Power Sound Audio Reveals Its New S1800 Sealed Subwoofer - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

1Likes
  • 1 Post By theJman

post #1 of 8 Old 01-31-16, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System
Power Sound Audio Reveals Its New S1800 Sealed Subwoofer

It’s tough to beat the impact of quality bass in a home theater setup, which is why the continued survival and growth of a core group of Internet Direct sub manufacturers has been so exciting. One of these companies, Power Sound Audio, recently announced yet another new subwoofer model, capping-off a solid year of new speaker and subwoofer model reveals. The newly minted S1800 is a sealed cabinet design that offers an exceptional balance of size, performance, and price.

The S1800 features a massive proprietary 18-inch driver powered by a 725W ICE amplifier with DSP control. This gives it slightly more impact than it’s smaller sibling, the S1500. However, with a footprint of 22-inches D x 20W x 20.5H and an overall weight of 79-pounds, the S1800 remains a room-friendly option.

“We’ve found many customers prefer a front firing solution for both aesthetics and functionality,” explains Tom Vodhanel, co-founder of Power Sound Audio. “Now our customers can choose between the smaller form factor S1500 or go ‘bass crazy’ and step up to the S1800.”

Vodhanel highlights the S1800’s placement in Power Sound Audio’s sealed subwoofer product offerings as “bridging the price and performance gap” between the $999 S1500 model and the company’s $1599 dual 15-inch driver S3000i. Priced at $1299, the S1800 sits right in the middle to satisfy the needs for customers looking for a happy medium offering.

“We have filled out our subwoofer product line nicely in the past year,” says Vodhanel. “We now have six sealed models ranging in price from $899 to $2999. So whether someone prefers a single large subwoofer or multiple smaller cabinets, we have you covered.”

Like other Power Sound Audio subwoofers, the S1800 features a CNC precision cut cabinet featuring a rigid MDF baffle and the company’s familiar home theater room friendly satin black texture finish. On the performance side, the sub is capable of meaningful production from 17 to 200Hz +/-3dB with a typical in-room extension falling in the 7 to 11Hz range. The onboard plate amp includes standard features such as left and right RCA inputs, gain control, and On/Off/Auto, phase, crossover, and room size selectors.

Power Sound Audio is currently offering a spectacular Pre-Order pricing deal of $1149 for a single S1800 or $2,249 for a pair. Buyers can take advantage of a 30 day in home trial with free shipping both ways. It’s a great way to audition how the S1800 performs in your space, entirely risk free. For more information about the S1800 and other Power Sound Audio products, visit them on the web at www.powersoundaudio.com.

Image Credits: Power Sound Audio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-31-16, 08:14 PM
Elite Shackster

Re: Power Sound Audio Reveals Its New S1800 Sealed Subwoofer

Finally something that catches my eye. This is more practical for my needs.

Master Electrician
My Theater Build
XPA-7 & Krell Showcase 7 | XMC-1 | SVS Ultra Tower system | HSU VTF-15H MK2 | BenQ W1070 | Jamestown 135"
post #3 of 8 Old 02-01-16, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

It definitely offers a good balance between size and performance --- preorder price is also an eye catcher ;-)
post #4 of 8 Old 02-01-16, 11:03 AM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Jim

My System

Huh, what a coincidence; guess who is getting an S1800 for review.
eljay likes this.

-Jim

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite
post #5 of 8 Old 02-01-16, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

Quote:
theJman wrote: View Post

Where's the like button?

By the way, just to add... PSA subs are made in the USA with US born components.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-01-16, 01:28 PM
Senior Shackster
Bryan

Quote:
theJman wrote: View Post
Hehe

Looking forward to that.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-01-16, 02:35 PM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Jim

My System

Just to clarify... Tom and I began discussing the potential of another review in the fall of last year. At the time PSA was so busy that he wanted to hold off until they got caught up. As the holidays drew near we picked up the discussions again, but then there was the conversation about which model. After a few potentials were bantered about he finally opted for the new S1800.

To make a long story short, we had actually decided before the unit even appeared on PSA's website. So that makes you late to the game Todd!

-Jim

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite
post #8 of 8 Old 02-01-16, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

Jim, I expect nothing less than that from you.