Paradigm New Monitor series 7 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
Home Theater Shack Forums
Underwood HiFi - Excellent discounts on some awesome name brands. Power Sound Audio designs, develops, and assembles high quality loudspeakers and subwoofers for home theater environments. Visual Apex: The most competitive pricing for home theater projectors... and built on customer satisfaction! SVSound XTZ Sound OPPO Digital - Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer Chane Music & Cinema Madisound Value Electronics: A trusted retailer and custom installer that specializes in whole-house audio, home theater, Plasma, LCD, LED, HDTVs, Blu-ray and more. Standout Design DSP Axiom Audio

Like Us on facebookREW
Go Back   Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com > Manufactured Speakers | Subwoofers > Home Audio Speakers
Forgot Password?
Donations Reviews Vendors

Reply     Post New Thread
Views: 10723 - Replies: 36  
Old 08-11-11, 08:33 PM   #1
Shackster

Since: May 2011
I started this thread.
Paradigm New Monitor series 7

I received my new Sound and Vision magazine and in it was an advertisement for the Series Seven Monitors. Seven months after I picked up my Monitor 11's and cc-390 and ADPs Paradigm has released their new revision. I can't find any info on the new series on their web site. Any info?

Forum Rules Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-11, 10:00 PM   #2
Elite Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Jack
Since: Jul 2009
Siesta Key, Florida
Re: Paradigm New Monitor series 7

Hello,
I have not read anything, but Speakers are not going to usually radically change when changing Versions of the same Series. Especially with Paradigm.
Cheers,
JJ

HT
Speakers: Martin Logan Vantage (Mains), Martin Logan Stage (Center), Martin Logan Vista (Surrounds), Martin Logan Montages (Surrounds) Martin Logan Descent i (Subwoofer) Martin Logan Depth (Subwoofer)
Amplification: Aragon 8008bb, Parasound HCA-3500, Parasound HCA-2205 AT, Parasound HCA-1000a
AVR/SSP: Denon AVR-4520CI
Electronics: OPPO BDP-93, OPPO BDP-83 Pioneer BDP-05FD, Pioneer BDP-51FD, OPPO DV-980H, Panasonic DMP-BDT220
Gaming Consoles: Sony PS3 60 gb, Xbox 360 S (250 gb)
Display: Panasonic TC-P60GT50, Sony KDL-55EX500, Sony KD-34XBR910

Old 08-11-11, 10:09 PM   #3
Shackster

I started this thread.

Ahh but they have. They went back to 3 bass drivers on the 11s and changed the shape and name of the ADPs. They are totally different than the series 6.

Old 08-11-11, 11:12 PM   #4
Elite Shackster

bambino
Since: Feb 2010
Iowa

Quote:
Jungle Jack wrote: View Post
Hello,
I have not read anything, but Speakers are not going to usually radically change when changing Versions of the same Series. Especially with Paradigm.
Cheers,
JJ
Ditto. Paradigm really hasn't changed much between the version 4 and version 6 (which is what i've got). I will be certainly interested in seeing this newest "version".

When i had some issues with my monitor 11's i called there Tech support and the guy wasn't sure what the differance between the series was. I will definatly be keeping an eye on there site to see.

Old 08-11-11, 11:28 PM   #5
Shackster

I started this thread.

Well there is no question they are different with different drivers and all. I'm interested it looking at the specs.

Old 08-11-11, 11:33 PM   #6
Elite Shackster

bambino
Iowa

Where are you getting your info? I checked Paradigms site and saw nothing. I've got to see these new speakers.

Old 08-11-11, 11:39 PM   #7
Shackster

I started this thread.

An advertisement in the new Sound and Vision magazine. I looked on Paradigms web site as well. I wish I could post a scan of the advertisement. Is posting scans allowed or a picture of the ad?

Old 08-12-11, 09:41 AM   #8
Elite Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Jack
Since: Jul 2009
Siesta Key, Florida

Hello,
Regardless of what they did, you absolutely have some well engineered Speakers. And just because they look different and might have a different Driver Compliment, it does not make them automatically superior.

For instance, my ML Vantages just got discontinued on the ML Website. While the new Model is 2 Inches Wider, an inch or so deeper, perhaps an inch taller. it is actually 10 Pounds less and when I listened to them, I actually did not walk away kicking myself wanting the replacement Model,
Cheers,
JJ

HT
Speakers: Martin Logan Vantage (Mains), Martin Logan Stage (Center), Martin Logan Vista (Surrounds), Martin Logan Montages (Surrounds) Martin Logan Descent i (Subwoofer) Martin Logan Depth (Subwoofer)
Amplification: Aragon 8008bb, Parasound HCA-3500, Parasound HCA-2205 AT, Parasound HCA-1000a
AVR/SSP: Denon AVR-4520CI
Electronics: OPPO BDP-93, OPPO BDP-83 Pioneer BDP-05FD, Pioneer BDP-51FD, OPPO DV-980H, Panasonic DMP-BDT220
Gaming Consoles: Sony PS3 60 gb, Xbox 360 S (250 gb)
Display: Panasonic TC-P60GT50, Sony KDL-55EX500, Sony KD-34XBR910

Old 08-12-11, 02:57 PM   #9
Elite Shackster

bambino
Iowa

I agree with Jack completely. For comparisons sake my brother has a set of 12+ year old Monitor 9's i have the version 6 11's they have smaller drivers then my brothers yet they knock the socks of them plus total cabinet size on mine are smaller. Now even after his speakers being older they still can lay it down but with the new tecnology in mine somehow they deliver and surprisingly well.
I must say what ever Paradigm has done is for the better. Can't wait to see them as i've been a fan of them for 20 or so years, they are all i have ever owned and probly will own.

Old 08-12-11, 10:47 PM   #10
Senior Shackster

Since: Jun 2011
Texas

Not much info
http://cedia.customretailer.net/comp...7_Series_7/52/

Who or Where, is The Way, Truth and Life?

Speakers - MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer - Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver - Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30

Last edited by zieglj01; 08-12-11 at 10:57 PM..

Reply     Post New Thread     Back to Top of Page

Musicians Friend: Your one stop shop for microphones, mic amps and Behringer products.   Cmple   Monoprice Electronics   Amazon   Velodyne Check out the Woot product for today!

Onkyo   GIK Acoustics: Home audio acoustics at its best... especially when you have help from the owners right here at the Shack!  Check out their very affordable acoustic panels!   Nyrius   Aperion Audio   Axiom Audio  Parts Express: Excellent Source for DIY Speaker and Subwoofer Projects!

« Home Theater Shack > Manufactured Speakers | Subwoofers > Home Audio Speakers »

« Previous Thread   Next Thread »