Rythmik LV12R Subwoofer Discussion Thread - Page 9 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

8Likes

post #81 of 208 Old 12-15-13, 08:41 PM
Shackster
Pilk

Re: Rythmik LV12R Subwoofer Discussion Thread

Thanks Jman. I'm putting the Martin Logan 12's and Motion C center on ebay and will put an ad on this site. Might regret it but I'm pretty happy with the Infinity's right now...enough to get me by until I find something else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 208 Old 12-15-13, 08:43 PM
Shackster
Pilk

If anyone is interested PM me and I can always drop the ebay listing. I'm in SW Missouri for locals. Thanks.
post #83 of 208 Old 12-15-13, 08:43 PM
Shackster
Pilk

Shameless post count boost so I can put an ad in classifieds.
post #84 of 208 Old 12-18-13, 05:01 PM
Senior Shackster

Mike

Quote:
Pilk wrote: View Post
Ok...got my dual LV12R's running. After a few evenings playing with them and switching out some mains they're just about what I was hoping for. Seamless for music...and I mean all kinds of music, from Steel Drivers to Joe Bonamassa to 'you name it'.

I ran the Rythmiks according to the set up sheet with LFE, crossover at 80, mains to small, bass to subs only. Amp is a Yamaha RXV2700. Mainly listened in 2.1 but also ran some 7.1 stereo.

I played them with a set of Martinlogan Motion 12's that I picked up a month ago. I'm not sure they I'm a big fan of the folded motion tweeter...seems a bit hot for my tastes with too much SSSSSS on vocals and the tweeters get a little harsh at higher volumes. The Rythmiks played very nicely with them but I had a hard time taming the tweeters on the ML's. There's a fullness to the ML's but I think they might have over reached with the tweeters.

I had a set of Zaph Audio 5.3c's that I've used for HT use. I hooked them for a few hours. I actually preferred the upper end of the Zaph's to the ML's but the Zaph's are a bit shy on the midbass and felt the blend with the subs got a little weaker.

Finally, I dug out my Infinity SL40 vintage 1993 just for kicks. Wouldn't you know it, I had the best speakers sitting in a closet, untouched for 6 years because, certainly, better stuff has come along since 1993. I set these on top of the Rythmiks because, for a floor stander, they're a bit short and the stage dropped a bit. Man...was a nice combo. Not sure what it is but those two were so easy to listen to. Low volume, SPL...didn't matter...they just kept singing. I may have to refresh my knowledge of the SL40's to see why I like them so much.

I have yet to throw in a movie...that's tomorrow. I'll update then, but so far I'm happy. I probably could have ponied up another $1500-2000 for a pair of bigger Rythmiks but I think this will do.
* Awesome that you are enjoying the LV12r's!! I used to own duals, but now only own one since we sold our house we had to leave one behind.
Once you give them a few driving hours these subs will open up a good bit more!! They are very articulate subwoofers that basses with precision and accuracy! These subs are not afraid to drop below 20hz with authority if needed!

After face to face chat with Brian back in Austin, this guy really knows his subwoofers!! He's not a sales man this guy is an engineer at its finest! Anyone that wants clean bass these Rythmik servo amps are hard to beat!
post #85 of 208 Old 12-18-13, 06:22 PM
Shackster
Pilk

Quote:
Picture_Shooter wrote: View Post
* Awesome that you are enjoying the LV12r's!! I used to own duals, but now only own one since we sold our house we had to leave one behind.
Once you give them a few driving hours these subs will open up a good bit more!! They are very articulate subwoofers that basses with precision and accuracy! These subs are not afraid to drop below 20hz with authority if needed!

After face to face chat with Brian back in Austin, this guy really knows his subwoofers!! He's not a sales man this guy is an engineer at its finest! Anyone that wants clean bass these Rythmik servo amps are hard to beat!
I don't know if the break in thing is real but the difference I'm hearing now versus the first few hours is real. I'm still tweaking I guess....I keep going back to my original and recommended settings which seem to be working the best. They really to play music rather than make noise...something new for me.
post #86 of 208 Old 12-22-13, 10:58 PM
Shackster
Pilk

Just watched Skyfall....pretty fantastic. I see where this addiction can go. If 2 is good...how good is 3 or 4?
post #87 of 208 Old 12-22-13, 11:08 PM
Senior Shackster

Mike

Quote:
Pilk wrote: View Post
Just watched Skyfall....pretty fantastic. I see where this addiction can go. If 2 is good...how good is 3 or 4?
Try it and let us know?
post #88 of 208 Old 12-22-13, 11:20 PM
Shackster

Quote:
Try it and let us know?
what he said
post #89 of 208 Old 12-23-13, 12:48 AM
Shackster
Pilk

Quote:
Try it and let us know?
Quote:
Cisco Kid wrote: View Post
what he said
I'm still in my 45 day discount period . I should post a pic of my set up. My subs are just to the outside of the screens, more or less corner loaded. They serve as stands for my LR with speaker isolation pads between and the subs. The center is sitting on two stands. All I can think of is adding a third LV12R to be the speaker stand for my center. That's how the addictive personality works.
post #90 of 208 Old 01-08-14, 09:13 PM
Shackster
Pilk

Watched THe Hurt Locker last weekend. Ummmm....couple scenes were crazy! I decided at that moment I didn't really need another sub. But I see how guys get addicted to the affect and always pushing for more. I've already got upgraditus...but probably will be able to resist for a while. Thinking about updating my LRC to some DIY speakers.

Serious question though...would a third make much of a difference? Still thinking about a stand for my center channel. In stead of going out and buying a $100 stand...I can pony up an extra $400 and make it out of a subwoofer...