Fluance ESHTB Higher Fidelity or SVS SCS-02(M) 5.0 SYSTEM - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
Home Theater Shack Forums
Audio General, Inc.: Great deals on projectors, screens and electronics. Underwood HiFi - Excellent discounts on some awesome name brands. Power Sound Audio designs, develops, and assembles high quality loudspeakers and subwoofers for home theater environments. Visual Apex: The most competitive pricing for home theater projectors... and built on customer satisfaction! SVSound Creative Sound Solutions: Loudspeaker kits and components for subwoofers, midwoofers, woofers and full range speakers! XTZ Sound Marantz Standout Design OPPO Digital - Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer Chane Music & Cinema Madisound Value Electronics: A trusted retailer and custom installer that specializes in whole-house audio, home theater, Plasma, LCD, LED, HDTVs, Blu-ray and more. Genelec: Active Speakers and Speaker Systems

Like Us on facebookREW
Go Back   Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com > Manufactured Speakers | Subwoofers > Home Audio Speakers
Forgot Password?
Donations Reviews Vendors

Reply     Post New Thread
Views: 2144 - Replies: 7  
Old 01-08-12, 09:57 PM   #1
Shackster

Jason
Since: Dec 2011
Wentzville,MO
I started this thread.
Fluance ESHTB Higher Fidelity or SVS SCS-02(M) 5.0 SYSTEM

I believe I have narrowed down my speaker selection to either:

Fluance ESHTB Higher Fidelity 5 Speaker Surround Sound Home Theater System

Or the

SCS-02(M) 5.0 SYSTEM : Mini-Tower 5.0 Set w/Bi-pole surrounds

Here are my room dimensions (the screen will be on the 15'-5" wall) and I plan to run a HSU VTF- 2 Sub with an Onkyo TX-SR609. I have read reviews but have not got to hear either set. Looking for some feedback. Thanks in Advance!

Forum Rules Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-12, 10:04 PM   #2
HTS Senior Moderator
HTS Reviewer

2 channel view
Since: Aug 2010
Lincoln, NE
My System
Re: Fluance ESHTB Higher Fidelity or SVS SCS-02(M) 5.0 SYSTEM

Fluance makes a decent budget line, but without a doubt, go with the SVS system. For a mere $50 more you are getting better crossovers, drivers, enclosures and the engineering it takes to make all the components work together.

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." - Bill Hicks

Old 01-09-12, 08:45 AM   #3
Elite Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Dr Doan
Since: Aug 2006
Oklahoma City, OK

You will be happy with the SVSound set. Have fun. Dennis

L Dennis Doan, DC
Gonstead Chiropractor
IT'S THE NERVE!
www.drdoan.com
www.healedthefilm.com
SVSound MTS-02 Fronts, MCS-02 Center, SSS-01 surrounds, SBS-02 rear surrounds, (2) SVSound SB-13 Plus Subwoofers
AS-EQ1 Sub Equalizer (WOW!)
Onkyo TX-SR707 7.2 Receiver w/Audyssey XT
Insignia Blu Ray NS-WBRDVD3
Toshiba DVD Recorder w/HDMI
Direct TV DVR HD
BenQ W5000 projector. 91" screen. 15' x 11.8' vaulted ceiling dedicated HT room w/DIY sound absorption
:

Old 01-09-12, 08:47 AM   #4
Elite Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Tony
Since: Sep 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
My System

Agreed, SVS wins this one by a mile

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
EV Sentry 500 monitors, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, Klipsch RC-52 Centre, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE4000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

Old 01-09-12, 10:49 AM   #5
HTS Moderator

Joe
Since: Oct 2011
Madison, WI
My System

See, now, it is responses like this that make me think I should just forgo the whole "listening to as many speakers as possible" experience and just get the SVS M-02 series......

Are there any speakers you all think are comparable to SVS?

Old 01-09-12, 11:10 AM   #6
Elite Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Tony
Since: Sep 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
My System

There are some from B&W, Monitor audio and a few others but I think you get alot more speaker for your money buying SVS as you dont pay for brick and mortar store fronts.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
EV Sentry 500 monitors, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, Klipsch RC-52 Centre, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE4000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

Old 01-09-12, 07:38 PM   #7
Shackster

Jason
Since: Dec 2011
Wentzville,MO
I started this thread.

Thank you to all that responded to the post! I have spoken with Jack Gilvery at SVSound and decided to go with the SBS-02 System and the PB12-NSD Sub. The customer service was outstanding and they even gave me an extra 5% off my total. I sent them my room dimensions and what receiver I was planning on running and they had emails back to me with in minutes. I have never had that great of service in a big box store!

So on with the build I will post pictures as I start on my room. Just wondering if I should buy all my AV gear now or closer to the finish line. I know im going to hold off on the speaker so I can test them in my finished room.

Old 01-09-12, 08:34 PM   #8
HTS Moderator

Joe
Since: Oct 2011
Madison, WI
My System

I think buying some things early is OK - like speakers. As I saw someone say on a different thread, speakers don't go out of date.

As far as the others, I would wait - you can watch for a great bargain. For example, Jack found a great sale price for the Onkyo 809 on a weekend from Newegg, so I went ahead and bought it even though I am probably 6 months out from even being able to set it up. IMO, take your time and watch for a bargain so you can save money for room treatment!

Reply     Post New Thread     Back to Top of Page

Musicians Friend: Your one stop shop for microphones, mic amps and Behringer products.   Cmple   Monoprice Electronics   Amazon   Velodyne Check out the Woot product for today!

Onkyo   GIK Acoustics: Home audio acoustics at its best... especially when you have help from the owners right here at the Shack!  Check out their very affordable acoustic panels!   Nyrius   Aperion Audio   Axiom Audio  Parts Express: Excellent Source for DIY Speaker and Subwoofer Projects!

« Home Theater Shack > Manufactured Speakers | Subwoofers > Home Audio Speakers »

« Previous Thread   Next Thread »