The Official $2,500 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event - Page 43 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #421 of 1088 Old 10-29-13, 11:57 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: The Official $2,500 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event

I think the MartinLogan ElectroMotion ESL are likely quality speakers but I get the feeling that in the end they won't be the ones ranked #1 in the review. I am very interested in seeing how the review for the SVS Ultra Towers turns out, while they seem a bit lack luster aesthetically I feel they may surprisingly rate high on the list.

Home Theater System Denon AVR4520CI, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Polk CSi A6 Center, Polk RTi A9 Front, Polk RTi A7 Front Wide, Polk RTi A1 Front Height, Polk FXi A6 Side, Polk RTi A3 Rear, SVS PB12-NSD x2 Front, SVS PC12-NSD x2 Rear, Panasonic PT-AE7000U, Visual Apex CineWhite 100" Screen, PS4, Dish Hopper, Darbee Darblet DVP 5000.My Home Theater Build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 1088 Old 10-30-13, 10:34 AM
Senior Shackster
alpha

Looking forward to this, as I enjoyed reading through the $1000 evaluation thread.

I would have been interested in seeing perhaps the Salk Songtowers or Sierra Towers with RAAL tweeters in the evaluation as well, but still some interesting products here for sure.
post #423 of 1088 Old 10-30-13, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

Quote:
phillihp23 wrote: View Post
I think the MartinLogan ElectroMotion ESL are likely quality speakers but I get the feeling that in the end they won't be the ones ranked #1 in the review. I am very interested in seeing how the review for the SVS Ultra Towers turns out, while they seem a bit lack luster aesthetically I feel they may surprisingly rate high on the list.
Remember that this is not a ranking shootout... it is an evaluation of several speakers. Each evaluation will more or less stand on its own.

Quote:
alphaiii wrote: View Post
I would have been interested in seeing perhaps the Salk Songtowers or Sierra Towers with RAAL tweeters in the evaluation as well, but still some interesting products here for sure.
The Sierra Towers with the RAAL will be in the next evaluation round, provided Ascend agrees. Not sure about the Salk yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #424 of 1088 Old 10-30-13, 11:19 AM
Shackster

mdalehts

My System

Sonnie: Will the evaluations describe the spearkers' performance relative to the others? And will they be evaluated both objectively and subjectively?
post #425 of 1088 Old 10-30-13, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

We are not planning on comparing them, as this is not a shootout for all the reasons previously stated throughout this thread, particularly the first post. There may be some subtle suggestions that a speaker has a very good specific quality and describe it, whereas we may not say the same for another.

We will have some measurements for the speakers, similar to what we did for the first event.

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #426 of 1088 Old 10-30-13, 02:25 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

I loved reading the $1K shootout thread so I'm eagerly anticipating this evaluation. With a baby on the way I can only dream of owning any of these speakers right now.

I would like to see an actual shootout at this price range with the winner of the $1k shootout thrown in for kicks.
post #427 of 1088 Old 10-30-13, 06:58 PM
Shackster
Nash

The Studio 60, in all its incarnations, is large enough to be used as a full-range speaker with nearly any program material, and yet is compact enough to be easily accommodated in my relatively small Connecticut listening room. It neither looms over me nor disappears into the space. Used as a center-channel speaker, it's just short enough to clear my line of sight to the video display. Finally, and despite inevitable price creep over the last decade, the Studio 60 still comes in under $2000/pair—my line in the sand for a reasonably priced system.
post #428 of 1088 Old 10-30-13, 07:29 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo
I am excited and ready to go as soon as I can get away from the office tomorrow. Hope to see you between 8 & 9 pm your time, Sonnie.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #429 of 1088 Old 10-30-13, 07:55 PM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System

Ooooooh, the fun part is kicking off!!!

Finally!
post #430 of 1088 Old 10-30-13, 08:58 PM
Shackster

Pupton

Really looking forward to this event. I have some older speakers that were in a similar price range when new, and I'm really intrigued to see the results/impressions the of group, given the current speaker techonology.