theater environments. Visual Apex: The most competitive pricing for home theater projectors... and built on customer satisfaction! SVSound Emotiva is your Home Theater Component Source for Audiophile Quality Home Theater Equipment at Factory Direct Prices Newegg: The perfect solution for all your HTPC and media server build needs! Creative Sound Solutions: Loudspeaker kits and components for subwoofers, midwoofers, woofers and full range speakers! XTZ Sound

Like Us on facebookREW
Go Back   Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com > Manufactured Speakers | Subwoofers > Home Audio Speakers
Forgot Password?
Donations Reviews Vendors

Reply     Post New Thread
Views: 10143 - Replies: 36  
Old 08-13-11, 11:12 PM   #21
Shackster

Since: May 2011
I started this thread.

After looking at the Surround 3's I think I would rather stick with the ADP's. The ADP's are three way, where the Surround 3's are two way speakers. I'm interested in listening to the new Surround 3's and new 7 series.

Forum Rules Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-11, 08:54 AM   #22
Elite Shackster
Silver Supporter

Charlie
Since: Jan 2011
Dallas, TX
My System
Re: Paradigm New Monitor series 7

A co-worker asked me to go with him to audition speakers and the Paradigm dealer had the new Monitor 11's. In my opinion they are significantly improved.
Last year when I was shopping I thought the Studio 100's were clearly superior that the price difference was easily justified.
The new Monitor 11's are improved so much that there is now actual competition to the Studio 100's.
Don't get me wrong, I still think the Studio 100's are the better sounding speaker but the Monitor 11 is not completely outclassed.
The Studio 100 has a more refined / smoother sound and I would say the subtle sound definition is better too.
Compared to the Studio 100 the Monitor 11 has a more forward sound especially with voices which will appeal to many who are mostly movie and game users.
Anyone looking for a pair of speakers with a budget of $1500 should have the Monitor 11's near the top of the audition list.

Old 08-15-11, 08:46 AM   #23
Elite Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Jack
Since: Jul 2009
Siesta Key, Florida

Hello,
I have spent some more time comparing the V.6 and forthcoming V.7's looking primarily at the Monitor 11's that started this Thread and have come up with some findings/observations.

While the 11 V7 is rated down to 42hz as opposed to 48hz with the V.6's. they weigh 1 pound more than the V.6's which makes me think that the V.6's have better Internal Bracing.

In terms of Center Channels, the CC-690 utterly trounces the largest available Center 3 of the V.7's. In addition, I do think the Surround Speakers on the V.6's are actually superior.

So in truth, I would actually rather have the Monitor 11 V.6's with a CC-690 for my Front Stage as opposed to the Monitor 11 V.7's with the Center 3. With the CC being such an integral part of a great HT, I would gladly lose the ability to go 6db's lower to have a much more capable CC. And again, I am inclined to believe that the V.6's actually boast better Build Quality. Especially when I would be crossing the Speakers over at 80hz.
And if even going lower than that, the vast majority of Monitor 11 Owners are going to be using a Subwoofer in their HT.
Cheers,
JJ

HT
Speakers: Martin Logan Vantage (Mains), Martin Logan Stage (Center), Martin Logan Vista (Surrounds), Martin Logan Montages (Surrounds) Martin Logan Descent i (Subwoofer) Martin Logan Depth (Subwoofer)
Amplification: Aragon 8008bb, Parasound HCA-3500, Parasound HCA-2205 AT, Parasound HCA-1000a
AVR/SSP: Denon AVR-4520CI
Electronics: OPPO BDP-93, OPPO BDP-83 Pioneer BDP-05FD, Pioneer BDP-51FD, OPPO DV-980H, Panasonic DMP-BDT220
Gaming Consoles: Sony PS3 60 gb, Xbox 360 S (250 gb)
Display: Panasonic TC-P60GT50, Sony KDL-55EX500, Sony KD-34XBR910

Old 08-15-11, 09:04 AM   #24
Shackster

I started this thread.

Quote:
Jungle Jack wrote:
Hello,
I have spent some more time comparing the V.6 and forthcoming V.7's looking primarily at the Monitor 11's that started this Thread and have come up with some findings/observations.

While the 11 V7 is rated down to 42hz as opposed to 48hz with the V.6's. they weigh 1 pound more than the V.6's which makes me think that the V.6's have better Internal Bracing.

In terms of Center Channels, the CC-690 utterly trounces the largest available Center 3 of the V.7's. In addition, I do think the Surround Speakers on the V.6's are actually superior.

So in truth, I would actually rather have the Monitor 11 V.6's with a CC-690 for my Front Stage as opposed to the Monitor 11 V.7's with the Center 3. With the CC being such an integral part of a great HT, I would gladly lose the ability to go 6db's lower to have a much more capable CC. And again, I am inclined to believe that the V.6's actually boast better Build Quality. Especially when I would be crossing the Speakers over at 80hz.
And if even going lower than that, the vast majority of Monitor 11 Owners are going to be using a Subwoofer in their HT.
Cheers,
JJ
I agree if it's the cc-390 your talking about. I wouldn't give up my 390 for that little center. I would say that the 390 is my shinning star in my setup. I'm very happy with my v6's and I wouldn't want a new version unless they were superior and I don't think the 7's will be. Its hard to say without hearing them.

Old 08-15-11, 09:14 AM   #25
Elite Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Jack
Siesta Key, Florida

What is funny is I wrote 390 originally and changed all references to 690 due to being distracted and looking at the Studio 690 as I was on the Phone when I wrote 690. Indeed I was speaking of the 390 and Edited the Post to denote the Model I was referring to. Monday.....

HT
Speakers: Martin Logan Vantage (Mains), Martin Logan Stage (Center), Martin Logan Vista (Surrounds), Martin Logan Montages (Surrounds) Martin Logan Descent i (Subwoofer) Martin Logan Depth (Subwoofer)
Amplification: Aragon 8008bb, Parasound HCA-3500, Parasound HCA-2205 AT, Parasound HCA-1000a
Electronics: OPPO BDP-93, OPPO BDP-83 Pioneer BDP-05FD, Pioneer BDP-51FD, OPPO DV-980H, Panasonic DMP-BDT220

Old 08-15-11, 10:18 AM   #26
Shackster

I started this thread.

Quote:
Jungle Jack wrote:
What is funny is I wrote 390 originally and changed all references to 690 due to being distracted and looking at the Studio 690 as I was on the Phone when I wrote 690. Indeed I was speaking of the 390 and Edited the Post to denote the Model I was referring to. Monday.....
LOL it ok I usually don't pay attention to what I'm typing and make mistakes all the time.

Old 08-15-11, 01:06 PM   #27
Elite Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Jack
Siesta Key, Florida

Hello,
I am usually pretty good about it. However, for some reason, I woke up at about 4:45 this morning after staying up well past Midnight and could not get back to sleep. 13 Diet Cokes later, I am starting to feel somewhat lucid.
Cheers,
JJ

HT

Old 08-16-11, 03:49 PM   #28
Shackster

I started this thread.

The information about the new series in now on Paradigms web site.

http://www.paradigm.com/products/pro...nitor-speakers

Old 08-28-11, 12:22 PM   #29
Shackster

Since: Aug 2011
Edmonton,Alberta

Quote:
Homethrstud wrote: View Post
No big deal.
At least someone else has seen the ad now. I just hope that I can still buy the version sixes. I still need another set of ADP 390s to match the pair I have now. I might consider the new Monitor 3's for my other set if they are not selling the ADP anymore. The New Monitor 3's might just be considered new and they will still sell te ADP. I guess I will find out.
Hey there you still looking for a set of ADP-390's?? Curious since I might sell my 5.1 v.6 Paradigm system and upgrade to the new series 7! Let me know.

Old 08-28-11, 12:48 PM   #30
Shackster

I started this thread.

Quote:
Stylz25 wrote:

Hey there you still looking for a set of ADP-390's?? Curious since I might sell my 5.1 v.6 Paradigm system and upgrade to the new series 7! Let me know.
I am still looking for a set of ADPs.

Reply     Post New Thread     Back to Top of Page

Check out the Woot product for today!   Musicians Friend: Your one stop shop for microphones, mic amps and Behringer products.   Cmple   Monoprice Electronics   Amazon   Velodyne

Parts Express: Excellent Source for DIY Speaker and Subwoofer Projects!   Onkyo   GIK Acoustics: Home audio acoustics at its best... especially when you have help from the owners right here at the Shack!  Check out their very affordable acoustic panels!   Nyrius   Aperion Audio   Axiom Audio

« Home Theater Shack > Manufactured Speakers | Subwoofers > Home Audio Speakers »

« Previous Thread   Next Thread »