JL Audio E112 Subwoofer Discussion Thread - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #41 of 42 Old 01-10-17, 01:39 PM

Re: JL Audio E112 Subwoofer Discussion Thread

Quote:
theJman wrote: View Post
"it's the movies that lack a little on the bottom end" says to me the E110 is probably not a good option. While a pair of them will increase output, it doesn't help with depth. Dual E112's perhaps, but not 110's. However, your situation may be better served by a single potent subwoofer instead.

The SB16-Ultra certainly qualifies, as does the JTR S1. With Rythmik I'd suggest looking at the F15HP instead of the E15HP. The former is a touch larger so it has a little more output and depth. Not much, but in this case every bit helps.

If floorspace is the issue, can you get a tall subwoofer? If so, something along the lines of the Rythmik F25 may be worth considering as well. Lots of output and deep bass, but no more floorspace than the F15HP.
Jim,
Thank you so much for your helpful insight. I will now strongly consider the SVS-SB16U and the F15HP. Those would be the largest units that will fit in my space. The F25 is too tall. Would the SB16U and the F15HP have comparable detail and musical finesse? I'm thinking the extension for movies will be similar, but the SVS might have a little more depth.

Since you're now testing the SB16U, you probably don't want to prematurely comment on it, but I'd love to hear any initial thoughts on a PM if possible. I am attracted to the idea of their phone app for adjustments. That must be a major improvement for ease of set-up and on-the-fly fine-tuning, even for individual songs and movies.

Willis,
Thank you for chiming in with your experience with the SB2000. That helps to answer the question on those. It seems that the size of my space even trumps the use of two 10 to 12" subs. Although I'd imagine that two current-generation subs would trounce the output of my now defunct 30 year old M&K.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 42 Old 01-10-17, 05:03 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: JL Audio E112 Subwoofer Discussion Thread

I think 2, 12's would have to be pretty potent, but as I understood, you mainly listen at moderate levels, and proper integration can go a long way. Also, since you're used to an aged single sub, the disparity might not be that bad. However, if you have the budget, this would be a good time to future proof as much as possible. Nothing stings like buyers remorse!MK is a great manufacturer but you are correct, in that simply due to its age your MK has been left far behind. Good luck! Jman is a great wing man for you here. I think you'll get just what you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk