AXPONA 2015 Brings A New Flavor to the Table - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 12 Old 04-22-15, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System
AXPONA 2015 Brings A New Flavor to the Table

The Windy City has been a cold destination for the last 5 months, but things are about to heat-up. This coming Friday (April 24), Chicago is rolling-out the red carpet for audiophiles and high-end audio manufacturers for a third straight year by welcoming back Audio Expo North America (AXPONA). The event is returning to The Westin O’Hare and will run for three days.

Founded by Steve Davis in 2009, AXPONA has grown into a premier event for all that is audio. Enthusiasts will find over 125 hi-fi listening rooms at their disposal, filled with notable exhibitors such as YG Acoustics, Audio Research, Pass Labs, Focal, Legacy, Koss, Mobile Fidelity, Elusive Disc, Acoustic Sounds, Nordost, and many – many – more.

This year’s event is especially unique because the show’s production company (JD Events) has partnered with LeftField Media (co-creators of New York Comic Con) to create Audio Con. This marriage brings musical performances to the table, featuring Chicago musicians Patricia Barber (Friday) and John Primer (Saturday). It also will offer seminars that tackle “must know” topics that any true audiophile will appreciate. Sample topics include turntable set-up, hi-res audio, loud speaker/room measurement, and streaming. Panelists leading these discussions will include Michael Fremer, Analog Planet; Matt Earley, Gotta Groove Records; Jeff Merkel, University of Colorado, Denver/Merkel Acoustics; and Jim Smith, author of “Get Better Sound Through the Sound Barrier.” Show organizers say that they plan to eventually transition the entire show's name to "Audio Con," in the future. A name, they say, that's associated with a culturally significant festival type atmosphere (think: Comic Con) with music and high-end audio gear as the focus.

Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in several vendor Giveaway contests with prize packages ranging from a wooden container to hold 45's and audio accessories to Morrow Audio MA6 Grand Reference Interconnects. Vendors will also be offering exciting in-show specials on lots of products. The show is also hosting a Marketplace and Ear Gear Expo that will offer everything from headphones and audio cables to original and re-mastered audio recordings.

Home Theater Shack is planning to be present at the event (two, perhaps three, staff members will be there), so check back for more soon. A link to a show thread will be added below once it's available. If you’re in the Chicagoland area this coming weekend, make sure to secure tickets and immerse yourself into a land of audio bliss!

Show Details
  • Dates/Times: Friday, April 24, from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m., Saturday, April 25, from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. and Sunday, April 26, from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
  • Location: The Westin O’Hare, 6100 North River Road Rosemont, Illinois, 60018
  • Tickets: One Day: $25, Two Day: $40, Three Day: $50, VIP: $95. Visit www.axpona.com

Image Credit: Audio Expo North America
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-23-15, 09:01 PM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System
Re: AXPONA 2015 Brings A New Flavor to the Table

Quote:
Todd Anderson wrote: View Post
Home Theater Shack is planning to be present at the event (two, perhaps three, staff members will be there), so check back for more soon. A link to a show thread will be added below once it's available.
Nice, exactly what I wanted to know!

Let me guess....Wayne & Todd!
post #3 of 12 Old 04-23-15, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

Yes, I'm making the trip out on Saturday. Wayne Myers and Dennis Young will be there all three days (I believe)!
post #4 of 12 Old 04-24-15, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

Here's a link to the show report:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...ow-report.html
post #5 of 12 Old 04-24-15, 07:44 PM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System

Nie reporting guy's! It must be so tempting to order some of those speakers after hearing perfection. Lifestyles of the rich & famous...must be nice to come home, kick back & let the music take over.

Hey, don't forget to register for the giveaway's!
post #6 of 12 Old 04-24-15, 07:48 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Those Magico MPro limited edition speakers sure are purdy! I'd be salivating all over those bad boys. Amazing that all 50 pairs are already sold at that crazy price. What do these people do for a living? 400 lbs per speaker…wow!

Last edited by JBrax; 04-24-15 at 08:26 PM.
post #7 of 12 Old 04-25-15, 08:51 AM
Shackster
Tim

I would greatly appreciate it if you would please speak to the folks from Parasound, ask what is going on with the Halo Integrated Amplifier and post the results here. Thanks.

Parts Change
post #8 of 12 Old 04-25-15, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System
I'll ask tomorrow...
post #9 of 12 Old 04-26-15, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System
Lelantos... No Parasound reps to be found. Couldn't dig up an answer for you
post #10 of 12 Old 04-26-15, 06:33 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

What a wonderful show this was in 2015, I really found many things to love.
It was a pleasure to meet with Wayne and Dennis and briefly with Todd.
I have many photos and thoughts on the show and will ask permission to post in due course. Only positive reviews, I am thinking everyone tried so hard, not everyone hit the mark IMO of course, but therein lies the problem with posting negative stuff.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"