Power Sound Audio Welcomes ICE and is Set To Release New Subwoofer Models (S1500, V1500, S3000, S3000i) - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 17 Old 02-23-15, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System
Re: Power Sound Audio Welcomes ICE and is Set To Release New Subwoofer Models (S1500, V1500, S3000, S3000i)

Quote:
mcallister wrote: View Post
I never realized Power Sound is an Ohio based company! Does anyone know if they have a showroom? I'd like to checkout some of there speakers.
Give them a call! They are a very customer friendly company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 02-23-15, 02:44 PM
Power Sound Audio

Re: Power Sound Audio Welcomes ICE and is Set To Release New Subwoofer Models (S1500, V1500, S3000, S3000i)

Hi All,

The S1500 will offer *slight* performance benefits over the XS15se. The main change(besides slightly more power from the ICE amp) is the enclosure has about 8% more effective volume even though it is smaller and front firing now.

The S3000 will offer *slight* performance benefits over the XS30se. Again, the main change is more effective internal volume even though the outer dimensions don't change.

The V1500 offers a bit more of an upgrade over the XV15se. The main reason is the effective internal volume increases around 35%(!). This is going to lead to more system efficiency, particularly in the 15-30hz range.

The XV30Fse is being reevaluated.

T-18 and speakers don't change.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
post #13 of 17 Old 03-05-15, 02:05 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Great news!! I have two Triax's and they have been two of the greatest subs I have owned yet! I can also add that the speaker power amps are a good part of why they are such good subs. Anyone looking for a sub should look to PSA first! Tom and Jim are two of the best in the business and I am happy to see their company growing with lots of new and refreshed products! Best of luck with the new line of subs guys.
post #14 of 17 Old 05-03-15, 09:58 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

I had originally thought about another sub company but Tom has won me over. I will be ordering one and possibly two of the XS15SE subs today or tomorrow. I have sold my other subs, well three of them and am waiting for the money to show up in my bank account. Once there, I am looking forward to what might happen.

YAY

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
post #15 of 17 Old 05-03-15, 06:44 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
I had originally thought about another sub company but Tom has won me over. I will be ordering one and possibly two of the XS15SE subs today or tomorrow.
YAY
He has a way of doing that. Good for you Jack!
post #16 of 17 Old 06-22-15, 04:58 AM
GJC

Hi all,

I would love to buy an S1500 but only if I can integrate it with my studio monitors, Adam F7's. Any advice on how I could achieve this?
post #17 of 17 Old 06-22-15, 06:38 AM
HTS Moderator

Lou

My System
Quote:
gjc10212 wrote: View Post
Hi all, I would love to buy an S1500 but only if I can integrate it with my studio monitors, Adam F7's. Any advice on how I could achieve this?
The F7's re rated down to 44Hz. How far down, the spec doesn't say, but I'm guessing -6dB given the 7inch woofer size. In any case, the S1500 should blend well once adjusted using its built-in controls. You can integrate it by ear, or by using acoustics measurement software like REW on this page http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...ease-read.html
If by ear, start with the crossover set at 80, then adjust up/down from there a little at a time until you get the sound you're looking for. I'm sure you're aware that too little or too much bass will skew recordings to the point they won't sound right on other systems.

Sent from my iPad using HTShack

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am