Paradigm Monitor 11v6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 8 Old 10-30-11, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Paradigm Monitor 11v6

I've had these speakers 1.5 years now and loved them from day one. This week I was at home sick with the only upside being that I got to enjoy my HT on my terms at my volume with no WAF to consider. When I got tired of watching movies (never before realized it was possible) I turned to music and cranked it up to +10dB. Loved it. After a while I thought that my pair of Sub12's were blending with the towers quite nicely. Kept listening for an hour with eyes closed, letting it all sink in with my eclectic library on random. When I opened my eyes I noticed the lights were out on my subs. Checked the receiver display, Pure was engaged. Switched to Stereo, subs came on. Barely perceptible difference on most tracks. Proving 2 things to me. 1) PBK and Audessey MultEQ worked their magic to integrate the towers and subs seamlessly 2) I love my towers.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
People think I'm strange, does it make me a stranger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-30-11, 09:27 AM
Shackster

Yea it's to bad they discontinued them and went the way they did. I has to order my last set of surrounds last week because they are now discontinued. I was afraid I was to late to get them but they had a few left. I heard the V7 is now produced in China. I hope I'm wrong about that!!
post #3 of 8 Old 10-30-11, 09:29 AM
Shackster

Quote:
Homethrstud wrote:
Yea it's to bad they discontinued them and went the way they did. I has to order my last set of surrounds last week because they are now discontinued. I was afraid I was to late to get them but they had a few left. I heard the V7 is now produced in China. I hope I'm wrong about that!!
I have the CC-390 Monitor 11 and ADP-390's and love them by the way.
post #4 of 8 Old 10-30-11, 09:43 AM
Elite Shackster

bambino

Re: Paradigm Monitor 11v6

That is a fact the series 7's are made in china now as most products are. The Monitor 11v.6 is truly an awesome speaker with hardly the need for a sub. I say if you can still get them, get them before they are gone.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-30-11, 11:29 AM
Shackster

Quote:
bambino wrote:
That is a fact the series 7's are made in china now as most products are. The Monitor 11v.6 is truly an awesome speaker with hardly the need for a sub. I say if you can still get them, get them before they are gone.
I have them I just needed another set to make my system 7.1. It's a shame they are making their speakers in china now "land of the ". I will NEVER buy the version 7 or any speaker made in China.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-30-11, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Paradigm has been having boxes built in china for a few years now, but all other components and assembly were done in Ontario. Has this changed?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
People think I'm strange, does it make me a stranger?
post #7 of 8 Old 10-30-11, 04:18 PM
Elite Shackster

bambino

Re: Paradigm Monitor 11v6

From my understanding it is just the new Series7's that are assembeld in China. That is a fact though that Paradigm has had there enclosures fabbed in china for some time now.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-31-11, 12:57 AM
Shackster

Yea but on their web site it says made in North America, yea !!