MartinLogan Montis and StageX Loudspeaker Review Discussion Thread - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

4Likes

post #1 of 34 Old 02-14-14, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Wayne Myers

MartinLogan Montis and StageX Loudspeaker Review Discussion Thread

MartinLogan Montis and StageX Speaker Review Discussion Thread

MartinLogan Website
Montis MSRP: $9995 Pair
StageX MSRP: $3295 Each
Available at your Authorized
MartinLogan Dealer

by Wayne Myers

Introduction

When Home Theater Shack owner Sonnie Parker first received his new pair of Montis speakers from MartinLogan, he sent me an email reporting that he had quickly set them up, guessing at the best location and angle for two-channel listening in his home theater, plugged them in, sat down to listen, started up some music, and found them sounding so great he about cried. He listened to them for hours on end almost without touching that initial setup over the next few weeks until I arrived to evaluate the Montis and the accompanying MartinLogan StageX center channel speaker for this review.

When I first heard the MartinLogan Montis, I instantly understood what he meant. Everything about their presentation was just downright impressive. That was the first of two times that I would get chills over the next few days while working with Montis and StageX speakers.

Read the full MartinLogan Montis and StageX Speaker Review.
Dwight Angus likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 02-14-14, 02:42 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System
Re: MartinLogan Montis and StageX Loudspeaker Review Discussion Thread

Having had a chance to read through the review already, I was astounded by the amount of effort Wayne and Sonnie put into doing this review - great job!

Really looking forward to seeing/ hearing them!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #3 of 34 Old 02-14-14, 04:42 PM
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

Sonnie? This is all Wayne... my only part was having the speakers.

Awesome review by the way!

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #4 of 34 Old 02-14-14, 04:42 PM
HTS Reviewer

No kidding. Excellent review guys! I need to step up my game. Would love to just sit and listen while these guys tinker and test.

edit: Well Sonnie, you are doing a stellar job of having speakers!

post #5 of 34 Old 02-14-14, 05:06 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
Sonnie? This is all Wayne... my only part was having the speakers.

Awesome review by the way!
I am guessing you provided the muscle while Wayne listened to see if you needed to adjust more - that is worth something (or I do even less at our evaluations than I thought! )

post #6 of 34 Old 02-14-14, 07:06 PM
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

There ya go... I did the heavy lifting, although the Montis are pretty light compared to the Prodigy's.

I do know it sounded considerably better after he left than when he got there, and I thought they were pretty good to start with.

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #7 of 34 Old 02-14-14, 08:02 PM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System

Sonnie, all I can say is congradulations. I know how pleased you were with you last set up, I can only imagine how satisfied you must feel now. My guess is you are home now, I'm happy for you knowing how much you enjoy this!
post #8 of 34 Old 02-14-14, 08:54 PM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Jim

My System

I haven't read through the entire review yet, but I did notice something that might need your attention... when you click on the StageX picture at the top all you get is an error message. The link for the pic is broken.

-Jim

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite
post #9 of 34 Old 02-15-14, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Wayne Myers

Quote:
theJman wrote: View Post
I haven't read through the entire review yet, but I did notice something that might need your attention... when you click on the StageX picture at the top all you get is an error message. The link for the pic is broken.
Got it fixed. Thanks.

post #10 of 34 Old 02-15-14, 11:24 AM
Senior Shackster

Nice review , at some point i would like to ear myself this speakers but they are hard to find locally and to have a serious listening and at the Montreal show never ML was present officially .