Marantz Announces the New SR6011 7.2.4 Channel AV Receiver - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

7Likes

post #11 of 17 Old 08-02-16, 10:28 AM
Senior Shackster
Bryan

Re: Marantz Announces the New SR6011 7.2.4 Channel AV Receiver

Quote:
JimShaw wrote: View Post
The back of the X4200 shows connectors for Front Wides. To me that means DSX, correct?

I am not fortunate enough to have towers. I have all in-ceiling which means no 3D sound, Atmos, etc.

The best that I can do is run a 6.2 system with Wides,

I don't know that having connectors labeled Front Wides necessarily means that it has DSX, especially now that Front Wide is a position for Atmos, and I believe other upmixers are able to extract a front wide. Either way, the X4200 does have DSX.
JimShaw likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 08-04-16, 12:37 AM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
bkeeler10 wrote: View Post
I don't know that having connectors labeled Front Wides necessarily means that it has DSX, especially now that Front Wide is a position for Atmos, and I believe other upmixers are able to extract a front wide. Either way, the X4200 does have DSX.
I didn't think about that. I guess Atmos does have Front Wides

Thanks
post #13 of 17 Old 08-08-16, 10:06 AM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

I am putting everything in place for 7.2.4 for my home theater and was not expecting to see something this affordable this soon.
This will definitely be a contender when it comes time to make a purchase.
Robert Zohn likes this.
post #14 of 17 Old 08-08-16, 02:02 PM
Elite Shackster

OJ

My System

Quote:
Spidacat wrote: View Post
I like the idea of the 2016 models that will have the Audyssey app.
I can't wait to hear more about this, it sounds like individual channel tweaking could be an awesome feature.

Quote:
typ44q wrote: View Post
I am putting everything in place for 7.2.4 for my home theater and was not expecting to see something this affordable this soon.
This will definitely be a contender when it comes time to make a purchase.
Same here, very glad to see some good options to look at, even if they are from the same parent company.
Robert Zohn likes this.

- OJ -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #15 of 17 Old 08-10-16, 06:19 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

Like wise! Let's see which sponsor can get me the best deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Robert Zohn likes this.
post #16 of 17 Old 08-12-16, 02:08 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

Can some one guide us here any real life differences between Marantz and Denon AVR 4300 piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #17 of 17 Old 09-27-16, 01:07 PM
Elite Shackster

OJ

My System

zibawal, I have been looking at both, and I am leaning towards the Marantz at the moment. For me, they were pretty much the same offering, but there are a lot of extra features that I don't really think I'll use.

Technically, the 6011 is the sister model to Denon's x3300, and the 7011 is the sister to the Denon x4300. I think they're not really on par, but that's the corporate lineup.

The 6011 has 9 amp channels while the x3300 only has 7, which is a big difference. and the 7011 is the big boy of the Marantz lineup, but it still only has 9 channels, while the Denon 6300 has 11 channels onboard. Marantz doesn't offer an 11 channel (amplified) receiver.

Between the 6011 and the 4300, the Denon is rated for 15 more wpc, its HEOS wireless system, and carries an extra $100 on the MSRP. There are probably some other small differences, but those were the ones I found at a quick comparison.

The big reason for me to go with a 2016 model over the previous year is only the addition of the new Audyssey app (which has very little information released) allowing you to tweak the individual channels. This feature is only on the new models, otherwise I'd probably go for a 7009 or 7010 or a Denon 6200 at a nice discount.
Todd Anderson likes this.

- OJ -