Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

So this happen last night

Tags
happen night
4K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  willis7469 
#1 ·
I was pulling the sub out because I needed to move it and didn't get the cord fast enough before it broke inside...what are my options

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I wonder if you can pull the jack off, and push the broken part out?

#6 ·
I could be wrong but I doubt superglue will stick to the nylon and some of those connectors require a significant amount of force to pull straight out. I know I usually resort to twisting them to break the friction.

If it was mine I would remove and replace it.

#8 ·
Use the other input?
This is my favorite, and easiest. If you were running both inputs before, then using a 2-female to 1-male Y-Adapter will get you the same results.

Think I would try .... a really fine drill bit.
Be very careful brandishing that drill! There's a solder joint somewhere on the other side!

....If it was mine I would remove and replace it.
I also favor this solution, but be prepared to brandish a soldering iron.

#11 ·
I would guess that's because the left one is also the lfe input vs having l/r and an lfe, or l/r and a bypass switch.
Fwiw, I would replace it if I needed that input but I still think the left one is what he needs anyway. Like I said, it may be intentional. Not sure what the sub/amp is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
Another easy option is to use a thin screw and thread it into the plastic. Once a couple of the threads have penetrated the plastic you should be able to pull it out.

Reactions: willis7469
#19 ·
#20 ·
Alright!!!! so I finally got around to taking out the piece that broke off inside and put it all back together, but now for some reason Its not powering up? do you think it could be a fuse issue, or did I screw something up when reinstalling. Thanks. :|#imnotthatsmart

#21 ·
Is there a switch by the power cord that might have been pressed? It happened to me. I was able to heat a tiny drill bit up and sink it into the broken piece then pull it out, and when I hooked it back up I had accidently flipped the main power switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.