The Official $2,500 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event - Page 24 - Home Theater Forum and Systems -

post #231 of 1088 Old 10-21-13, 09:02 AM
Senior Shackster
Sonnie wrote: View Post
If you have recommendations for good demo music... we have a dedicated thread for this. Please let us know your favorites: Good Demo Music - Good Imaging Music - Your Favorite Demo Music Great song. I have The Hunter CD. Danny Richie with GR Research always plays a few of her songs in his room at the shows. Vienna Teng is another good one he plays. I struggle having to listen to this... just not my flavor. For whatever reasons it just not do anything for me. I guess I don't get it. No offense.
I just discovered Vienna Teng from Danny! No offense you don't like her stuff, that's one of the great things of music, there's flavors for everyone I'll meander over to the other thread so as to not muddy up this one

I think about speakers for hours every day. I believe it is mental illness.
Sponsored Links
post #232 of 1088 Old 10-21-13, 09:04 AM
Elite Shackster
My System
Re: The Official $2,500 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event

I agree, I really think that the HTS is a huge cut above the rest. Staff as well as many forum members go well above and beyond to give us the very best content and reviews of everything home theater related. I cant wait to see what speakers are chosen for this round. Wish I could be there.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #233 of 1088 Old 10-21-13, 09:11 AM
Elite Shackster
My System

I would love to be engulfed in the presentation room to hear these nice speakers and high end equipment. Once again HTS is the forum above all other forums thanks to Sonnie and all of the staff and sponsors. I wish I could attend!!!!
post #234 of 1088 Old 10-21-13, 10:12 AM

I would love to be able to attend this event. Really want to hear, and see what a professional set sounds like. For me, it would be really interesting to read the reviews on the Martin Logan ELS and SVS speakers. I currently own the Preface for the L/R, Encore for center and the Motion 4 for the sounds but like most people here I want to go bigger/better!
post #235 of 1088 Old 10-21-13, 10:13 AM

Man, I wish I was able to be there to hear these babies! I hope you all realize that you have my dream job! Thank for going the extra mile for us members. I look forward to seeing how SVS makes out.
post #236 of 1088 Old 10-21-13, 10:15 AM
Senior Shackster

I would love to be there however the reality is, for me and I'd suspect many others out there, having the disposable income to afford two speakers for @$2,500 isn't realistic. If you can afford to spend that for two speakers then you have the income to continue and get a 5.1 or 7.1 (or even 9.2/11.2) set-up with that line of speakers. I wish I had that kind of income!

No doubt all of these speakers are going to sound fantastic! My BIC Acoustech 9.2 set-up will probably be jealous of this 2.0 set up!
post #237 of 1088 Old 10-21-13, 10:15 AM
My System

Sounds like another great roundup of some reasonably priced speakers. I'm really anxious to see how the Paradigms stack up against some of the others in the group. I owned a pair of v3 Studio 60's for about a year before trading them in for a pair of Studio 100's. I wish I could've kept the 60's for my surround channels and added the 100's, as the 60's are still one of my favorites. The upgrade bug bit, and I was unable to afford to keep them.
post #238 of 1088 Old 10-21-13, 10:21 AM
HTS Senior Moderator
Bryan Pape
Send a message via AIM to bpape Send a message via Skype™ to bpape

Not exactly relevant to this thread but the little Studio 20's are a nice voice match to the 100's and will go down plenty low to cross to a sub for surround duties.

I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Bryan Pape
Lead Acoustician
GIK Acoustics
post #239 of 1088 Old 10-21-13, 10:23 AM

Thanks to Sonnie and staff for taking the time and effort to measure this quality list of speakers.

Evaluation’s like this get my attention due to this not being a shootout for best speaker but a personal evaluation of each speakers strengths and weaknesses and the reader can decide what is important to them. The effort and detail is greatly appreaciated
post #240 of 1088 Old 10-21-13, 11:31 AM
Elite Shackster
My System

This will be a very intereting eval that I wish I could also attend. I have always wanted to side by side compare the same priced ML to Maggy. I can see that there may be a base extension problem with the Maggies as they are the only ones in the shootout but we will see. When I heard the Maggies they were connected to a REL sub. I have never seen the CS2P before its an interesting design, I wonder if they plan to ever make a center channel. My room is smaller (14x17), however the placement info supplied by the shootout I think will be invaluable as a starting point at least.

$2 , 500 , audition , evaluation , event , home , official , speaker

Quick Reply

Register Now

Confirm Password
Email Address
Confirm Email Address
Random Question
Random Question #2

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address

Activation requires you reply to an email we will send you after you register... if you do not reply to this email, you will not be able to view certain areas of the forum or certain images... nor will you be able download software.

See our banned email list here: Banned Email List

We DO NOT respond to spamcop, boxtrapper and spamblocker emails... please add @hometheatershack DOT com to your whitelist prior to registering or you will get nowhere on your registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page