Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

What happened to Chase subwoofers?

12K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  J&D 
#1 ·
Been out for awhile. Does anyone know what happened? I am still very happy with my VS18.1's.

#2 ·
They went out of business a couple years ago.

#6 ·
Yup, they merged, and then something happened awhile back and Craig I guess left Chane or was bought out by Jon I guess. Something like that.

I recall Craig saying awhile back that he had some leftover inventory but I'm not sure what, if at all. I guess maybe some inventory from The Chase days. I'm kinda wishing he were still around as I'd love to inquire with him about him having any unsold VS18.1s.

Craig seems to have completely stopped visiting any of the AV forums. :(

#11 · (Edited)
Greetings - It hit me that I hadn't been on this site for quite a while. In fact, when logging in, HTS informed me it's been since November, 2015 - 14 months.

I exited Chane in late 2014, and at the time, there was enough subwoofer inventory at the Florida warehouse to build about 40 subs. I don't know what happened to production.

The remaining inventory from the original Chase Home Theater is owned by Chase Manufacturing - I know there are 23 Theater 10's and 140 M1's plus a few subwoofer cabinets. The subwoofer cabinets are custom designed, 15 inch vented units that were made with the Parts Express Ulti-max 15 in mind. Each is a 40x22x22 inch cabinet tuned to 18 Hz and will deliver about 106 dB at 16 Hz and 110 dB at 20 Hz with the right amp.

The cabinets are $200 each, and the drivers about the same. A quad pack of these guys for $1600 and the right amp will deliver some SERIOUS horsepower.

The driver can be found here: https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-um15-22-15-ultimax-dvc-subwoofer-2-ohms-per-coil--295-514

I can be reached at 800-664-9485 during normal business hours, Eastern Time zone, if anyone wants to get pricing and availability. There's nothing in it for me, as the inventory is not mine.

Calling to just say hi and to catch up is also encouraged. :)

#12 ·
Good morning - I added some info to the post above. Also - if anyone who purchased a Chase product and needs warranty help, please call my toll free number (800-664-9485). Eminence is still standing behind the drivers, and we still have some 18's here that I kept in case anyone needed a replacement.

All subwoofer amps are now out of warranty, but we can still help out if anyone needs assistance.

#17 ·
Craig,
Great to see you back on here, I always worry about health, family issues for people sometimes when they just stop posting. I am still enjoying my sealed and vented 18's. My Suntron amp is still my favorite of all my amps, Behringer, Inuke, Emotiva, ATI, etc. Thank you for all,the great audio products.

#18 ·
Otis - I had checked this thread every day for a few weeks, and as there were not any more posts back in February, I stopped checking. Thanks for the kind words, and I am thrilled the subs and amp are still doing well for you.

I actually found a "new old stock" SS-18.2 and grabbed it for our basement theater. Just for kicks, and with nothing public being posted about it, I am going to test it with the Dayton amp against a Power Sound Audio V-3601.

Guys like you make me miss the business. :T

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.