Rythmik LV12R Subwoofer Discussion Thread - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

8Likes

post #1 of 208 Old 05-03-13, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Jim

My System
Rythmik LV12R Subwoofer Discussion Thread

Rythmik LV12R

By Jim Wilson (theJman)

To quote the oft repeated line from the famous (infamous?) ring announcer Michael Buffer; are you ready to rummmmble?. You had better be if you buy the Rythmik LV12R, because it certainly is. This subwoofer combines power, depth and poise in equal parts. It's on the large side, and a bit generic in appearance, but for sound quality it's the yardstick to use when measuring any subwoofer costing less than $600. The Rythmik LV12R is nothing short of amazing, and well worth the asking price.

For the full review Click Here

-Jim

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 208 Old 05-06-13, 10:29 PM
Senior Shackster
Bryan

Great review -- thanks. I've been intending to DIY boxes for a pair of F15HP clones for quite some time now, in a room about the same size as yours, and it appears from this review of the most entry-level Rythmik that I will not be disappointed. And congrats to Rythmik for making even an inexpensive, accessible sub worthy of such a great review on audio quality.
post #3 of 208 Old 05-07-13, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Jim

My System
Re: Rythmik LV12R Subwoofer Discussion Thread

I very seriously doubt you'll be disappointed, especially if you're going to have dual F15HP's in a room that size. Make sure all your pictures are secured properly, otherwise they may end up on the floor...

-Jim

post #4 of 208 Old 05-12-13, 09:51 PM

About to find out how amazing the LV12R is - mine is sitting at UPS waiting for me to pick it up tomorrow! Jman's review pushed me over the edge on choosing it - great review!

Since I'm replacing a 10" BIC sub which fried the amp after 7 years - I will probably be thoroughly impressed. I've been bass-less since March, so looking forward to it - a lot!
post #5 of 208 Old 05-12-13, 10:21 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Another fantastic review Jim. I've been waiting for this one for a while now. It really has me interested in what this thing can do for such a low price.

Also, while measurements and charts are helpful, I really enjoy your writing style and how you relate everything to the casual observer/listener. It really makes your reviews enjoyable and worth the read.
post #6 of 208 Old 05-12-13, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Jim

My System

Quote:
hemingray wrote: View Post
About to find out how amazing the LV12R is - mine is sitting at UPS waiting for me to pick it up tomorrow! Jman's review pushed me over the edge on choosing it - great review!

Since I'm replacing a 10" BIC sub which fried the amp after 7 years - I will probably be thoroughly impressed. I've been bass-less since March, so looking forward to it - a lot!
I'm glad you found the review helpful. After you've had the chance to break in and tune your LV12R be sure to come back and post thoughts.

-Jim

post #7 of 208 Old 05-12-13, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Jim

My System

Quote:
TheLaw612 wrote: View Post
Another fantastic review Jim. I've been waiting for this one for a while now. It really has me interested in what this thing can do for such a low price.

Also, while measurements and charts are helpful, I really enjoy your writing style and how you relate everything to the casual observer/listener. It really makes your reviews enjoyable and worth the read.
Thank you. It's always nice to know the reviews are beneficial to people. They require a great deal of effort, so hearing they help is gratifying.

-Jim

post #8 of 208 Old 05-13-13, 08:29 AM
Senior Shackster

Mike

Yo JIM!!! Thanks for this review!!

I am a huge fan of these LV12r's!! I own two as I type and I got to say for the release sales price of $500 each I could not be happier!
These really made my sub sq much better as I knew I was missing something with my previous subs that I owned. Either way, no regrets and if anyone does decided to plunge and get these, give them time to break in. They really, really will open up and not just the SQ gets better (due to the servo sub), but the SPL on these are very accurate and tight!! My movie watching is so much more tame and in control.

Bravo!!

Last edited by Picture_Shooter; 05-13-13 at 08:55 AM.
post #9 of 208 Old 05-13-13, 11:06 PM

First impression - WOW.

Ran YPAO and tweaked a few things and not even broken in yet, it's amazing what a change there is with a good sub. The sub brings a presence to things that's just huge. My wife even commented on the movie I am playing with (Inception), "their voices sound like they are right here". I thought the system sounded good before, but now it's, well, to use the Rythmik word - "articulate". It's brought an immediate competence to the system.

OK, the train just went down the street - awesome!

Right now, I'm thinking money well spent. I am loving it. Will give it a run for awhile and retune in a bit.
post #10 of 208 Old 05-14-13, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Jim

My System

Glad to hear it's working out so well.

-Jim