Paradigm New Monitor series 7 - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 37 Old 08-14-11, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

After looking at the Surround 3's I think I would rather stick with the ADP's. The ADP's are three way, where the Surround 3's are two way speakers. I'm interested in listening to the new Surround 3's and new 7 series.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 Old 08-14-11, 09:54 AM
Elite Shackster
Charlie

My System
Re: Paradigm New Monitor series 7

A co-worker asked me to go with him to audition speakers and the Paradigm dealer had the new Monitor 11's. In my opinion they are significantly improved.
Last year when I was shopping I thought the Studio 100's were clearly superior that the price difference was easily justified.
The new Monitor 11's are improved so much that there is now actual competition to the Studio 100's.
Don't get me wrong, I still think the Studio 100's are the better sounding speaker but the Monitor 11 is not completely outclassed.
The Studio 100 has a more refined / smoother sound and I would say the subtle sound definition is better too.
Compared to the Studio 100 the Monitor 11 has a more forward sound especially with voices which will appeal to many who are mostly movie and game users.
Anyone looking for a pair of speakers with a budget of $1500 should have the Monitor 11's near the top of the audition list.
post #23 of 37 Old 08-15-11, 09:46 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

Hello,
I have spent some more time comparing the V.6 and forthcoming V.7's looking primarily at the Monitor 11's that started this Thread and have come up with some findings/observations.

While the 11 V7 is rated down to 42hz as opposed to 48hz with the V.6's. they weigh 1 pound more than the V.6's which makes me think that the V.6's have better Internal Bracing.

In terms of Center Channels, the CC-690 utterly trounces the largest available Center 3 of the V.7's. In addition, I do think the Surround Speakers on the V.6's are actually superior.

So in truth, I would actually rather have the Monitor 11 V.6's with a CC-690 for my Front Stage as opposed to the Monitor 11 V.7's with the Center 3. With the CC being such an integral part of a great HT, I would gladly lose the ability to go 6db's lower to have a much more capable CC. And again, I am inclined to believe that the V.6's actually boast better Build Quality. Especially when I would be crossing the Speakers over at 80hz.
And if even going lower than that, the vast majority of Monitor 11 Owners are going to be using a Subwoofer in their HT.
Cheers,
JJ

HT
Speakers: Martin Logan Vantage (Mains), Martin Logan Stage (Center), Martin Logan Vista (Surrounds), Martin Logan Montages (Surrounds) Hsu Research VTF-15h MK2, Martin Logan Descent i (Subwoofer)
Amplification: Aragon 8008bb, Parasound HCA-3500, Parasound HCA-2205 AT, Parasound HCA-1000a
AVR/SSP: Denon AVR-4520CI
Electronics: OPPO BDP-93
Gaming Consoles: Sony PS4, Xbox 360 S (250 gb)
Display: Panasonic TC-P65ZT60, Sony KDL-55EX500, Sony KD-34XBR910
post #24 of 37 Old 08-15-11, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
Jungle Jack wrote:
Hello,
I have spent some more time comparing the V.6 and forthcoming V.7's looking primarily at the Monitor 11's that started this Thread and have come up with some findings/observations.

While the 11 V7 is rated down to 42hz as opposed to 48hz with the V.6's. they weigh 1 pound more than the V.6's which makes me think that the V.6's have better Internal Bracing.

In terms of Center Channels, the CC-690 utterly trounces the largest available Center 3 of the V.7's. In addition, I do think the Surround Speakers on the V.6's are actually superior.

So in truth, I would actually rather have the Monitor 11 V.6's with a CC-690 for my Front Stage as opposed to the Monitor 11 V.7's with the Center 3. With the CC being such an integral part of a great HT, I would gladly lose the ability to go 6db's lower to have a much more capable CC. And again, I am inclined to believe that the V.6's actually boast better Build Quality. Especially when I would be crossing the Speakers over at 80hz.
And if even going lower than that, the vast majority of Monitor 11 Owners are going to be using a Subwoofer in their HT.
Cheers,
JJ
I agree if it's the cc-390 your talking about. I wouldn't give up my 390 for that little center. I would say that the 390 is my shinning star in my setup. I'm very happy with my v6's and I wouldn't want a new version unless they were superior and I don't think the 7's will be. Its hard to say without hearing them.
post #25 of 37 Old 08-15-11, 10:14 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

What is funny is I wrote 390 originally and changed all references to 690 due to being distracted and looking at the Studio 690 as I was on the Phone when I wrote 690. Indeed I was speaking of the 390 and Edited the Post to denote the Model I was referring to. Monday.....

HT
Speakers: Martin Logan Vantage (Mains), Martin Logan Stage (Center), Martin Logan Vista (Surrounds), Martin Logan Montages (Surrounds) Hsu Research VTF-15h MK2, Martin Logan Descent i (Subwoofer)
Amplification: Aragon 8008bb, Parasound HCA-3500, Parasound HCA-2205 AT, Parasound HCA-1000a
post #26 of 37 Old 08-15-11, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
Jungle Jack wrote:
What is funny is I wrote 390 originally and changed all references to 690 due to being distracted and looking at the Studio 690 as I was on the Phone when I wrote 690. Indeed I was speaking of the 390 and Edited the Post to denote the Model I was referring to. Monday.....
LOL it ok I usually don't pay attention to what I'm typing and make mistakes all the time.
post #27 of 37 Old 08-15-11, 02:06 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

Hello,
I am usually pretty good about it. However, for some reason, I woke up at about 4:45 this morning after staying up well past Midnight and could not get back to sleep. 13 Diet Cokes later, I am starting to feel somewhat lucid.
Cheers,
JJ

HT
post #28 of 37 Old 08-16-11, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

The information about the new series in now on Paradigms web site.

http://www.paradigm.com/products/pro...nitor-speakers
post #29 of 37 Old 08-28-11, 01:22 PM
Shackster

Quote:
Homethrstud wrote: View Post
No big deal.
At least someone else has seen the ad now. I just hope that I can still buy the version sixes. I still need another set of ADP 390s to match the pair I have now. I might consider the new Monitor 3's for my other set if they are not selling the ADP anymore. The New Monitor 3's might just be considered new and they will still sell te ADP. I guess I will find out.
Hey there you still looking for a set of ADP-390's?? Curious since I might sell my 5.1 v.6 Paradigm system and upgrade to the new series 7! Let me know.
post #30 of 37 Old 08-28-11, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
Stylz25 wrote:

Hey there you still looking for a set of ADP-390's?? Curious since I might sell my 5.1 v.6 Paradigm system and upgrade to the new series 7! Let me know.
I am still looking for a set of ADPs.