Rythmik LV12R Subwoofer Discussion Thread - Page 20 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

8Likes

post #191 of 208 Old 09-26-16, 02:49 PM
Shackster

Re: Rythmik LV12R Subwoofer Discussion Thread

Quote:
3dbinCanada wrote: View Post
Unequivocally YES!!!

I've had this sub for 3 + years now and my jaw still hits the ground when watching movies... The bass is punchy, tight, and articulate and capable of bass slapping you provided the room you put it in is not overly big.

Last night, I started watching Captian America: Civil War on BluRay later in the evening but stopped half way through because my wife went to bed. This flick as some serious chest pounding bass!!. One of the scenes with this insane bass is when the motor cycle gets snatched from its rider in mid air by one of the characters (forgot who ) . That scene hit hard and I felt it squarely in the chest.
My room is only 1100 cubic feet so it should be good. Do you listen to music? I like rock and stuff like Deadmau5. I don't have bluray yet, but soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 208 Old 09-26-16, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Jim

My System

Quote:
I've had this sub for 3 + years now and my jaw still hits the ground when watching movies... The bass is punchy, tight, and articulate and capable of bass slapping you provided the room you put it in is not overly big.
After reading this I said to myself "it couldn't possibly be that long since I published the LV12R review, could it?". Sure enough, it was 3 years ago May. Man how time flies...
scorpion_pepper likes this.

-Jim

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite
post #193 of 208 Old 09-27-16, 07:02 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
theJman wrote: View Post
After reading this I said to myself "it couldn't possibly be that long since I published the LV12R review, could it?". Sure enough, it was 3 years ago May. Man how time flies...
Wait it gets much better once you pass 55. Words start to disappear temporarily from your vocabulary and things that you new to be true are "new" again. ...well maybe not the last part so much yet,,,
post #194 of 208 Old 09-27-16, 07:09 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
scorpion_pepper wrote: View Post
My room is only 1100 cubic feet so it should be good. Do you listen to music? I like rock and stuff like Deadmau5. I don't have bluray yet, but soon.
I'm kinda quirky when it comes to listening to music. I shutoff YPAO (Yamaha's room eq) running it pure direct which also disables the sub and run my fron towers full range as I want to hear the speakers as designed. That being said, the LV12-R can easily be used for music as its tight and articulate enough to do it. Its as tuneful as any sealed sub I've ever heard. I tested the sub with blues, classic rock and classical music and it works extremely well. Its just my quirk that prevents me from using the sub for music.
post #195 of 208 Old 09-27-16, 08:38 AM
Shackster

Quote:
I'm kinda quirky when it comes to listening to music. I shutoff YPAO (Yamaha's room eq) running it pure direct which also disables the sub and run my fron towers full range as I want to hear the speakers as designed. That being said, the LV12-R can easily be used for music as its tight and articulate enough to do it. Its as tuneful as any sealed sub I've ever heard. I tested the sub with blues, classic rock and classical music and it works extremely well. Its just my quirk that prevents me from using the sub for music.
That actually makes sense. What towers do you have?
post #196 of 208 Old 09-27-16, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Jim

My System

Quote:
Wait it gets much better once you pass 55.
I did that last year. And so the decline begins...

-Jim

post #197 of 208 Old 09-28-16, 09:21 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
scorpion_pepper wrote: View Post
That actually makes sense. What towers do you have?
My towers are PSB Image T45

Here are tehre measurements:
http://www.soundstagenetwork.com/mea...psb_image_t45/

Last edited by 3dbinCanada; 09-28-16 at 09:27 AM.
post #198 of 208 Old 10-26-16, 09:05 PM
Shackster

I just got my LV12R today! This thing is heavy and bulky! My apologies to the UPS guy that had to haul this thing to my front step ( I wasn't home when it arrived ). I have just started to tinker with the sound, but it sounds good so far. I want to say that my sub came double boxed, and it has a Rythmik emblem on the lower front grill. So far I am really liking music on this thing. I don't have a blue ray player yet, but that is next.
post #199 of 208 Old 10-26-16, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Jim

My System

Glad you like the sub so far. After you have more time with it I'm certain you'll be amazed at what it can do with just a single 12" driver.

Rythmik just recently started putting grill badges on. I had made mention of the bland appearance in reviews before, and others have posted the same thing on various forums, so it seems they were listening. It's amazing how much difference such a little change makes, eh?

-Jim

post #200 of 208 Old 10-26-16, 09:25 PM
Shackster

Yea, it's great that this company probably took notes from your review and made some improvements. It's a really nice looking sub in person. I must say, the badge does add some class. The pictures on their site don't do it justice. Maybe they will update that next?