Emotiva Readies It's New Product Line-Up for CES 2016 - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

1Likes

post #11 of 19 Old 12-30-15, 05:23 PM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System
Re: Emotiva Readies It's New Product Line-Up for CES 2016

Sounds like we all agree, setting up the speakers properly & enjoy what comes next! I am looking forward to getting my ceiling speakers installed. I'm sure they will add to the experience no matter the format.

Emotiva makes great gear & their prices are in line with what I would expect to pay. I would be proud to own their pre-amp/amps combos, I'm just really wanting the improved surround experience that has become common place in the market now. I do like the fact that they have embellished Dirac Live, a real plus!

Last edited by Tonto; 12-30-15 at 05:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 12-30-15, 07:54 PM
HTS Senior Moderator
HTS Reviewer

2 channel view

My System
I labored briefly over not having Atmos or DTS:X with my recent purchase of an XMC-1 Gen 2, my skeptical 2 channel biased ears having heard convincing Atmos demonstrations.

But, in the end, my system is well over 90% music use, and ditching an AVR for a preamp of this caliber, with unheard of capabilities at a price that is just silly low in light of it's ne plus ultra performance is a no brainer, for this 2 channel guy. I am positive my 5.1 (eventually 7.2) listening and viewing experience will be greatly enhanced, as well.

If or when I have a dedicated home theater, I'll definitely need the immersion of Atmos and DTS:X, so I understand that side of it, too.

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." - Bill Hicks
post #13 of 19 Old 01-02-16, 09:20 PM
Elite Shackster

Quote:
tesseract wrote: View Post
I labored briefly over not having Atmos or DTS:X with my recent purchase of an XMC-1 Gen 2, my skeptical 2 channel biased ears having heard convincing Atmos demonstrations.

But, in the end, my system is well over 90% music use, and ditching an AVR for a preamp of this caliber, with unheard of capabilities at a price that is just silly low in light of it's ne plus ultra performance is a no brainer, for this 2 channel guy. I am positive my 5.1 (eventually 7.2) listening and viewing experience will be greatly enhanced, as well.

If or when I have a dedicated home theater, I'll definitely need the immersion of Atmos and DTS:X, so I understand that side of it, too.
Yeah my XMC-1 will provide me at least 5 years of enjoyment. Maybe then I'll upgrade but till then eh.

Maybe just maybe someone will come out with a standalone decoder?... either that or OPPO will release a model and we'll just run analong out out of the OPPO into the XMC and then let Dirac do it thing and be done.

I think thats the most plausible thing to happen for me and possibly yuou.
ElTwo likes this.

Master Electrician
My Theater Build
XPA-7 & Krell Showcase 7 | XMC-1 | SVS Ultra Tower system | HSU VTF-15H MK2 | BenQ W1070 | Jamestown 135"
post #14 of 19 Old 01-08-16, 12:12 PM
Shackster

My System

Any updates yet on the Emotiva Emersa EPI-1 Integrated Amp? I'm really interested in this unit and the price seems reasonable.

Epson Home Cinema 5030UB * Panasonic DMP BDT500 * Def Tech BP7004 * Def Tech CLR 2002 * Def Tech BP2X * Martin Logan EM-IW * Denon AVR-X4200W * Roku 4 * Netgear R7000 Router * Sonos Connect * Chief Rack Fan * (2) Sanus CFR1615 Racks * Royal Racks Sliding Base *
post #15 of 19 Old 01-08-16, 06:19 PM
Senior Shackster

bundini

My System

Quote:
tesseract wrote: View Post

Dennis I couldn't agree with you more my friend, I've been a 2 channel guy since the early 70's and find it just as appealing now as then. I have both digital and analog front ends, I tend to gravitate to the TT more often than not though, I guess I'm showing my age...

I still really enjoy my HT setup as well, nothing like watching a well recorded 5.1 BD live music concert of my favorite bands. I also have many BD movies with extreme LFE to compliment my subs and speakers, the video is just eye candy....

I haven't experienced Atmos or DTS:X yet so I can't comment on either of those formats, I'm sure it will take off. I spend a lot of my 2 channel listening with the misses as she does not care for my HT setup at the stupid levels I listen to, I think (know) it has a lot to do with my aging ears and hearing loss.
Take care buddy and let me know when you take the plunge into Atmos and DTS:X.

Cheers Jeffrey
post #16 of 19 Old 01-27-16, 07:59 AM
Shackster

My System

Quote:
Talley wrote: View Post
It's a fad....
Putting speakers in the ceiling is a problem for me!!!! I have a 7.1 system and the Onkyo TX-RZ800 which is an Atmos avr but I am not using Atmos at the moment.
post #17 of 19 Old 01-27-16, 08:03 AM
Elite Shackster

Quote:
husky1055 wrote: View Post
Putting speakers in the ceiling is a problem for me!!!! I have a 7.1 system and the Onkyo TX-RZ800 which is an Atmos avr but I am not using Atmos at the moment.
how is it a problem?

unless your wanting all fancy all hidden wiring and stuff. I'd just run pvc along the wall and put the speaker in it. Like my uncle did
Attached Thumbnails
Emotiva Readies It's New Product Line-Up for CES 2016-20150615_175058_1.jpg  

Master Electrician
My Theater Build
XPA-7 & Krell Showcase 7 | XMC-1 | SVS Ultra Tower system | HSU VTF-15H MK2 | BenQ W1070 | Jamestown 135"
post #18 of 19 Old 01-27-16, 08:20 AM
HTS Reviewer

Quote:
Talley wrote: View Post
how is it a problem?

unless your wanting all fancy all hidden wiring and stuff. I'd just run pvc along the wall and put the speaker in it. Like my uncle did
Plus, the PVC adds diffusion!
post #19 of 19 Old 01-27-16, 12:15 PM
Shackster

My System

I just realized that my carpentry skills are severely limited!!!